New tires search

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Commander 06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok so I'm looking into getting new tires looking for the best all around tire for DD/ weekend off roader. I have ran general grabbers AT2 on the last 3 vehicle. But they discontinued them.. general now have the ATX which are supposed to be better then the AT2. My concern is the the tire review I have seen on these new ATX say they wear out fast if you tow heavy loads. I do tow a boat not to heavy but still a concern.. also looking into the Micky Thompson ATX p3. Still concerned with towing preference. Both general ATX and mickey ATZ are rated 50k tread life and price between the two is not much $30 a tire more for mickeys I believe .. anyone have experience with either or both general grabbers ATX or mickey thompson ATZ P3

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok so I'm looking into getting new tires looking for the best all around tire for DD/ weekend off roader. I have ran general grabbers AT2 on the last 3 vehicle. But they discontinued them.. general now have the ATX which are supposed to be better then the AT2. My concern is the the tire review I have seen on these new ATX say they wear out fast if you tow heavy loads. I do tow a boat not to heavy but still a concern.. also looking into the Micky Thompson ATX p3. Still concerned with towing preference. Both general ATX and mickey ATZ are rated 50k tread life and price between the two is not much $30 a tire more for mickeys I believe .. anyone have experience with either or both general grabbers ATX or mickey thompson ATZ P3
I have the goodyear wrangler adventure all terrain with kevlar never had any issues with them and no road noise

20210111_132449.jpg

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have the goodyear wrangler adventure all terrain with kevlar never had any issues with them and no road noise

View attachment 235064

These came on my wife’s Grand Cherokee .... So far they are good .... They replaced the Silent Armour .... Had those on my Ram and they were great .... Don’t like a lot of Goodyear stuff, but these are good !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Commander 06

Commander 06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm looking for something a bit more aggressive. I work in construction and when it rains it gets muddy and depending on location it's sometimes clay. Those Goodyear's would most likely get clogged with clay

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Nitto and Toyo some of the best ....

OP
OP
Commander 06

Commander 06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’d snag an RT then ....

Yes an R/T tire would work I have looked at some toyos and **** cepek make some really good R/T tires.. and not much different between R/T and aggressive A/T tire between those option it would come down to tread life and price

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I got 55k out of my Toyo ATII Extremes .... They have been great

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 K&N Cold Air Intake.

Falken wildpeak at3

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Falken wildpeak at3

DITTO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These are "5" ply, C rated, they also make em in "E" rated 10 ply, if U need that much capacity, I do not, as my Trailer and Hay be in the 6-7K area, and I do not tow far. 4 mounted, etc, warranty, $836 out the door at RAM.

New tire on truck.jpg New tires left side truck.jpg

Princeton_Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm looking for something a bit more aggressive. I work in construction and when it rains it gets muddy and depending on location it's sometimes clay. Those Goodyear's would most likely get clogged with clay

I can highly recommend Cooper STT Pros.

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 K&N Cold Air Intake.
Is this the thread where we all check in and announce what tire we're presently running that OP didn't ask about?! :dogpile:

not necessarily. I was a huge general grabber at2 fan and put a couple sets on my previous truck until they changed the tread pattern. I had the falken wildpeaks on the certified ram I purchased a couple years ago and really like the look and tread wear. Wound up putting on a second set and replaced the crappy Goodyear’s on my wife’s ram that come stock with a set of the falkens also. On her previous Nissan Frontier truck she was a huge cooper discoverer fan until I put these on her ram. She noticed a huge difference between the falkens and the coopers. And we saved money with the falkens.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Commander 06

Commander 06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hven been searching and researching on tire rack and other site about a lot of the tires mention on here most of which would be good but still just looking between general grabbers and mickey thompson the biggest question is on towing tred life cuz they both offer 50k tred warranty but that's day to day street driving not so much towing.. granted the only thing I really tow is a 21' boat during summer not much else really.. and boat ramps can get slick need so looking for the better option between general grabbers ATX and mickey thompson ATZ P3

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
Toy Open Country MTs or RTs, I'm running MTs and the road noise isn't too bad on them for a mud tire. They also Grab very well in all conditions I've put them in so far. Tread life is good for a softer rubber tire and they don't get caked up in the mud. Highly recommend them.

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
If you dont want the super aggressive Mud Terrains the RTs are a really good runner up from what I've heard.