Navigation location error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAR2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
My 2018 Ram 2500 navigation shows a location miles from where I am at. The service department told me I needed to re-calibrate. Either I could look in my owners manual for how to do it or pay them $75 to do it. When I told them the compass was fine they said I still needed to do it. After not finding anything in the manual I turned the vehicle in a circle three times. And now my compass is wrong, about 180 degrees off. Took the truck in and they checked it out and said they contacted the company. They also told me the problem was that I had not updated my navigation. I said I have other vehicles that have not been updated and they still work fine. I called the service department back days later and they said I need to up date the navigation. Has anyone else had this problem.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
My 2018 Ram 2500 navigation shows a location miles from where I am at. The service department told me I needed to re-calibrate. Either I could look in my owners manual for how to do it or pay them $75 to do it. When I told them the compass was fine they said I still needed to do it. After not finding anything in the manual I turned the vehicle in a circle three times. And now my compass is wrong, about 180 degrees off. Took the truck in and they checked it out and said they contacted the company. They also told me the problem was that I had not updated my navigation. I said I have other vehicles that have not been updated and they still work fine. I called the service department back days later and they said I need to up date the navigation. Has anyone else had this problem.
Hi, it sounds like your Uconnect system needs to be updated. The files for software level 18.45.01 are currently available on driveUconnect.com. I would recommend checking if this update is available for your vehicle. If so, you will be able to download the software to a USB and update your vehicle at home. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Alison
RamCares

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
Mine was also way off and would "freeze", then I got the update package in the mail.
After the update all is good again.

OP
OP
B

BAR2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Hi, it sounds like your Uconnect system needs to be updated. The files for software level 18.45.01 are currently available on driveUconnect.com. I would recommend checking if this update is available for your vehicle. If so, you will be able to download the software to a USB and update your vehicle at home. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Alison
RamCares
Thanks for the information. Went to driveUconnect.com logged in and it says my system has the latest update. My compass is now correct. The compass gradually corrected itself.

OP
OP
B

BAR2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins

Alison
RamCares
I opened a chat at driveUconnect.com and they instructed me to check https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html That site also says my truck has the latest update. Please advise as to what I should try next. This could be a safety problem if someone relied on the navigation for directions.

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Thanks for the information. Went to driveUconnect.com logged in and it says my system has the latest update. My compass is now correct. The compass gradually corrected itself.
I think your starting points to get help here in the forum are to read through the “Roll-Up” thread that’s pinned at the top of this forum, then to report here which radio you have and the current software version, which you can find through “settings” and “system information” on the radio screen. The driveuconnect.com site seems to not always report your update status correctly, at least it sure didn’t on my truck.

once people know which version radio and software you have I expect you’ll either get help or confirmation that your truck is indeed up to date.
Best,
DG

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

I'm happy to hear your concern seemed to resolve itself. Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else.

Alison
RamCares

OP
OP
B

BAR2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I'm happy to hear your concern seemed to resolve itself. Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else.

Alison
RamCares
The compass did not stay correct for long. And the map never re-centered on the actual location of the vehicle. The dealer was instructed to remove the compass module and turn it 180 degrees and re-insert it. the dealer did this today and it did not work.

OP
OP
B

BAR2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I think your starting points to get help here in the forum are to read through the “Roll-Up” thread that’s pinned at the top of this forum, then to report here which radio you have and the current software version, which you can find through “settings” and “system information” on the radio screen. The driveuconnect.com site seems to not always report your update status correctly, at least it sure didn’t on my truck.

once people know which version radio and software you have I expect you’ll either get help or confirmation that your truck is indeed up to date.
Best,
DG
After selecting system information "software license" appears and selecting it only gives a website to go to to read about the software license.

kkimes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
My Chrysler 300 is doing the same thing just started giving me the wrong location.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
My Chrysler 300 is doing the same thing just started giving me the wrong location.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

john gidzinski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
my 8.4 acted squirelly for 1 week, then lost all satellites. Was about 2 miles off. Driving in circles didn't work. Updated the RA4 software - didn't work. Disconnected the battery for 10 minutes - didn't work. Then as I'm calling Uconnect care, I check again and viola... seeing all but 3 sats and it's spot on. Going to update the map software next. Hope I'm as lucky. Good luck all !!!!

Tom Robinson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L I6 HO cummins diesel
Reviving an old thread. My 2018 Ram 3500 thinks we're in Mexico when we're in Washington state. I've gone through the above recommendations and the system is up to date. Seems like the GPS is way off. Compass appears to be correct, but I don't really go by it.

Bwest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It appears that the antenna which services the TPMS, remote FOB, GPS, etc., is inop. My tire pressures are correct, but says there's a TPMS problem. I was using "Set time with GPS", which shows the incorrect time, so it's not picking up any GPS signals. I've noticed lately that I have to sometimes be in the cab to lock/unlock with the FOB, and sometimes it even says "FOB not Detected" when I'm in the cab (yes, battery is new). Any ideas on how to service the antenna itself? These were intermittent problems, but have now lasted for some weeks.