New Tailgate Badge from Billet Badges Inc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gotjeepomaha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Debadged my tailgate, but had to have this one, "Beast". Appropriate for my 392 Hemi Ram 2500. Picked up from Billet Badges Inc, just came across them searching for Ram replacement emblems.

tailgate_badge.jpg

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That site is awesome... wish I didnt just see it!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Anonymous007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Debadged my tailgate, but had to have this one, "Beast". Appropriate for my 392 Hemi Ram 2500. Picked up from Billet Badges Inc, just came across them searching for Ram replacement emblems.

View attachment 216075

Man that is a cool mod! How easy/hard is it to seitch that emblem out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
How easy/hard is it to seitch that emblem out?
Using fishing line it's not that hard to remove the tailgate Ram head emblem. There is two alignment pins so you have to work your way around from the edges inward.

BubbaJo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
that is cool but unsure about spending $120 for an emblem when i work in the auto industry and know how little the OEM's actually cost lol

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
My quote priced out at $200, no thanks.
Got a wireless Boscam backup camera for $99 instead.

Wes Veness

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 SLT Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well i think it's damn cool regardless of cost. Bottom line is it's unique makes the truck look cool. If your happy price matters not!
100%... Anything that you think your truck looks better than before is always worth the money. Look at a truck lift, up here in Canada can be $4000 for the lift if you don't know how to do it yourself or don't want to void the warranty. Then another $2500 for new tires, $1500 for new rims. A $100 fro a badge is a drop in the bucket.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That site is awesome... wish I didnt just see it!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Honestly, that site sucks. It has maybe 10 badges listed for sale.

If you want to see a killer custom badge company, check out www.MainEventEmblems.com . They have like 400+ designs listed in their store plus you can have any custom design made.

I had a custom made badge from them about 3 years ago for my mesh metal grille. It was amazing quality and I recommend this company.

SoCalDirtNSnow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
I was originally going to go with a Billet Badges replacement tailgate badge. But while deciding on what I want I stumbled upon Main Event Emblems. They just happened to have a sale in what I wanted for about half the price and lead time (even though they are local to me) of BB. So I jumped on it.

Disclaimer - I dont know what the same badge would look like from BB. But I was a little disappointed by what I got from MEE.
I got the Border tailgate badge. Black border with gray background. (Note this gunmetal (gray) does not match the Ram Granite Crystal Metallic.)

I was unhappy with the construction of it. I was thinking it was going to be machined from one piece. Instead it is 2 pieces - border and the background that are glued together. Which is how, I assume, they are able to get two different powder coats colors.

The problem is they only powdercoat the top surface. So you see the rough edges of the sides and back. The back I'm not worried about. It's the unfinished sides that I hate. It looks cheap. If it was thicker than i probably wouldn't have put it on. But since each layer is thin it's hard to notice the sides/construction unless you get real close.
The other problem is a tiny bit of the glue seeped to the inside of the badge. Hardly noticeable but I thought added to the cheap look. Granted I did pay almost half of a BB badge. You get what you pay for. If I had to do it all over again I would have just bought the BB badge.
I have pics but apparently it has to be a hosted pic. So I may eventually post pics if people are really interested.

Thanks for those who posted other options.

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
That sucks about the MEE badges. They have some cool designs and I haven't seen anybody in my local area with them. I was interested in them making a custom front and rear set for me but I just spent like $120 for the Mopar black badges.

If you have pics on your computer, you can post them using the "Upload a File" button next to the "Post Reply" button on the bottom of the reply window. I'm interested to see your badges as MEE seems like high quality stuff.

SoCalDirtNSnow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
Figured it out. When I tried to post before all my pics were greyed out so I thought I couldn't post them.

I took these last year and never looked at them. Apparently I didnt get good shots of it. Bit hopefully this helps.

I believe this is probably only an issue for this type of badge (two layered). The one piece badges may not be an issue. But, my feeling is, if all those flaws passed their quality check (you get a paper that indicates which person inspected it) then I'm not sure the 1-piece badges will be much better.

