No option for drl in settings after alphaobd mid done.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I followed the instructions to the letter for doing the DRL’s on my truck they work just fine but I would like to have the setting option to be able to turn them on and off as if it were from the factory. Any help would be appreciated.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How long ago did you do it... sometimes it takes a little while for stuff to show up on the radio. It took an hour for my "tilt in reverse" to show up in the settings on my radio.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
It’ll give you the option to turn off/on in the radio. Go to settings, it will be in the lighting section. I have an ‘18 that I added DRLs to and I have a box that I can check to turn off or on.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Did you or check if the Daytime Running Lights CSM is set to yes.
As stated above it might take a few to appear bit mine showed up fairly quickly.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
yeah I did all that and no go. I did it earlier today. I'll check tomorrow to see if it popped up. I don't know why I care but I do. haha. I also did the tilt in reverse mirror thing but that didn't work at all. Guessing I need to have different mirrors.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
yeah I did all that and no go. I did it earlier today. I'll check tomorrow to see if it popped up. I don't know why I care but I do. haha. I also did the tilt in reverse mirror thing but that didn't work at all. Guessing I need to have different mirrors.

For whatever reason it took my 2018 a day to accept the change and have the option appear in the radio to turn them on or off.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Assuming you have the 8.4" radio and the DRL was enabled in the CSM section with the Alfa Tool it should show up. I believe people have had success with the 5" touch screen as well. As far as the tilt mirrors in reverse goes, you have to have memory mirrors in order for it to work plus enable the mirror memory option in both doors plus enable the tilt in reverse in the CSM menu.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Mine showed up later today. Just took a while. All is well.

NL74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I followed the instructions to the letter for doing the DRL’s on my truck they work just fine but I would like to have the setting option to be able to turn them on and off as if it were from the factory. Any help would be appreciated.
Hate to ask, but any chance you can point me to exact directions for turning on my DRL's with ALFAOBD . Can't seem to find it

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
YouTube it. There’s a guy that walks you through it perfectly. He has several videos. It’s the big daddy’s house one.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Thank you, gonna try to play with it this weekend. Hopefully I can get my fogs as DRL.

You can, you can also make your daytime running lights your turn signals, high beams, low beams or fog lamps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NL74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I got my DRL workimg on my fogs earlier today. Just hasn't shown up on my radio settings yet. My radio is the 5.0 " not the 8.4, and I have seen pics of it working on others. I will give it a few days, since it will now sit for a week (work).

Last edited: