Need help with Pedel Commander Install.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stewart14

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi , I have been a member here for about four months now and this is my first post . In the past four months I have done some modifications to my 2017 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Crew Cab 4X4 such as Window tint, Outlaw Exhaust and 5`` Caravan exhaust tips, Catch Can and a bunch of others thanks to all of you . I need some help on my latest modification which is the Pedal Commander . I went to install it on Saturday I followed the instructions but I have run into a problem and not sure what to do . When I installed it and started up the truck I got a message saying Service Electronic Throttle Control . Tried to install it 3 or 4 times (each time I waited 30 minutes for the truck to power down) I even disconnected the Negative battery cable (as per the PC website) but kept getting the error message . On the last attempt the check engine light came on . So I connected my code reader and found I had an P2122 –Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch D Circuit Low error . Not sure what to do at this point . I have to call the dealership and make an appointment for the Cruise Control Recall Do I tell them about the check engine light and the error ?

BlkZrx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 SLT Std. cab
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Is the key fob anywhere near the truck? I put mine in the house and it still caused a CEL after install. Wrap it in foil, take it far as possible away. Disconnect the battery, give it a half hour. Hook up your PC and reconnect battery. That's what I did with my 16. Works great.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Stewart14

Stewart14

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks but no go . I disconnected the battery and let it sit for about 45 minutes and reconnected the PC but still getting the Service Electronic Throttle Control error .

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
I have heard of that happening if the connections don't snap in tight and you hear them "click"

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not only did I put BOTH keys in foil, I put them in my basement fridge. I waited an hour after that before I did the install. I left my doors unlocked with the drivers door open. I'm not sure that is required, but I figured opening the door might take it out of standby mode.

And I did hear that if you do not connect the connectors all the way with a snap, it can cause an error.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Download the Pedal Commander App on your phone and connect the device. Then run an update on the App.

I had another customer this morning with a 2019 that had the same issue. Update fixed it, and he loves it.

OP
OP
Stewart14

Stewart14

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys but no go still getting the error . There is no lights on the pedal commander so I cannot connect to it with the app.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Thanks guys but no go still getting the error . There is no lights on the pedal commander so I cannot connect to it with the app.
None of the lights come on when you turn the key on? That sounds like a connection issue at the plug.

OP
OP
Stewart14

Stewart14

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah no lights come on at all .. When I connect the PC I hear the clicks on both connectors and sometimes the one connected to the gas pedal is tough to pull off so I know there is a good connection .

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
If the Pedal Commander is not powering up, then I would contact the company you purchased it from to setup an exchange. There is a connection issue on the plug or the module itself based on what you are experiencing.

OP
OP
Stewart14

Stewart14

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for your help . I am hoping PC can help me out as the vendor I bought it from only had a 30 day return policy which has passed. Thanks
again for the help .

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Thanks for your help . I am hoping PC can help me out as the vendor I bought it from only had a 30 day return policy which has passed. Thanks
again for the help .
You have a 2 year warranty if it was purchased from an Authorized Pedal Commander dealer, so you shouldnt have anything to worry about. Pedal Commander is very easy to work with.

DoubleB223

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi , I have been a member here for about four months now and this is my first post . In the past four months I have done some modifications to my 2017 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Crew Cab 4X4 such as Window tint, Outlaw Exhaust and 5`` Caravan exhaust tips, Catch Can and a bunch of others thanks to all of you . I need some help on my latest modification which is the Pedal Commander . I went to install it on Saturday I followed the instructions but I have run into a problem and not sure what to do . When I installed it and started up the truck I got a message saying Service Electronic Throttle Control . Tried to install it 3 or 4 times (each time I waited 30 minutes for the truck to power down) I even disconnected the Negative battery cable (as per the PC website) but kept getting the error message . On the last attempt the check engine light came on . So I connected my code reader and found I had an P2122 –Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch D Circuit Low error . Not sure what to do at this point . I have to call the dealership and make an appointment for the Cruise Control Recall Do I tell them about the check engine light and the error ?

I have just started to have this problem. I’ve had mine instilled for a few months now and it’s doing this now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Stewart14

Stewart14

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To save some headaches call PC and tell them about your issues and they should replace the unit .

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
These issues seem to effect only the Bluetooth units

OP
OP
Stewart14

Stewart14

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought I would update this issue . I received a new PC last week installed it this morning and no issues works like a charm . Thanks everyone for the help .

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Let the fun begin....lol