I've seen 1 BB badge in person and it was legit. Looked solid and crafted with pride. I'm not knocking MEE. Things happen. But I was hesitant to put it on my truck.

20190608_071127.jpg
Glue visible on left side

20190608_071245.jpg
Bubbles in the powdercoat on the black border. There are bubbles on the left side as well.

20190608_070841.jpg
Not a good picture but this shows the edges. You can see the black border layer and the unfinished grey sides of the bottom (background) layer.

20190608_070859.jpg
This shows the edges

20190608_071134.jpg

Last edited:

SoCalDirtNSnow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
Here's a pic of why I bought this type of badge - so I could put whatever smaller emblem I wanted in the middle.
Thinking the badge was going to be thicker I was planning on adding a ferrous metal layer to the back. Then putting magnets on the small emblems I put on the badge itself. This way I can change the emblem to the corresponding season or whoever was playing that day.

The longhorn emblem is crooked because I just temporarily stuck it to the badge to get a sense as to how it would look. I was originally going to go with a black emblem. But since I had this one handy that's what I have on it now.

If having only 1 powdercoat color meant it would be one piece I would have gladly accepted it in all black. Especially now that I know the grey doesn't match. I thought the difference in the grey wouldn't be noticeable. But to me it is.

20190530_174528.jpg

Last edited:

Anonymous007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Honestly, that site sucks. It has maybe 10 badges listed for sale.

If you want to see a killer custom badge company, check out www.MainEventEmblems.com . They have like 400+ designs listed in their store plus you can have any custom design made.

I had a custom made badge from them about 3 years ago for my mesh metal grille. It was amazing quality and I recommend this company.

Thanks for sharing this. Theres some pretty cool designs. Im thinking about getting these for front and back

118737ccd314dc52b5dca1b3fe5a1037.jpg

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks for sharing this. Theres some pretty cool designs. Im thinking about getting these for front and back

118737ccd314dc52b5dca1b3fe5a1037.jpg

Your welcome... it seems SoCal had a bad experience, which I am sure if he had messaged them, they would have gladly corrected. I just know from my own personal experience that the badge I got was insanely nice. Here are some pics of it. At the time I ordered this, it was one of a kind and custom made just for me. Now, it is sold as a regular design on their site and hundreds of RAM owners have this font/style badge.

ad79c2f6632ecb6d3308db179d13ecdf.jpg
cbcfd278052baeb71552b39b60f888f9.jpg
4de7fc2a9727623db7970ce0b6f5867f.jpg
9fa44c335aff53ce7befc2b589941288.jpg
378737a1afccc54e634c7ee2dfbfe54e.jpg
fe326fe01cb853dea270f6285b03ea83.jpg

Anonymous007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your welcome... it seems SoCal had a bad experience, which I am sure if he had messaged them, they would have gladly corrected. I just know from my own personal experience that the badge I got was insanely nice. Here are some pics of it. At the time I ordered this, it was one of a kind and custom made just for me. Now, it is sold as a regular design on their site and hundreds of RAM owners have this font/style badge.

ad79c2f6632ecb6d3308db179d13ecdf.jpg
cbcfd278052baeb71552b39b60f888f9.jpg
4de7fc2a9727623db7970ce0b6f5867f.jpg
9fa44c335aff53ce7befc2b589941288.jpg
378737a1afccc54e634c7ee2dfbfe54e.jpg
fe326fe01cb853dea270f6285b03ea83.jpg

Looks sick!!!!

SoCalDirtNSnow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
Just to be clear - I'm sure they put out some good products. They've got some cool/innovative designs. Otherwise they wouldn't have much business - theoretically. And I'm sure they're great guys. Probably doesn't happen often. But they missed the mark on this one. So I'm not happy. But there's no ill will. Just want people to be aware of my experience.

I was looking to buy quite a few more things until I got my item. Other than the item itself the experience was good. Well except the search/filter functions on the website were terrible. But they're a small business so I'm not expecting much.

