Need help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
Dumb question, did you follow the FSM directions on assembly?

Likely just P0300
the po300 ,yes likely the code but wanted to make sure from op so i have all the info i need to try to help the best i can

LoneWolf3574

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am getting code P0300. Send me that code. Crankshaft position sensor will be my next stop unless something else jumps out at me

Also dumber question what is FSM?
Factory Service Manual. See the link below to download the one from these forums.

OP
OP

00 chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
rock auto 5% disc. code 10125375524c3c, exp-4-7-2020, hope the sensor fixes your problem,good luck.

Part ordered will update after delivery. Thanks again!!

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
glad i could help,hope the sensor is it.

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
shipping sucks these days with the virus.i ordered some **** for my truck from amazon two weeks ago and i will not get it til may 7.so next wk. is not bad.every time i order from rock auto i always get it a day or two earlier than they say.you can always just cancell order and get it at a local parts store if you don't wanna wait.

OP
OP

00 chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
shipping sucks these days with the virus.i ordered some **** for my truck from amazon two weeks ago and i will not get it til may 7.so next wk. is not bad.every time i order from rock auto i always get it a day or two earlier than they say.you can always just cancell order and get it at a local parts store if you don't wanna wait.

Local parts store is 30 bucks that 15 bucks saved bought me some patience. Not to worried their shipments always arrive earlier. I might even get it tomorrow. We shall see. In the mean time i gotta figure out my drivers seat.

OP
OP

00 chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
New crankshaft position sensor came in. Installed and no fix.

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
that sucks.try to ck. timing like you suspected,ck.vacum and double ck. wires,maybe crossed or not a good connection?i'm gonna keep trying to figure out what else it might be.hopefully someone else will chime in with a solution.

OP
OP

00 chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Current symptoms
Rough idle
Stalls when revved up

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
fuel good?spark plugs good?battery good?i'm tryin.also tryin to stay away from the darker sd. of things.

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
i'm really suspecting bad vac. leak somewhere,possibly at the intake manifold.maybe do a vac. test.

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
I hear the intakes should be replace if u take it all apart ! run get it hot tighten the bolts run spray starter fluid see if it speeds up or not if it does there's your leak ok ! or use carb cleaner ok !

OP
OP

00 chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
fuel good?spark plugs good?battery good?i'm tryin.also tryin to stay away from the darker sd. of things.

New plugs, new battery. Fuel is iffy as it sat since the summer but 3qtrs of a tank in it and no where to put it.

Maybe new coil boots?? Whats the dark side i might rather deal with that.

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
my opinion would be bad fuel for sure is the problem if it sat that long.i believe fuel only stays good for about 3-4 mo.if not treated.the dark sd. would be something major internally.i would get some fresh fuel in there and see what happens.as far as the old,get it in some gas cans and possibly recycle it or start a fire and burn it if you can

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
i would say vac. leak.i would assume at the intake seeing it was removed.anything internal is slightly out of my realm and would only be guessing and i don't wanna lead you down the wrong path but i will keep looking through my manual and searching online and let you know if i come up with anything.hopefully someone with a little more knowledge will chime in.

OP
OP

00 chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Used carb cleaner and checked for leaks. No signs or change in idle. Upon further inspection decided to check my gas cap. 100% trash. So need a new gas cap. Which now leads me to definitely having water in my fuel as i live in Houston and the humidity alone would fill my tank. Also noticed water coming out of exhaust.

OP
OP

00 chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Everything is now on hold as mu oil and coolant are mixing. Preparing to tear down again