New player in the Game

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Belltech is making coilovers and struts for 4 & 6 inch lifted trucks. I am really excited about the price points they backed them with and even more excited how the 5th gens are getting so much love from the aftermarket. Belltech has been a staple in the lowered truck world for so long. They’re r&d department is always spot on so I will report once I have a set installed. The 4th gen guys have been dealing with slim pickings for far too long.

If you’re looking to do anything from belltech they offer full lift kits. You will not regret reaching out to @Nick@GotExhaust not only is he a pleasure to do work with, you will also be supporting this forum where you will learn valuable information about your truck.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You didnt mention, but are they still just doing 2wd stuff?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice ! When my 6112s **** the bed in a few years Ill be getting these.

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
This is interesting!

I was confused at first on how they can offer a 4-inch coil-over without other components to correct the geometry. The webpage for the coil-overs https://www.belltech.com/products/b...ht-adjustable-lifting-coilover-kit-15205.html is confusing as the descriptor states "Our kit delivers differing height ranges based on your vehicle, with 3.5" to 4" for 4WD and 4.5" to 5" for 2WD" which, to me, is stating that this is the kit to accomplish that (obviously, this cannot be the complete kit so hence the confusion).

But looking at the installation instructions, you find this gem of a note:

"This coilover kit was designed to be used with Belltech lift kit number 153711. It cannot be used alone to achieve a 3.5” to 5” lift. It may be used on a vehicle that has been lifted 3.5” to 5” using another brand. However, Belltech has not tested cross-compatibility with other brands and cannot speak to how well each will work together."

I tried researching the Belltech 153711 kit that was referenced but nothing is offered yet. I am really excited as it looks like the Belltech coil-overs can be used with the BDS 4-inch lift by replacing the spacers for the Belltech 4-inch coil-overs which is the exact concept that I have been discussing @Nick@GotExhaust on but I was waiting on the Fox 2.5s specifically for the BDS 4-inch system. Now I don't know if it might be better to wait for the complete Belltech 4-inch lift to come out since all of their components would have been designed and tested for working together.

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
This is interesting!

I was confused at first on how they can offer a 4-inch coil-over without other components to correct the geometry. The webpage for the coil-overs https://www.belltech.com/products/b...ht-adjustable-lifting-coilover-kit-15205.html is confusing as the descriptor states "Our kit delivers differing height ranges based on your vehicle, with 3.5" to 4" for 4WD and 4.5" to 5" for 2WD" which, to me, is stating that this is the kit to accomplish that (obviously, this cannot be the complete kit so hence the confusion).

But looking at the installation instructions, you find this gem of a note:

"This coilover kit was designed to be used with Belltech lift kit number 153711. It cannot be used alone to achieve a 3.5” to 5” lift. It may be used on a vehicle that has been lifted 3.5” to 5” using another brand. However, Belltech has not tested cross-compatibility with other brands and cannot speak to how well each will work together."

I tried researching the Belltech 153711 kit that was referenced but nothing is offered yet. I am really excited as it looks like the Belltech coil-overs can be used with the BDS 4-inch lift by replacing the spacers for the Belltech 4-inch coil-overs which is the exact concept that I have been discussing @Nick@GotExhaust on but I was waiting on the Fox 2.5s specifically for the BDS 4-inch system. Now I don't know if it might be better to wait for the complete Belltech 4-inch lift to come out since all of their components would have been designed and tested for working together.
Icon is now offering coil overs for lifted applications as well. I am loving the aftermarket support growing. @Nick@GotExhaust is the man with making sure you get the right stuff.

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Icon is now offering coil overs for lifted applications as well. I am loving the aftermarket support growing. @Nick@GotExhaust is the man with making sure you get the right stuff.
Absolutely going through Nick, he has been most responsive every time I ping him! :)

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Any feedback on these things? I'm nearing a redo on my truck as im nearing 200k and I'm thinking of going back to a bit of a simpler strut vs coilovers since the truck doesn't play much anymore.

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Any feedback on these things? I'm nearing a redo on my truck as im nearing 200k and I'm thinking of going back to a bit of a simpler strut vs coilovers since the truck doesn't play much anymore.
They’re a great option for the simple strut option

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
They’re a great option for the simple strut option
Its between these and OME if I can sort out what springs I actually need for my Ecodiesel up front. Icons have 25-30k on them ( i have to check my thread ) and are likely ready for a rebuild. I'd love to have em freshened up and add the 2.5s out back but that's an awfully expensive setup for smashing pavement.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Its between these and OME if I can sort out what springs I actually need for my Ecodiesel up front. Icons have 25-30k on them ( i have to check my thread ) and are likely ready for a rebuild. I'd love to have em freshened up and add the 2.5s out back but that's an awfully expensive setup for smashing pavement.
I’m working on being a rebuild station not that helps you know. The idea is to rebuild fox, king and icon but still in the early stages

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I’m working on being a rebuild station not that helps you know. The idea is to rebuild fox, king and icon but still in the early stages
Actually that is huge! I just dug through my thread and am just under 25k on these icons. Per their site I should be good till around/at least 40k with my "street" use. Shipping for rebuild was always a deal killer for me, but when you get up and running for rebuilds that changes everything! I've been considering going back to a "throw away" setup primarily to avoid rebuild issues. This changes everything.

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
That’s awesome! It will be a while before I need to do mine, but I definitely know where I’ll be bringing my truck when it’s time.

Attachments

• 51CBDBDF-B794-4731-9B49-93BD0A30A02A.jpeg
    51CBDBDF-B794-4731-9B49-93BD0A30A02A.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 49F451C0-A62A-4F5D-BFE7-D6B8C1855996.jpeg
    49F451C0-A62A-4F5D-BFE7-D6B8C1855996.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 9

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
That’s awesome! It will be a while before I need to do mine, but I definitely know where I’ll be bringing my truck when it’s time.
Put those Kings away show off!!!!

Joking aside im thinking some icon 2.5 rears might be in order since I can Get them fixxed up now.

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
Put those Kings away show off!!!!

Joking aside im thinking some icon 2.5 rears might be in order since I can Get them fixxed up now.
Those pic’s are from Quick_Shifter’s shop & work done by him, the only mechanic I trust with my truck

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Those pic’s are from Quick_Shifter’s shop & work done by him, the only mechanic I trust with my truck
I remember when you were up there giving you rig the goodies and attention. Hopefully this year gets busy so I can catch up on some much needed tlc and upgrades.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio