New 2024 1500 Rebel Came With Extra Lock Cylinder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Puckstopper55

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 1500 Rebel
Engine
Extra Lock Cylinder

Title kind of says it all. I was going through the loose baggies that the dealer left in the truck and I found this. Seems to be an extra lock cylinder, but to what? Why’s it included? I do have the Trailer-Tow Group package (which is why they included 4 extra tpms) but don’t see why this would be part of that. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Attachments

• IMG_1093.jpeg
    IMG_1093.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1091.jpeg
    IMG_1091.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1092.jpeg
    IMG_1092.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 25

mplaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Consider yourself lucky. When I picked up my 23, I found screws under the back seat, in the bed and floor bins.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
The only thing that comes to mind, is do you have the ram boxes in the bed?

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Consider yourself lucky. When I picked up my 23, I found screws under the back seat, in the bed and floor bins.

Ha, I found big nuts and bolts under the driver seat with my Rebel :)

vhmike73

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500 Laramie Limited
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If you have the bed divider, that may be for the lock in the bed divider handle; might need to have it coded to your key. I have the divider (wasn't with my truck, but mine was used) I got off FB marketplace with the original owner's lock cylinder still in place, so I can't lock the divider. But that cylinder looks like the one I ordered (though the replacement has none of the pins to make mine useful) as the replacement for the lock in the bed divider.

OP
OP
Puckstopper55

Puckstopper55

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 1500 Rebel
Engine
Ahhh. That does make sense! I’ll have to check it out in the morning. Thank you

Daboink

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yep! You got mine. I ordered the bed divider and mine showed up without the locking cylinder! I called and it took me over four weeks for it to show up. I actually took it to the Gupton shop and they installed it. I would have had no idea how to "key" it to match the provided key. They did great and I left happy... well except for the whole process to begin with.

OP
OP
Puckstopper55

Puckstopper55

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 1500 Rebel
Engine
Yep! You got mine. I ordered the bed divider and mine showed up without the locking cylinder! I called and it took me over four weeks for it to show up. I actually took it to the Gupton shop and they installed it. I would have had no idea how to "key" it to match the provided key. They did great and I left happy... well except for the whole process to begin with.
Sorry about that

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found an unopened rubber and a 4 prong twist lock plug. Not sure what the electricians were doing in the back seat.
Not the 1st thing I thought of when i read rubber and 4 prong twist plug...:happy175:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I had my mind going through the Ram

mostly thinking rear floor cubbies & Lower Glove Box Door

I did not even think about Ram Boxes & Bed Storage Divider

Neomoritate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you have the bed divider, that may be for the lock in the bed divider handle; might need to have it coded to your key. I have the divider (wasn't with my truck, but mine was used) I got off FB marketplace with the original owner's lock cylinder still in place, so I can't lock the divider. But that cylinder looks like the one I ordered (though the replacement has none of the pins to make mine useful) as the replacement for the lock in the bed divider.
You can have the cylinder re-keyed by your local locksmith