New to me 2018 Power Wagon. Spend my money!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Spending a few nights at the cabin with the little ones. I’ll see what else I need to do to the wagon while the kiddos sleep. #internetsurfing. Thinking of he underhood light, and s & b cai, and new shocks. Might wait a bit on the shocks till I pick the front up a bit. I need a new garage so it’ll fit. Any higher in the front and it won’t.

042087E2-E3DA-41AB-858C-3086206C0D55.jpeg

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I created a separate thread for this but if you power wagon guys have any input on my question feel free to chime in...……..

If this has been asked please point me to the thread so I don't waste anyone's time here. I'm coming from a 16 Silverado and purchased an 18 Power Wagon. I couldn't be happier. I previously owned a 2011 sport and a 2004 Dakota. I'm no stranger to Dodge. Anyways one thing I do miss is my HID's and LED fogs on the Silverado, not necessarily because of the overall brightness of the light but more so the color of the light. The fogs were rpetty awesome though. Can anyone recommend some good options that won't break the bank. If there's some halogens that'll give me the white look of the led's or hid's I'm totally game for that. I'm currently ok with the brightness of my stock setup. I just don't want to be messing with resistors etc. Plug and play please.

Thanks everyone!

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
The AEV Procal allows for....
  • Turn fog lights with high beams on/off (off-road use only)
I use this feature not because of the overall brightness of the light, but more so due to it lights up the sides of the road much better than just having the brights on. Out here on the Colorado Plateau (think Moab) it is in a region of North America with no artificial light. It can get really, really dark with Moab as the only distant glow out on the horizon of I-70 in Utah. With the 80 MPH speed limits and up to 140 pound pronghorns which can run at a top speed of 61 MPH they can approach the truck at a combined speed of nearly 140 MPH. It makes for one hell of a ****** destructive mess to hit one. Seen that happen to and destroy a pickup truck traveling just in front of mine out in Wyoming.

image.jpeg

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I probably have you beat there. I'm in Minnesota on the Canadian border right in the middle. pretty dark there. hahaha

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sweet cabin man!!!!

Heat it with electric while your not there?

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not usually. Pretty expensive heat. It’s nice when you e had too many drinks and let the fire go out. Haha

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well I did have so many last winter I forgot how to play cribbage. Did a pretty good job then. lol. It's something I always wished I had growing up and I was fortunate enough to make it happen for my kids. I saved a lot of money by building it myself. I also sourced all the gray wood from my property. Old horse corral.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
oh it would get stuck for sure. I've no doubt about that. I think I'd have to have skinny 40's before it would have a chance.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
oh it would get stuck for sure. I've no doubt about that. I think I'd have to have skinny 40's before it would have a chance.
But it would give you a chance to work on your recovery skills. Haha

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
We'll see how many beers get drank during boys weekend next weekend. haha

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I did have so many last winter I forgot how to play cribbage. Did a pretty good job then. lol. It's something I always wished I had growing up and I was fortunate enough to make it happen for my kids. I saved a lot of money by building it myself. I also sourced all the gray wood from my property. Old horse corral.

I have always dreamed of a cabin/getaway of my (family’s) own. Had one when we were growing up... so frikin cool.

I noticed the dark wood... I instantly thought it would have been from an old barn or something like that. Very cool.

We'll see how many beers get drank during boys weekend next weekend. haha
My old man (65 now) and his buddys pound down 8-10 kegs on “opening day WEEK” at the hunting cabin LOL. If I could only keep up with that old duffer hahahahahha.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My old man is a pro too. I can’t hold a candle to him