My first Truck(3.6 engine) question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also i really need the 4x4, winters are insane over here, Alot of snow.
Well, The RAM V6 is being shown to be the most reliable now. The other manufactures make good trucks/engines but based on those around me with Fords mainly I know my son's RAM V6 has had much less problems over the 65K miles or so. A few recalls, like all of them have anymore. Know guys with two F150 's with the newer turbo V6 and both have had no end of oil leak and check engine light situations. Now I know two is not a big enough survey number sort of thing but hey two for two is still below average. Chev's about the same, just different niggly problems, ABS brake sensors and oil pressure light - both bad sensors not bad oil pumps, thank goodness. So to get to 100K trouble free is possible with just about any of them really, depends on how you and whoever had the truck before you treated it. Get one that is NOT a commercial vehicle and you'll be okay. So like happens most of the time looks and equipment options end up driving the answer actually.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yes, to all your questions!!! I have a 2014 and other then a faulty fuel pump @ less then 5000 miles. I haven't had any problems, get great gas mileage, and plenty of power when needed.
My fuel pump gave out on me too at around 20,000 but I could hear it make strange noises since I bought the truck new. I'm just glad it broke sooner rather than later (I had 28 days of warranty left)!

Pro-tip. If your vehicle dies as if you are out of gas and you suspect the pump, you can often get it to start again by pounding on the fuel tank in the general area of the pump. Sometimes you need to wait 5-10 minutes for it to work. It can save you a tow truck bill...

I came from a 99 Ram Sport 5.2L V8 Magnum to the 3.6L and have no regrets. The pairing with the 8-speed is perfect in my opinion.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Alexender

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
Going to look at the truck tomorrow.

its a 2014 QuadCab 3.6 ,4x4.

How can i know about the rear end gear While im looking at it? Any tag of the gear on the truck? Like in the door jam?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Going to look at the truck tomorrow.

its a 2014 QuadCab 3.6 ,4x4.

How can i know about the rear end gear While im looking at it? Any tag of the gear on the truck? Like in the door jam?
That's the same year and setup as mine. As others have said you are looking for the 3.55 gears on that particular truck. Don't take the salesman's word either. If it's not on the window sticker look it up. Using the site mentioned above...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My old roommate had a 2014 or so Tundra and he liked my 17 Ram better. I also hate Toyota but that's just me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357