My Google-fu is weak - need halp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NuclearPickle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't quite skowered the internet, but still haven't found a clear and concise answer. If I'm looking for accessories, can I look at year 2018? I've got a 19 classic big horn quad cab.

Apologies in advance for my idiocracy.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Yes, your truck is a 4th gen

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
No apology necessary. We all had to start somewhere.

Most (if not all) 2018 accessories will fit the 2019 Classics. If you are in doubt, make sure you order whatever-it-is from a reputable retailer with a decent return policy.

The 4th Gen Rams encompass 2009-2018, and 2019 Classics. However, there were some changes over the years.

Take the below statements with a grain of salt. When I say "will fit you", I mean physically, they will fit. However, there may be additional modifications, upgrades, or other changes necessary to get things functional.

Some 2009-2012 accessories will fit you, but not many. Unless specified that it does fit, I'd stay away from these four years.
For most cosmetic accessories, 2013-2018 will fit you, but there were some changes that you'll need to research and be aware of. E.g., 2016 they changed the center console.
For most performance/functionality accessories/upgrades that do not involve electronics/computer, 2013-2018 will fit you.

If you can't already guess from the years listed above, in 2013, they did a major interior/exterior refresh. They also brought onboard the 8-speed German-designed transmission, which is my favorite transmission to date.
In 2015, they changed the computer. They tweaked it again for 2016-2017, and in 2018, they gave a slight "background" refresh to the electronics. The electronics look the same externally, but they gave them a bit more "oomph" to handle Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

These are just samples, and not meant to encompass all changes over the years, not even close. If you read threads here on the forum, you'll eventually learn more and more about the differences. When in doubt, don't be afraid to post questions here. Just make sure and try to do at least a cursory search first.

Welcome onboard!
:cheers:

Last edited: