New member from North Bay Ontario

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trapper1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys and girls, I ordered my first new truck ever. 2021 Ram Tradesman classic. I must say it's been a little stressfully as it has been almost six weeks and I haven't gotten any kind of confirmation other than the dealer saying it's been ordered. I'm really hoping the dealer doesn't wait till they have more orders. Who knows ? All I am told is they will update me when they are updated. Anyway thanks for adding me.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome! I read on here of a chip shortage, so that maybe some of the delay.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
:welcome:

OP
OP
T

Trapper1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks y'all! I am so excited for this truck. At my age , getting a regular cab short box 4x4 with the hemi, is well, awesome.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Welcome to RamForum.

noodles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hey guys and girls, I ordered my first new truck ever. 2021 Ram Tradesman classic. I must say it's been a little stressfully as it has been almost six weeks and I haven't gotten any kind of confirmation other than the dealer saying it's been ordered. I'm really hoping the dealer doesn't wait till they have more orders. Who knows ? All I am told is they will update me when they are updated. Anyway thanks for adding me.

Welcome to the club! :)

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Welcome

Regular Cab Rams are built down in Saltillo Mexico, not up in Michigan
If your Ram is not affected by the chip shortage, you can figure that it will be about 12 weeks or a bit more from the order date to delivery

Hopefully your Ram order has already gone through the Assembly Line & won't be affected by what is going on

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Trapper1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome

Regular Cab Rams are built down in Saltillo Mexico, not up in Michigan
If your Ram is not affected by the chip shortage, you can figure that it will be about 12 weeks or a bit more from the order date to delivery
Thanks for this . The dealer won't say anything but Covid. I don't know ifchip shortage is issue( bare bones hemi and tow pack )

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Hopefully, some USA & Canadian companies will ramp up production of microchips soon

Last Friday, this was announced

• Stellantis will temporarily close five North American plants starting next week through early- or mid-April due to an ongoing semiconductor chip shortage.
  • The impacted plants are in Illinois, Michigan, Mexico and two in Ontario, Canada. They build an array of products for the company.
  • Semiconductors are key components used in the infotainment, power steering and braking of new vehicles, among other systems.
Vehicles impacted by Stellantis’ production halts include the Chrysler 300 sedan and Pacifica and Voyager minivans, Dodge Charger and Challenger cars, Jeep Cherokee and Compass SUVs and Ram 1500 Classic pickup.
A newer version of the Ram 1500 remains in production at a different Michigan plant.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Trapper1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hopefully, some USA & Canadian companies will ramp up production of microchips soon

Last Friday, this was announced

• Stellantis will temporarily close five North American plants starting next week through early- or mid-April due to an ongoing semiconductor chip shortage.
  • The impacted plants are in Illinois, Michigan, Mexico and two in Ontario, Canada. They build an array of products for the company.
  • Semiconductors are key components used in the infotainment, power steering and braking of new vehicles, among other systems.
Vehicles impacted by Stellantis’ production halts include the Chrysler 300 sedan and Pacifica and Voyager minivans, Dodge Charger and Challenger cars, Jeep Cherokee and Compass SUVs and Ram 1500 Classic pickup.
A newer version of the Ram 1500 remains in production at a different Michigan plant.
Thanks, I was afraid of this .

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Try asking your salesman, if they can find out what the Status Code is for your Ram
They can look it up, sometimes the dealers refuse to let the buyer know, or they are too damn lazy to look it up

The 2 codes that you would like to see... JB & KZ right now & KZX in a few weeks
Here are the Status Codes

Build codes.
Unscheduled:
BA – order entered in system by dealer
BB – fleet order only – review by bid department
BD – special equipment processing
BE – edit error – coding error which must be corrected before order can be scheduled
BG – order has passed edit but cannot be scheduled regardless of sold status
BX – good order available for scheduling

Reason Codes:
F – Finance hold – automatic cancellation after 15 days
B – Model or option build out. Your order exists but isn't fully confirmed yet. Plant doesn't know about it yet. Systems are checking the order to ensure it's valid in terms of sales codes.
L – Material restriction
M – Material hold (fleet)
ZA – canceled order

Scheduled:
C – Tentative schedule. Your order is "subfirm". The plant can see the order at this point but it's not fully committed to building as the supplier may or may not be able to get parts to the plant to build the vehicle.
D – Firm schedule: serial number assigned. Firm order. Your order now has a name instead of a number:
D1 – Gate line: unit sequenced for production, est. ship date assigned.
The date is set for your truck to be built. The plant knows when it should have parts sequenced for building and it should start to be built within 48 hours of the date set.
D2 - It's going to be built. The computers are being programmed, materials are being sequenced, framing is about to occur.

Build:
E – Framing. Metal is welded together to form the body and frame. The body is inspected at the end of this step to ensure it's within tolerances.
F – Paint. The metal is coated, primed, sprayed, clearcoated, polished, inspected, and hand finished if necessary.
G – Trim. The engine is installed in the chassis, the interior is installed, the chassis is mated to the body, the bed is put on. At the end of this, your new vehicle is built.

Built:
I – unit built, pending final inspection. Your vehicle goes through a battery of shakedown tests and measurements are taken to ensure the vehicle looks and performs as expected.
J – Vehicle passed final inspection but not released to carrier
Get your Build Sheet here: https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing
JB – shipped to body vendor. JB/KZP-The vehicle is sent off site to have a spray liner put in, steps, etc.
JE – shipped to emissions
JJ – consigned to body vendor
JS – shipped to storage
KZ – released by plant and invoiced. The truck is ready to be shipped. The dealer is actually charged for the truck. As you all know, this can be a source of delay. Typically you see two statuses here: Awaiting Shipment and "Staged for Shipment".

You can get your (Monroney) window sticker here (add your VIN to the end) once it's KZ-L or KZ-M: https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=

Traffic Codes:
KZ L – released but not shipped
KZ M – first rail departure
KZ N – first rail arrival
KZ O – delayed/received
KZ OA – plant hold, quality audit
KZ OB – zone, dealer, sales, vehicle prep, tax, diversion or derailment hold, dealer refusal, vehicle diverted
KZ OC – carrier delay, strike-bound, emission or safety hold, rail car shortage, bad or insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest error
KZ OD – mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle in repair, lacking parts or storage hold
KZ OE – misdropped or misshipped vehicle
KZ OF – shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle, test info code, vessel sailed
KZ OG – damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction
KZ OH – all other “O” type carrier codes
KZ T – second rail departure
KZ U – second rail arrival
KZ X – delivered to dealer
KZ Y1 – major damage – must not be sold as new
KZ Y2 – major damage – vehicle sold at auction

KZX - Delivered to your dealer!

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Trapper1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks GTyankee, being Canadian, these resources are not available to me. I can only wait till my dealer calls and says it's ready. I didn't even get a COP sheet. Not sure if I'm supposed to. First time I ordered a truck new. Great information thanks.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Your dealership can get you those Status Codes, even if you are in Canada
They just have to want to do it for you

El_Lobo_Gris1500C

Reaction score
I just went through the whole trying to find out where my truck is (on route to the lot from the factory in Mexico) with the dealer, and they did NOT want to put in the work to find out where it was in transit until I threatened to cancel the deal for real and go to another dealer who had the truck I want on the lot lol. So don't hold your breath, all that info previous is great, but when a sales guy or dealership doesn't care or want to find out for you, you won't get anywhere.

As far as the semi-conductor shortage goes, what an opportunity this is for a North American or other country based business that produces or makes semi-conductors to jump at this opportunity to provide the parts needed to virtually every auto maker in the world right now.

This COULD be the next apple type opportunity to provide something that is in high demand and worth more than gold at the moment.

If only I knew the companies that were poised to step in and provide these to the auto makers, I would invest money in them now, before their stocks skyrocket. All I need is that knowledge, and um, money to invest with lol!!!

OP
OP
T

Trapper1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's been almost 7 weeks and I have not gotten a single update from the dealer. I called last week and was told I will get updated when the dealer gets updated. Another 5 weeks and I can legally cancel this contract and go to a different dealer. Not what I want to do , but this dealers customer service really sucks. Out of curiosity , when did you order and receive a VIN?