no sound whatsoever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6pnt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
2019 ram big horn with the 5 inch u connect.
After installing a set of subs with a line output going to the rear speakers.
All sound stopped while I was tuning the amp for the subs.
Screen still functions everything works just 0 sound.

I figured it may be something to do with the fact that i installed the line output, so I disconnected everything uninstalled the line output. Still nothing
I’ve ran through all the forums doing the things that they say like run through the media, disconnect the battery for more than 15 min
Reset the radio,
I even tried a different uconect that works and still nothing.
I know the speakers are not blown because everything was completely fine and then just no sound. No pops bangs or anything.

Questions would be, what am I missing, is there some sort of amp after the uconect?
Anyone else had this issue and have a confirmed fix?
Has anyone traded in their 5 inch u connect for a standard double din radio? If so what dash kit did you use?

I know it’s long TIA!!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
2019 ram big horn with the 5 inch u connect.
After installing a set of subs with a line output going to the rear speakers.
All sound stopped while I was tuning the amp for the subs.
Screen still functions everything works just 0 sound.

I figured it may be something to do with the fact that i installed the line output, so I disconnected everything uninstalled the line output. Still nothing
I’ve ran through all the forums doing the things that they say like run through the media, disconnect the battery for more than 15 min
Reset the radio,
I even tried a different uconect that works and still nothing.
I know the speakers are not blown because everything was completely fine and then just no sound. No pops bangs or anything.

Questions would be, what am I missing, is there some sort of amp after the uconect?
Anyone else had this issue and have a confirmed fix?
Has anyone traded in their 5 inch u connect for a standard double din radio? If so what dash kit did you use?

I know it’s long TIA!!
The amp is internal to the radio unless you have an Alpine system.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You could have overtaxed the radio amplifier, heating it too much and that could destroy an amp. Maybe just an internal fuse in the radio, assuming there is one.

If you want to upgrade system, Crutchfield works with you to help design a system, and you can work with an expert on any questions.

OP
OP

6pnt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
if it’s internal to the radio then why still no sound after putting a different radio in

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Remove the LOC and rewire back to original. Remove the fuse in the engine bay to the radio first. Once you put it all back to normal, let it sit for another 15min. Reinstall fuse. Turn on key and check for audio. My 8.4 gliched for a bit after my speaker/sub upgrade. Now it works just fine. I also updated the software, you may need to do that.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
if it’s internal to the radio then why still no sound after putting a different radio in
Great question...are you sure there is no other aftermarket system wired in?

OP
OP

6pnt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
100% sure i’ve pulled the door panels off to check every speaker and they’re all factory including ones in dash and there’s not a single external amp

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
100% sure i’ve pulled the door panels off to check every speaker and they’re all factory including ones in dash and there’s not a single external amp
Have you let the truck just set for a while and go through several power cycles? Sometimes after complete power loss these radios take a while to settle back in.

Anthonyt520

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
@6pnt7 im experiencing a similar issue. Except I’m losing sound when volume is turned past 20. I’ve also disconnected everything and returned to stock and it’s still doing it. Only thing that’s different is now my speakers wires have a splice in the insulation but the integrity of the copper hasn’t been tampered with.