The problem I have is I shouldn't have to reach out to them. As I indicated my item came with one of those "inspected by" papers. So obviously the quality of the item they sent out meets their criteria. If what I got is ok by their standards - Why would I believe they would want to "correct it" when they dont think something was wrong to begin with. The message to me is : it's not worth eating the cost or adding a delay to make it right. It's kinda like the joke we had in construction when something wasn't made to expectation: I can't see that (the flaw) from my house. I can't get with that business philosophy.

I figured I'm out $XX and I would just put the badge on until I got around to ordering one from another vendor.

Also, there's a review on that specific item on the website that IIRC expressed disappointment in their item as well. So I imagine it's unique to that item. Unless the other badges are two layered. Then I see similar issues for those items as well.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just to be clear - I'm sure they put out some good products. They've got some cool/innovative designs. Otherwise they wouldn't have much business - theoretically. And I'm sure they're great guys. Probably doesn't happen often. But they missed the mark on this one. So I'm not happy. But there's no ill will. Just want people to be aware of my experience.

I was looking to buy quite a few more things until I got my item. Other than the item itself the experience was good. Well except the search/filter functions on the website were terrible. But they're a small business so I'm not expecting much.

The problem I have is I shouldn't have to reach out to them. As I indicated my item came with one of those "inspected by" papers. So obviously the quality of the item they sent out meets their criteria. If what I got is ok by their standards - Why would I believe they would want to "correct it" when they dont think something was wrong to begin with. The message to me is : it's not worth eating the cost or adding a delay to make it right. It's kinda like the joke we had in construction when something wasn't made to expectation: I can't see that (the flaw) from my house. I can't get with that business philosophy.

I figured I'm out $XX and I would just put the badge on until I got around to ordering one from another vendor.

Also, there's a review on that specific item on the website that IIRC expressed disappointment in their item as well. So I imagine it's unique to that item. Unless the other badges are two layered. Then I see similar issues for those items as well.

See, you won’t even give them the chance to correct the issue. You just assume you are out the money and have a defective item.

I can’t believe people still think like this. Let’s put the company aside and just talk in general here. You bought a product and you are not happy. So instead of trying to reach out to them to maybe get a refund, and kee the badge, or get a replacement sent out, you would rather sit on a online forum and ***** and complain about the company.

Look I understand they messed up the badge. I understand it had an “inspected by” paper, but who is to say they didn’t just hire some 18yr old kid for that inspection job at minimum wage and he doesn’t care and has already been fired. I’m just theorizing here but my point is, I am sure people there care that you are unhappy. I run 2 businesses with physical products and I would be extremely upset if I found out a customer was mad about one of my products and didn’t even reach out to let me try to correct the issue with a full refund or a new product.

If you refuse to even contact them about the issue then you obviously don’t care enough about what’s wrong with it, anyone who was seriously that upset would want their money back. You sound like you are just looking for reasons to bash businesses and I’m guessing this isn’t the first time you’ve done this online.

Rebelrouser

Reaction score
Ram Year
'22 Ram 1500 GT
Engine
Hemi 5.7
See, you won’t even give them the chance to correct the issue. You just assume you are out the money and have a defective item.

I can’t believe people still think like this. Let’s put the company aside and just talk in general here. You bought a product and you are not happy. So instead of trying to reach out to them to maybe get a refund, and kee the badge, or get a replacement sent out, you would rather sit on a online forum and ***** and complain about the company.

Look I understand they messed up the badge. I understand it had an “inspected by” paper, but who is to say they didn’t just hire some 18yr old kid for that inspection job at minimum wage and he doesn’t care and has already been fired. I’m just theorizing here but my point is, I am sure people there care that you are unhappy. I run 2 businesses with physical products and I would be extremely upset if I found out a customer was mad about one of my products and didn’t even reach out to let me try to correct the issue with a full refund or a new product.

If you refuse to even contact them about the issue then you obviously don’t care enough about what’s wrong with it, anyone who was seriously that upset would want their money back. You sound like you are just looking for reasons to bash businesses and I’m guessing this isn’t the first time you’ve done this online.

Bingo!!