Next Mod Ordered!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
my headers took about 6 weeks to get to me from moes. but it wasnt their fault. there was a delay at the JetHot coaters. because of the delay, Moes paid extra for the highest quality coating JetHot has (2400 degree).

Not that its an excuse, but its a reason why they're so slow. Its actually not a "they"... its a "he". Moes is a one man shop.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
my headers took about 6 weeks to get to me from moes. but it wasnt their fault. there was a delay at the JetHot coaters. because of the delay, Moes paid extra for the highest quality coating JetHot has (2400 degree).

Not that its an excuse, but its a reason why they're so slow. Its actually not a "they"... its a "he". Moes is a one man shop.

I realize that, and I have no problem with slow if there is a reason. Like I said it took a few weeks for my vararam, but they let me know right away and kept me informed. I just wish they kept people informed, as it seems like that is a recurring issue lately.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
I went a full month without a responce via paypal or their email contact or phone.... good luck with moes

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got a response from ctdreamin on dt. He is going to check on my order first thing tomorrow. Seems like he is the person to contact to find out anything with moe's

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
what moes needs is a full time assistant to handle only tracking orders and communicate with customers.

Honestly, if the website is set up correctly that would not be needed. Most sites have it set up so that as soon as anything changes on the order an email is sent out automatically. Shipping info can also be tied in to the automated system as well, I know that USPS, UPS, and FEDEX all can tie into companies web sites for this. Then only when delays occur would a specific message have to be sent out.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
what moes needs is a full time assistant to handle only tracking orders and communicate with customers.

Thats pretty much Shelby (CTDreamin)

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
No they need to say on their webpage a estimated shipping date or an out of stock message or an expect delays message. Summit has them, Jegs has them, hell most of the GOOD performance parts places have them. That way there are no suprises if the part has to be drop shipped from china or something or if you need the part asap you know that the part wont be shipped for a few weeks. You should not have to sign up or look up someone on a forum to find out whats going on with their company or your order, thats ******* rediculous.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Guys, Shelby and I have been talking about parts prices - so I let him know about this. Shoot him an email at [email protected] so he can look into the issues.

OP
OP
03MopaRamman

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Jeremy I went and had a look over there a while back but I totally agree with Ryans last statement and added earlier that perhaps Shelby should represent Moes on here, so if we got that kinda Support perhaps the Shopping Carts would start to fill up again.

So update on My next Mod ordered, My Cam has Cleared Customs so maybe 2 more days and I got it. This Post was started on 29 July when I placed the Order and tommorrow is 31 August.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Good to hear its almost to you. The oil pump and new timing gear might be a PITA for you unless ya get creative. We had my engine out and oil pan off so we could remove the pickup tube and get the pump off easy to do the rest.

Last edited:

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Jeremy I went and had a look over there a while back but I totally agree with Ryans last statement and added earlier that perhaps Shelby should represent Moes on here, so if we got that kinda Support perhaps the Shopping Carts would start to fill up again.

So update on My next Mod ordered, My Cam has Cleared Customs so maybe 2 more days and I got it. This Post was started on 29 July when I placed the Order and tommorrow is 31 August.

Have you heard back from moes though regarding the shipping?

OP
OP
03MopaRamman

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nope, maybe he should give me the US of A Free shipping Deal seeing he never sent me the Paypal he promised to do back on August 2nd. Hopefully Stu billed Bob, anyhow he may come lookin for it sooner or later. When I got my efan I got a follow-up a month after I installed it asking if I ever got it (Tracking # would have confirmed that) I'm a man of my word anyhow.

I should have it tommorrow.

The oil pump and new timing gear might be a PITA for you unless ya get creative.

Does the bottum timing gear just slide off after the pump is off or do I need a small puller??

I ordered an oil pan gasket/windage tray part, but think maybe I could loosen the front and pull the tube out but looking at the drawing you're probably right that the pan may have to come off. Pretty sure I can do that from underneath in the driveway.

Its 34 bucks for the above part, but for an extra 80 bucks I can get a new pan and paint it up prior (if the old one will jiggle outta there/loosen motor mounts / jack it up??). It would look cool (until 1st puddle) and that way no cleaning of potenetial sludge i find in there from the first 110 thousand miles the Other previous maniac put on her>>>*****...anyho we'll see. I may run the 6.1 cam through the winter and do gears first, but then again my new Job we do all our hours in 4 days and 3 day weekend every week so that is unough time to putter in the driveway to git-r-dun as it will be my second cam job all by my lonesome with my wife as second set of hands..

Last edited:

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
The bottom gear slides off without a puller. I would PM Sawcut64 and see how he has done it before, its almost enought room to do it with the front cover off but I cant say for sure.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Damn it, you guys just reminded me I still have to order a new timing chain and belts before I rip everything apart to do my cam.

OP
OP
03MopaRamman

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ack. Kenneth!

New Timing Chain...why not..!

OP
OP
03MopaRamman

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My Cam finally arrived today (36 Days later) at the Post Office, but my wife could not pick it up as I have to sign for it, so tommorrow it will be in my hands. Hopefully the Customs charge is no more than 20 bucks.

Update: No customs Chgs and I got her sittin here, Crower Box, 2 stickers and spec Card...Also My new Name is Dan Bosworth...*****....All I gotta Say is INertia Motorsports is A1 when it comes to Customer Satisfaction, Bob well He's still behind on his emails.

Last edited:
OP
OP
03MopaRamman

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will apologize for the long Post in advance, but gonna get real busy in the next 3-4 months so I'll lay out the plan for remainder 2010.

I would love to install the Cam next weekend, but I'm behind on two House Items that need to get done by end of September (Pressure treated deck/porch x 2 are a year old and have to clean and treat with Thompson and got 20 ft of Red Cedar Fence to sand and clear stain 2 coats) so I am Running out of time. I am still a member of the Auto-Club on the Base but if I can't get the cam done on a Fri-Sun cycle then I'm pouched as I have no time off till Xmas and need to drive to work as the Wife needs the PT for work also (but nice to have this free shop option especially when it gets real Fkn cold)..

Because of my busy schedule I have booked the truck in next Friday to replace my sagged and screwed rear Leafsprings. I am going with Heavy Duty 4 plus one leafs (vice 3/1 and 2050 lbs vice 1700). These should lift the rear approx 2 inches so I hope to regain some slight rake (have ready-lift keys and with sagging springs is level now). I also asked to get new Rancho 5000's 0-4 lift shocks put on with orange boots.

So Finally when my big cheque gets here I will get the gears and Auburn LSD done. First the shop will do the rear, then I will return home and remove the front diff and drop it off to them as that will save me 400 Dollars. Time Frame expected on that is by Mid-End Nov. I also will dump the chrome diff cover after the breakin/oil change and put the OEM back on (currently being sand blasted and I have a 3 step Orange Mopar Paint to go on it, Mopar Chrome nuts, and a new Rubber filler plug). Its gonna look sweet, and finnally I got an exhaust tail pipe surprise all picked out...Thanks for listenin..

Last edited:

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Danny is a man with a plan. Good for you. I just can't seem to get it together...