O2 Sensors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phodgkins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I need help understanding the readout on my scanner for the O2 sensors. I am throwing codes P0420 and P0430 with standard equipment on the truck (2003 Ram 1500, 4.7). There is a fuel smell when I get out of the truck after driving. I'm hoping it is not one or both catalytic converters. I have been researching what these should look like, but I'm getting some conflicting data. But it seems the 2 banks should not be this different. Any help is appreciated! Thx!
Ram O2.jpg

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Google those 2 codes and it gives you a list of things to check. You're O2 sensor may be setting the code but not be the root cause, could possibly be the difference you're seeing from bank 1 and bank 2.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Diro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need help understanding the readout on my scanner for the O2 sensors. I am throwing codes P0420 and P0430 with standard equipment on the truck (2003 Ram 1500, 4.7). There is a fuel smell when I get out of the truck after driving. I'm hoping it is not one or both catalytic converters. I have been researching what these should look like, but I'm getting some conflicting data. But it seems the 2 banks should not be this different. Any help is appreciated! Thx!
View attachment 133968

My experience when you have those code you’ll a catalytic converters.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk