need a few honest opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^This, definitely do something with the bumpers, kinda ruins the flow of black and yellow

suzukiquadrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 , 2004
Engine
cummins 5.9, 6.6 duramax
Paint bumpers to match, those killerbee badges are sweet, i would not say poser, with a hemi, full exhaust, 4.56 gears, you can hang with most stock stop light cruisers.

ArmRippinToys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 1989
Engine
Honestly I cant really see you doing anything unless you really want to go full on custom in which I would do an SRT-10 front bumper, color matched rear bumper, then some power steps to get a cleaner look, but I would probably just leave your truck alone

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agreed, paint bumpers, tint tails, drop the ass.

Go with this look on the hood....
04rbeebytbookman_up1_1.jpg

AND I would say get rid of bed stripe, played out IMO. Do something like the RAM GTX

EL_HEMIGTX_GREEN_600.gif

and do a radio bezel in fashion of the rumble bee, except "killer bee 0001"

t_img_2705_medium_141.jpg

Got_Hemi44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
but I fee like my truck is missing something

In line with what others have already said,

Stick with a theme. Judges are looking for flow. The truck is looking good and on the right path, but decide where you want the finished product to be. I personally can't tell what you're going for. My advice would be to go yellow/black or yellow/chrome. Mixing all three is difficult to pull off. Also are you going for a sport truck or off-road? It looks like you're heading the sport route, but then the side steps kill it. What I did that may help you is to photoshop many different routes, pick one, then build it.

OP
OP
Budakane

Budakane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345ci Hemi
Interior is already color matched, with a 3 gauge A-pillar. My truck is 4wd so no drop. been comtemplating painting bumpes for a while
Agreed, paint bumpers, tint tails, drop the ass.

Go with this look on the hood....
04rbeebytbookman_up1_1.jpg

AND I would say get rid of bed stripe, played out IMO. Do something like the RAM GTX

EL_HEMIGTX_GREEN_600.gif

and do a radio bezel in fashion of the rumble bee, except "killer bee 0001"

t_img_2705_medium_141.jpg

OP
OP
Budakane

Budakane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345ci Hemi
Update: Just bought blackedOutHemi's tinted tails and 3rd brake light.......and will look into the bumpers. My wife likes the SRT-10 bumper, me I would rather just paint what i have for originality.....any more suggestions/opinions?

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks guys, I really appreeciate your help. I went to SOOO many shows b4 getting deployed, and couldnt even get the judges attention...:(. I went to the Boardwalk nationals in Wildwood, Nj on R&R and the judges didnt even look twice the the Killer bee. I plan on going to ALL Chrysler/truck Nationals next year......so gotta be flawless.....but I fee like my truck is missing something

I would argue the biggest thing it is missing is a stance. It's stock height, that's easy to overlook at a show. (IMO). I've seen many an amazingly clean truck and the first thought I have is always 'It'd look better with a drop' or 'that thing needs a lift'

I think some subtle badges on the cowl would look good, but don't go with much more in the way of stickers.

OP
OP
Budakane

Budakane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345ci Hemi
Thanks Greg, The Airram stickers are comin off as soon as I get home

OP
OP
Budakane

Budakane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345ci Hemi
Whato bout having like a ghost honeycomb pattern, and have it fade to bout the front dor?

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
I think something that might grab ya some attention...pretty work intensive...paint the frame and components of it yellow.

Tapatalk Addict

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm not saying drop, but maybe a lowering shackle. Or a level in the front would be nice.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I was around the show scene quite a bit in my 03. The biggest thing you are missing is the stance like many others have said. You dont have to tuck the tires, but you are going to have to lift it or drop it to get attention at car shows. There are some 4wd drop kits, or you could do something as simple as some rear drop shackles. I wouldnt suggest lifting it though since you also care about performance.

Something else to think about is painting the outer grille shell yellow to match the truck, but leave the crosshairs and inserts black. The way it sits now, some judges may look at it as if you just bought a black grille and threw it on without painting it.

OP
OP
Budakane

Budakane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345ci Hemi
Here what i have right now...is a leveling kit the same as a rear drop? And i dont want to lose my 4wd driveablity as i am stationed here it snows....alot

5117-killer%2520bee%2520009.jpg

Last edited:

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Level raises the front, rear drop drops the back. Both will give you a level look just depends if you want the front as high as the rear is now or the rear as low as the front is now. And you can still use 4wd even with a 2/4 drop, trup's old truck and new truck are both dropped 4x4

OP
OP
Budakane

Budakane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345ci Hemi
[COLOR="Yellow"Also Matt, my grill outer shell is plastic, and my insert is aluminum. Can uoy powdercoat plastic? ][/COLOR]

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
[COLOR="Yellow"Also Matt, my grill outer shell is plastic, and my insert is aluminum. Can uoy powdercoat plastic? ][/COLOR]

You cant powdercoat plastic, but it would be very easy to just paint it to match. I think that will help make your truck stand out from the rest.

OP
OP
Budakane

Budakane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345ci Hemi
Got it, thanx matt, i'll tell the wife. Hopefully she can get a good price on this, and the bumpers