New Ram orders, when, where and share what you know

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Splattered23

Reaction score
I'm scouring the area looking for 21/22 rebels, 22 Laramie w Southwest package, and also trying to find Big Horn with the Back Country package. I can't seem to find the Big Horn Back Country anywhere including using the Ramtucks vehicle locator??? Is that a mythical unicorn that doesn't really exist? haha

txcharlie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So what was the timeline? Mine has been at D status for about 10 days. Im hoping i have it by April or at least beginning of April.
Ordered Dec 7th. I think I got lucky with my build combo. I meant to order wheel to wheel side steps but didn't and they are on national back order, so I dodged a bullet, there.

Chas0218

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ordered Dec 7th. I think I got lucky with my build combo. I meant to order wheel to wheel side steps but didn't and they are on national back order, so I dodged a bullet, there.
Wow so only about 6.5 weeks, that's about what the other guy earlier in the thread had for his. Do you know about how many weeks it was until you got D1 status? I'll be super happy if i see the truck in your timeline. Of course mine is only a bighorn

Chas0218

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So i got a vin the day they ordered my truck which was the next day after stopping at the dealership. Attached is the build sheet, it went into D status the day they finalized the order. Does that make sense for the process?

Attachments

• 20220128_165858.jpg
    20220128_165858.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 17

ChaosMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I saw D1 status in early/mid December after ordering it in early October. Saw D1 then next thing I knew paint, done and then railway yard jail for 3 weeks lol

Chas0218

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I saw D1 status in early/mid December after ordering it in early October. Saw D1 then next thing I knew paint, done and then railway yard jail for 3 weeks lol
So it sounds like 3-4 weeks between D status and D1 is the normal right now

snthor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodeisel
Beautiful!

Hi Everyone. New to the Forum and have been reading much in the background. Thought I’d share my timeline to date.

On order is a 1500 Limited 10th Anniversary. Trailer package, patriot blue, ecodiesel engine, limited level 1 equipment group, and 33 gal gas tank. Yes has the dual sunroof as well—lots of chips I suppose.

Timeline to date:

12/15/21 — order placed
12/29/21 — email from RAM with VIN
1/25/22 — Truck built at Stellantis and build sheet available within 24 hrs
1/27/22 — Window Sticker available
1/28/22 — Had dealer check and should arrive at dealer in next two weeks

UPDATE:

2/4/22 — FCA reporting ETA to dealer 2/8 - 2/24 now. Delay of up to 9 days. No explanation

Last edited:

Khalifa45

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 1500 Backcountry
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm scouring the area looking for 21/22 rebels, 22 Laramie w Southwest package, and also trying to find Big Horn with the Back Country package. I can't seem to find the Big Horn Back Country anywhere including using the Ramtucks vehicle locator??? Is that a mythical unicorn that doesn't really exist? haha
I ordered one in Oct. They built it and shipped to a train parking zone on Nov 29. It's still there and is going back to the factory for some reason. So I ordered another one on 1/13. It's in D status as we speak. BackCountry package.

DebH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Look like we ordered the same truck, me a few weeks before you. Will be interesting to see which shows up first based on options ordered.
I contacted RamChat yesterday and they said all of the parts have been gathered for my build. That was the only info they shared.

txcharlie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow so only about 6.5 weeks, that's about what the other guy earlier in the thread had for his. Do you know about how many weeks it was until you got D1 status? I'll be super happy if i see the truck in your timeline. Of course mine is only a bighorn
I got the VON the day it was ordered on 12-7 and the VIN on 12-18. Build date was 1-15. It was delivered to me yesterday. I will get a few pics today.

Ajislas96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO Cummins
Got my Vin on December 12th. Since the. Nothing has changed. The sales rep said there’s been a supply shortage of ASIN transmission. That’s why it’s taking so long. He said first week of March. It should be built

Attachments

• 0A717F63-D194-4875-B240-EF647293867A.png
    0A717F63-D194-4875-B240-EF647293867A.png
    259 KB · Views: 10

Jeffs1973

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
So say your gonna order a truck....where would you order from? Local dealers best I could find was $500 off msrp....was kinda hoping for a little more...Located in northern wisconsin but will fly/drive home if its worth it....truck will be a tradesman work truck with a couple options.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So say your gonna order a truck....where would you order from? Local dealers best I could find was $500 off msrp....was kinda hoping for a little more...Located in northern wisconsin but will fly/drive home if its worth it....truck will be a tradesman work truck with a couple options.

Save yourself the time and hassle, Mark Dodge in Lake Charles Louisiana. Just email them your build and they will give you a quote, a lot of members here and a ton over on another 5th gen specific ram forum have ordered from them with great results. If you want to know further, just look for that other 5th gen ram forum if you aren't a member already, there is a Mark Dodge specific thread over there.

Never hurts to mention you saw their name on the forums, but generally they quote below invoice (yes invoice, not msrp).

WHUFF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L eTorque
Does anyone know what the status "KZP" would be in the list of status codes? Got that status today with description "Delayed" and ETA "TBD". I'm hoping its just due to the big winter storm, maybe?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
CHAS0218
You should read the top of that page again
what you posted is the Priced Order Confirmation

You usually receive that within a week of starting to place your order.

Another thing that i noticed is at the very bottom of that page
It looks like a priority 01
( it may be a misprint )

Customer factory orders are priority 99

so i think that what you are going to receive is a Dealership order, that happens to be what you wanted or close to it,
That may be a good thing, it may already be in transit

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Whuff
KZPmeans
Shipped from a vendor lot / storage.

so the Body Vendor has finished adding everything they had to
Likely it will be sent to another lot for Final Inspection & it is on hold, until they can load it on the train

WHUFF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L eTorque
Whuff
KZPmeans
Shipped from a vendor lot / storage.

so the Body Vendor has finished adding everything they had to
Likely it will be sent to another lot for Final Inspection & it is on hold, until they can load it on the train
Thanks Sir. Appreciate the input.