OBD Genie Bypass w/ OBD LINK MX+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warlock2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Ok, i'm sure there are many threads on here about this but simple question

I have an OBDLINK MX+ and then purchased the OBD Genie bypass to pass the FCA security module on my 2021 Ram Warlock (Classic). I"m curious, when I pull the radio out to access the Security Gateway Module, is it as simple as pluging in the Genie bypass into the truck connectors then using the OBDLINK MX+ to program my remote start? (I did purchased and install the hood latch with sensor and the harness was already on the truck).

Wanted to check with folks that may know before I pull my radio out.

Any help would be appreciated!!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
yes a bypass needs to be installed to allow AlfaOBD to write to any of the vehicle modules.
Depending on the bypass it may limit what modules your capable of writing to. Not sure about the OBD Genie bypass allows but this one will allow writing all modules: https://www.kaodtech.com/product-page/security-module-bypass

OP
OP
Warlock2021

Warlock2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Thanks, I had seen that and for the genie bypass instead. Does this bypass cable plug into the SGM?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The bypass cable doesn't plug into the gateway, it goes to a CANbus terminal strip what would be on the secured side of the security gateway.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok, i'm sure there are many threads on here about this but simple question

I have an OBDLINK MX+ and then purchased the OBD Genie bypass to pass the FCA security module on my 2021 Ram Warlock (Classic). I"m curious, when I pull the radio out to access the Security Gateway Module, is it as simple as pluging in the Genie bypass into the truck connectors then using the OBDLINK MX+ to program my remote start? (I did purchased and install the hood latch with sensor and the harness was already on the truck).

Wanted to check with folks that may know before I pull my radio out.

Any help would be appreciated!!
the bypass is located just above the headlight switch ,on the left side of the steering wheel