my first ding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Get a dash cam front and rear for a chance at justice. Nerf bars help too.

I've been the culprit before when the wind has caught my door and I always leave a note...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Furthest (outside) space of the lot works great. It is going to be the furthest but, usually safest. I do that at work. I park a little outside the line. You only have one side to worry about (unless some ******** doesnt know how to drive around a corner!). Luckily, got the power folding mirrors on my big horn too if needed!

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The answer to this problem is sell the truck and get a bycicle.

Or electrify the body to whom ever touches it gets fried!!!!!

I just washed mine the other day and notice a HUGE scuff and 6-8" scratches along the bedside just behind the passenger door... looks like a shopping cart scrapped against it. I'm still pissed about it if I cant buff it out its getting turned into the insurance.... I never park close and if I do park next to a car its usually a well taken care of expensive car/truck.. well except BMW's cause most of them are douches :roflsquared: but somehow it still gets f'd up...

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
Years ago, I too, parked far away from everybody in a church parking lot. When I came out a couple hours later, there was a car parked less than six inches from the right side of my brand new '70 'Cuda. Incredibly, the driver had attempted to get out of the driver's side, and dented my passenger door. So much for Christian ethics! The moral is, whatever you have, people are inconsiderate, selfish ba$tards, and your stuff is going to be destroyed by people other than you. That is why I don't buy new vehicles any more. Well that, and I don't have the money to do that anymore.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Or electrify the body to whom ever touches it gets fried!!!!!
^^^ what happens when your drunk and forget?

I forget which insurance commercial it was and it been a good amount of years ago. It showed this guy parking his brand new car way out in the middle of the parking lot and there's no cars around. Out of no where this raggedy ass car come driving by with plenty of spots to park - backs up and turns in and just runs all the way down the side of that new car.

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Wife has 'small ding and dent repair' {PDR} as part of a warranty package she purchased for her 14 Edge. it was a little over a week before someone 'dinged' her brand new Ford right on a door 'ridge'. (Pretty darn visible)

The PDR guy came out and got her door 'back to new' for no charge,,, Good deal, b/c wifey was NOT a happy camper!!! LOL!!!!!!

'Small ding and dent' is kind of an appealing offering, but I don't have it on my RAM.

Last edited:

Galion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know the pain, I was parked in the back of the lot at a grocery store for under 10 minutes and came back to find white scratches along the right corner of my front bumper and the plastic below the headlight, mostly buffed out of the bumper but there's still white marks below my headlight, luckily my 3m wrap did it's job and took the damage instead of the paint, but it still ****** me off having white marks on it. Only way to get rid of it is to remove the 3m and have my front chipped to hell and back after a week, or pay out a couple hundred dollars to get the 3m replaced.:flame:

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I am lucky as mine is never out of my sight and rarely sees a parking lot.

william00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Aint nothing like finding a ding or scratch on your new truck after washing it to ruin your day !

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I park far for the most part. End spots or ones next to islands are usually good because you can hug one side.

I also look into people's cars. A passenger seat loaded with junk tells me they have no passenger and I'll get closer to them to give me more space on the other side.

Never park next to a car with a handicap placard. Not all are bad but off are not in your favor next to them.

Avoid cars with car seats or kid toys. Kids ding all the time, busy moms accidentally open doors all the way squeezing to get their baby into the car seat.

Watch for buicks, those pesky seniors lol.

Your be surprised how much info you can gather just by peeking inside of someone's vehicle.

Don't be afraid to snap a few pictures of a neighboring car and plate if you have to park in questionable situations.
I do it all the time.

A dashcam can help too, mine is sound and motion activated.

Dings happen. But I'm all for holding people accountable when they sing someone. I've reported drivers before for dinging or hitting other people's cars before and not leaving a note.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine has the first ding, Parked my the house and my friends quad didn't have the hand brake on. It rolled down a grade and backed into the passenger side of my truck. Took it to the dealer where I purchased it and repaired the front and rear doors for $1425.00 cash. Mine friend paid for the repair. They did an excellent job of repairing and painting where it was damaged. **** happens, my wife and I discussed who was going to put the first ding on it and it ended up being neither of us. I have to admit while driving it for a week with the damage killed me. It just didn't seem new any more. Got it back repaired and cleaned in and out, the new feeling was back.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Got my first door ding 6 months in. just sucks. then a second a month later. still sucks! Now I just accept it and it doesn't hurt so much.

My "favorite" ding was when I first moved to Sacramento from New York. I had returned from being stationed overseas so was borrowing my parent's brand new Camry. Took my girlfriend to San Fran for a night out. We were driving down one of the streets up hill. See some kids about 10-12 yrs old fighting on the side walk. Really getting into it. Sure enough, two of the kids wrestling around stumble down hill towards us, make it between 2 parked cars. One of the kids face goes right into my side mirror, teeth go flying, window covered with blood. They kept wrestling around and fighting so I just kept driving. later, realized there was a knee shaped dent/ding in the door. Even worse than the dent, parents didn't want to fix it on their insurance so I ended up buying them a new car with the money I was going to use to get a new truck. Which meant I had to drive a blue Camry for 5 years. Good thing I already had a girlfriend, otherwise, even if I pimped out the Camry, it would have been a lonely 5 years.