Need suggestions on service manual

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dpinvidic

This guy gets shotgun
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 Laramie, and plan on getting a factory service manual off of e-bay when they are available. That might be a couple of years.
While my warranty is still in effect, I would like to get a manual that covers most of the systems on the truck.

Can anyone tell me how old of a manual I can get now which would be usable for most items? I guess the electronics is the big difference.

How are the Haynes 2009 thru 2012 books?

Thanks,
Dan

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I just registered for a three day techauthority.com account and made my own. I'm not distributing it for obvious reasons, but if the savings is worth your time, you can do the same. I also believe that this is more detailed than the consumer oriented CD is.

7yqsMxO.png

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dpinvidic

dpinvidic

This guy gets shotgun
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cool...Looks like techauthority is owned by Chrysler.
$35 for three days is worth it if you have a problem.
Even if it is just to confirm that the dealer is not B.S on the warranty work.

Dan

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Curious.... how detailed are you looking for in a manual? I downloaded the free app " ram toolbox" that has a lot of the basic info for my truck. Nothing detailed but I like to read it over when I'm on the train for work... it has lots of information including the service manual, dash light indicators, and basic functions of the truck.

Is there something specific you are looking for?

Angel

"worrying about MPG in a truck is like looking at a Prius tow rating"

mesaboogie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I was unaware they still sold factory service manuals to the public. I thought they had totally moved to intranet type login systems for factory authorized service centers.

I had a multi thousand page PDF of my 2004. But I haven't seen a print service manual since before that.

OP
OP
dpinvidic

dpinvidic

This guy gets shotgun
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am looking for detailed info on the air suspension and electronics. I am trying to diagnose a "Low battery" warning when I lower the suspension with the engine off.

I think all the manuals come on DVD. At least I saw a 2013 RAM 1500 manual on ebay several months ago. I hope by the end of the year one will be available. The paper manuals are in the thousands of $$ now since they are so big.

Dan

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gotcha...well that makes sense. If its a low battery issue, have you tried a different battery just to see if it goes away?

Angel

OP
OP
dpinvidic

dpinvidic

This guy gets shotgun
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gotcha...well that makes sense. If its a low battery issue, have you tried a different battery just to see if it goes away?

Angel

No I have not. Since the truck is 6 weeks old, an d the battery measures 12.4V AND there is now other problem I did not think it was likely to be a battery problem.
Also, I just received my new Bluetooth scan tool, and the ECU also shows 12.4v on the battery.

Now I suspect there is a voltage sensing circuit in the air suspension compressor that may be giving the message. going to look into that more.

Dan

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can't find anything available for the 2014. The Tech Authority website has the Factory Service Manual for the 2013, but it's $135.

I found a web site that has them cheaper, ($85) but still not for the 2014. You might email them and ask when the 2014 will be available.

Service Repair Manuals