New Locking fuel caps - Geno's Garage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phillykid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I recently came across this vendor marketing a series of locking gas caps for the 2019-21 Rams and thought I would post the link for anyone interested in taking a look -

I've placed my order for one to go on my '21 Bighorn 1500 quad. Appears they have several caps to fit other models both fuel and diesel.

Sorry if this ends up being old news to the forum, but for me it's first I've seen anything of this type for the new Ram series so thought it might be post-worthy.

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
I recently came across this vendor marketing a series of locking gas caps for the 2019-21 Rams and thought I would post the link for anyone interested in taking a look -

I've placed my order for one to go on my '21 Bighorn 1500 quad. Appears they have several caps to fit other models both fuel and diesel.

Sorry if this ends up being old news to the forum, but for me it's first I've seen anything of this type for the new Ram series so thought it might be post-worthy.
Never hurts to inform the uninformed or anyone who may be new.

geomojo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you ever get this cap? Did you like it? I'm probably going to order one.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought one, fits great, no more worries about anyone putting anything in my tank, or taking anything out!!!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Same company that makes those locking gas caps, started with the locking filler cap for the DS body capless diesel filler neck. Well made products, I have both the fuel and DEF caps, the same is available for the DT body diesel trucks also.

geomojo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks I went ahead and ordered one. Seems a little pricey ($75 with shipping for the one I needed) but I didn't see a lot of options. I'd prefer a locking fuel door but never found one that would fit. The cap I ordered looks like it will fit fine though.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just put some Vasoline on the rubber dust shield, that will make it easier to apply on the bottom part of the filler neck.

Ken Camp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar VVT V6
Gas will surely hit $4 gallon this summer so a little deterrence like a locking gas cap might be a good idea. Once worked with a guy who bragged about all the fuel he would steal. Glad to say I no longer work with him.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Gas is pushing $ 5.00 per gallon in Cali
The closest station to me, for Regular gas is $4.39 if you pay cash

I bought a locking cover in 2016, for my Ram eco-diesel

Someone mentioned that the company folded, but they are sold everywhere

1643182228805.png

1643182298740.png

Last edited:

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Gas is pushing $ 5.00 per gallon in Cali
The closest station to me, for Regular gas is $4.39 if you pay cash
Taxes and more taxes for you on the west coast. Time to move. My son moved his family out of Southern California last year to Arizona. He is surprised how much more buying power he has now.

Gas around Michigan is running about $3.03 and diesel $3.49.

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Taxes and more taxes for you on the west coast. Time to move. My son moved his family out of Southern California last year to Arizona. He is surprised how much more buying power he has now.

around Michigan is running aok 9bout $3.03 and its

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Arizona is not that cheap anymore. California transplants are driving up home prices. Most are now priced out of buying a home and can't afford rent anymore. I'm glad I bought my house in 2005. They are also trying to turn Arizona into California.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Arizona is not that cheap anymore. California transplants are driving up home prices. Most are now priced out of buying a home and can't afford rent anymore. I'm glad I bought my house in 2005. They are also trying to turn Arizona into California.
Nobody wants to live in Michigan, we are losing people. Housing is affordable and we have all the water. You are welcome to join us as long as you can tolerate winter weather for a few months each year. Our spring, summers, and falls are simply fantastic.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have thought about moving
But the business that i am in is transportation

San Diego is a major sea port, as well as we also have a large volume of products coming in from Mexico

I have not done any jobs for 2 years due to medical issues,
But if the Doctors fix me up, i will be working again

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Gas will surely hit $4 gallon this summer so a little deterrence like a locking gas cap might be a good idea. Once worked with a guy who bragged about all the fuel he would steal. Glad to say I no longer work with him.
No one siphons gas anymore. I'm not even sure you can on our trucks. Most newer vehicles have plastic gas tanks. Gas thieves just punch a hole and drain what they can contain. Sucks even more now for us owners. Not only do you lose all the gas from your tank, but you then have to replace the tank because there's a hole in it.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Yea, I happened upon Geno's Garage soon after i bought the new 2019 3500 Laramie. I bought their locking caps for both the diesel and DEF

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
No one siphons gas anymore. I'm not even sure you can on our trucks. Most newer vehicles have plastic gas tanks. Gas thieves just punch a hole and drain what they can contain. Sucks even more now for us owners. Not only do you lose all the gas from your tank, but you then have to replace the tank because there's a hole in it.
Damn thieves...

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I not too worried about fuel thieves

I am more worried about vandals & little children
the vandals pour sugar or syrup into the tank & it ruins your engine
Little children that are just playing around put sand & toys into the fill tube

geomojo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortunately, I ordered one of these things ($75 with shipping) and it doesn't fit right (I did order the one that said that it was for my vehicle specs). Fair warning for anyone with a Ram 1500 2022. I followed the instructions and messed with it for about 10 minutes. I'm guessing something changed in the 2022 design and nobody has tested this yet. At best its a little decoration, but you can just pull thing thing off really easily. The "key" is also just a small wrench of sorts that turns a screw. Even if you could get the thing to lock right, you could just turn the key with some pliers. This was my first time ordering of Geno's garage and there were no ratings on this product. I'll see if there's a way to leave feedback and get a refund.

geomojo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is the one I ordered...

Item # GG-GASLC21
Description: FUEL FILLER LOCKING DUSTCAP - GAS ENGINES ONLY ('21-'22, RAM 1500 DT SERIES)

I tried to find it to post a link, but when I went to the order page and clicked on a link I got "Item "FUEL FILLER LOCKING DUSTCAP - GAS ENGINES ONLY ('21-'22, RAM 1500 DT SERIES)" could not be found". I'm wondering if they pulled the item. Anyway, thought I'd post the exact item # in case anyone trips across this.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn