Noise coming from rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
Hey guys in need of some helps here tonight. I’m at a loss and confused. So my 99 1500 has been having this noise for some time and its coming from the rear of the truck. But it only way it will do it is if I’m coming to stop coasting. When I brake it does do it nor does it do it when I accelerate. The best way I can describe it is a clunky noise. And it sounds like it’s coming from my drum? Any help guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dick strough

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would grab the rear of the drive shaft to feel any play, then jack up the rear end and hand spin the wheels for noise, then pull the drums for a look see. Wouldn't hurt to check both shocks. good luck!

OP
OP
Moparornocar0346

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
I would grab the rear of the drive shaft to feel any play, then jack up the rear end and hand spin the wheels for noise, then pull the drums for a look see. Wouldn't hurt to check both shocks. good luck!

Well my shocks r new. I checked all my brakes and springs. All good. Think imma pull my driveshaft out and check the ujoints

OP
OP
Moparornocar0346

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
Ok so checked my ujoints and still no cigar!!
I am out of ideas

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
Have you tried jacking up the rear tires and letting them free spin to see if you can hear anything.

OP
OP
Moparornocar0346

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
Have you tried jacking up the rear tires and letting them free spin to see if you can hear anything.

Tried that and still nothing. I’m beginning to think it has something to do with the reared day

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Could be small pieces of that SmartCar you ran over stuck inside the brake springs.