New convert to Ram with a stupid question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I don't comment too often on here, but you can't tell me that I'm the only person who knows the US has a dollar coin currently in circulation. The far left slot works perfectly for them. Ask your bank teller for some. They don't usually have a lot of them around.
They're not good for anything. You can't use them in any coin-operated machine, and carrying them around is a PITA. They're only useful for Tooth Fairy donations.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't comment too often on here, but you can't tell me that I'm the only person who knows the US has a dollar coin currently in circulation. The far left slot works perfectly for them. Ask your bank teller for some. They don't usually have a lot of them around.

That's great news for us Northern folks.

Our Loonie is the same size as the US dollar coins, (26.5mm) and loonies are used in many places up here. Parking meters, soft drink dispensers and other vending machines.

Laundromats and some of the self-service automobile cleaning machines too.

That's too bad that FCA cheaped out, with my Ram only having 3 coin slots.
Nickles, dimes & quarters are mostly useless in public places now other than at a drive-through, if you still use cash.

Last edited:

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
They're not good for anything. You can't use them in any coin-operated machine, and carrying them around is a PITA. They're only useful for Tooth Fairy donations.
My daughter only accepts polymer bills from the Tooth Fairy now....
I swear she's going to be a lawyer or politician one day...lol
I'd be cool with her as a welder/fabricator or electrician...time will tell.

truck2569

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just upgraded my '99 F-150 to a '19 Ram 2500.So far I love this truck. Wish it had a couple of things it doesn't, and wish it didn't have a couple of things it does - but that's the tradeoff when buying used. In playing it and learning it, I found one I just can't figure out. The coin holder has 5 slots, and all of them are different sizes. I have figured out that from right to left is dimes, pennies, nickels and quarters. Why they would put a penny holder in there is beyond me, but that's an engineer for you. But what about the far left one? It is too big for quarters. What the heck is it for? Even if 50-cent pieces were still in normal circulation like they used to be, it is too small for them.
5th one is dollar coin.

Dieldrin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 ETorque
I just upgraded my '99 F-150 to a '19 Ram 2500.So far I love this truck. Wish it had a couple of things it doesn't, and wish it didn't have a couple of things it does - but that's the tradeoff when buying used. In playing it and learning it, I found one I just can't figure out. The coin holder has 5 slots, and all of them are different sizes. I have figured out that from right to left is dimes, pennies, nickels and quarters. Why they would put a penny holder in there is beyond me, but that's an engineer for you. But what about the far left one? It is too big for quarters. What the heck is it for? Even if 50-cent pieces were still in normal circulation like they used to be, it is too small for them.
It's for the lube, for when you bring it to the dealer for service.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
They're much more useful than paper notes when they experience a wash cycle or an unexpected swim.

Your daughter sounds like a smart cookie who will keep her Dad in line. LOL :cool:

Brother, more than you know, she does!
I'm a super proud Dad, too.
She's 6.5 going on 14 some days.

She get's her Savage Rascal next summer as well. I already bought it, cleaned and lubed it, and tucked it in the vault for her.
She loves blue, so I got her the blue one :)

Right now we're learning firearms safety with the nerf dart shooters ;)

Floyd1979

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well look on the underside of the center console . You will see Graphics and drawings

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@CanuckRam1313

I'll look and see, I got some $1.00 coins somewhere, will post pic for posterity, lmao.

HERE U GO, HAD TO look in truck, I got $10 worth of Susan B's. But they sucked, bout all they were good for were coke machines that would take them, lol.

Suzan B $1 coins.jpg

U all talk looney and tooney, all I get outta dat is Looney Toons Cartoons, roflmao.

lts.JPG

Last edited:

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I feel short changed now because my '21 Warlock only has 3 slots. :cool:

View attachment 542757

I don't use mine, but I think that is what I have , only thing I worry about is $1 & $2 Canadian for car wash machine, We gave up 1c as it don't buy anything , 5c an't worth having either.
Hi From Canada, Land of inflation

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
i didn't think any one used the coin holders....i wish i could take mine out. it takes up too much room in that small space.

but, i did add an LED light inside of that so i can see what i'm looking for at night
I took mine out, in the center armrest in my 2014 sport, it just lifted out I am sure.

DavidAlden

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Susan B. Anthony dollar coins maybe?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Susan B. Anthony dollar coins maybe?
See my post #53, Susan B's fit in there, I just did not do another pic, lol. But they fit well and stay in there, I tried them before I took the pic of the coin, but I had to search to find any Susan B's, lol.

Jpmucha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the same 2019 2500 and don’t use them for coins but the larger one to the far left is the perfect size for the key to my wheel locks so it’s not rolling around.
That and to say I’m using it for something useful. :shrug:

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I sometimes get a U.S. half-dollar in change and the first chance I get I use it for a purchase. More times than not if the cashier I'm giving it to is young, I'll get questioned if it's a real U.S. coin. Once I got a "we're not suppose to accept Canadian coins."

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 111390 miles.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4

I knew we did, I commented as such, but nobody uses them. The government tried real hard to get some level of acceptance. US Mint would ship them for free, which let a lot of people get a lot of credit card rewards by ordering $5k of coins, receiving $5k in coins, and depositing $5k in coins then repeating the cycle. USPS rigged their vending machines to spit out $1 coins as a change and wanted their clerks to do the same, etc.

However, the market has soundly rejected them.

I use cash for *anything* probably less than once a month, let alone coins. I'll pay with cash if there is an incentive to do so or it's under $5-ish, but else I'm using a rewards credit card for the kickbacks. Just pay the cards off every paycheck and everything is on a 2% or greater rebate...