No alert on TPMS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raife

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 I6 Cummins HO Turbo Diesel
Evening everyone. I have a 2020 Ram 3500 Laramie with the HO Turbo Diesel. I noticed the other day that while the TPMS seems to be working (i.e. registering accurate tire pressures) it does not seem to be alerting me to low tire pressures. The suggested is 65F/80R. However, I was running 34 in the passenger front the other day and I had received no warning light on the dash (later found out there was a bolt in the tire).

It seems odd that the PSI would be that far off and no dash indicator...

Thoughts? Anyone know what the thresholds are for the front and back?

Thank you.

-Raife

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Evening everyone. I have a 2020 Ram 3500 Laramie with the HO Turbo Diesel. I noticed the other day that while the TPMS seems to be working (i.e. registering accurate tire pressures) it does not seem to be alerting me to low tire pressures. The suggested is 65F/80R. However, I was running 34 in the passenger front the other day and I had received no warning light on the dash (later found out there was a bolt in the tire).

It seems odd that the PSI would be that far off and no dash indicator...

Thoughts? Anyone know what the thresholds are for the front and back?

Thank you.

-Raife
I don't remember what they call it, but the 3500 doesn't alert you when it is low psi. You would have to be on the screen to see the psi. It won't give a warning. Only 1500, and 2500 do that.

OP
OP
R

Raife

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 I6 Cummins HO Turbo Diesel
Well that sucks...

Thank you for the info.