OEM push button start kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yes I already had remote start and remote entry. I pasted below pics of my ORIGINAL RFH hub. You will notice it does not have the connection on the right side for a remote antenna to hook up. Compare it to the pic I pasted in this thread earlier that shows the 2016 RFH hub and the pink connector for the remote antenna.

416320[/ATTACH]']YaPTSFAl.png

416322[/ATTACH]']4e2CTuhl.png

What was your original pn on that rf hub. Can't quite make it our from the glare ... I'm wondering if my remote start is gonna be even simpler than I originally thought since I'm my17 with remote entry. I don't have remote start which I hope to enable soon. Then of course compile parts needed for keyless go push start :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• YaPTSFAl.png
    YaPTSFAl.png
    503 bytes · Views: 0
  • 4e2CTuhl.png
    4e2CTuhl.png
    503 bytes · Views: 0

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
My original RFH hub has part number 68319677AC. But I did not include it before because I do not know if it is capable of supporting pushbutton start. If it is then of course it would work if you program it to your vin. Also keep in mind that if you do change to a new RFH hub you need to get the 4 digit PIN for the new hub that you install.

Key piece of info if you can find out is if your current RFH hub have the remote antenna inside it already. Do not know if Ram uses different hubs or are they all the same. If it does have the antenna I would think it would also be capable of pushbutton start.

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My original RFH hub has part number 68319677AC. But I did not include it before because I do not know if it is capable of supporting pushbutton start. If it is then of course it would work if you program it to your vin. Also keep in mind that if you do change to a new RFH hub you need to get the 4 digit PIN for the new hub that you install.

I have all that plus the 5 digit as well. I'll go out look at mine and see if it the same or not. If it is. [emoji1750]‍[emoji3603] saves me time and money.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
What was your original pn on that rf hub. Can't quite make it our from the glare ... I'm wondering if my remote start is gonna be even simpler than I originally thought since I'm my17 with remote entry. I don't have remote start which I hope to enable soon. Then of course compile parts needed for keyless go push start :)

There are only 2 different rf hubs for the 17-18 2500s and up (as far as I can tell): 68319677Ax-This one is on trucks with the regular key fob without push button start, whether it has remote start or not. 68319680Ax- this one is on trucks with keyless enter n go, whether it has remote start or not. Either way, all 2017+ ram rf hubs are all remote start capable already.

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There are only 2 different rf hubs for the 17-18 2500s and up (as far as I can tell): 68319677Ax-This one is on trucks with the regular key fob without push button start, whether it has remote start or not. 68319680Ax- this one is on trucks with keyless enter n go, whether it has remote start or not. Either way, all 2017+ ram rf hubs are all remote start capable already.

No kidding. That's a lot of research out of the way then and ... and ... most importantly all I gotta do is now ground pin 11 of the BCM C1 plug and Alfa and I'll have remote start. Wow imagine that ... does that sound about right to you too. No wonder that remote start kit for MY17-18 only includes a hood latch with harness that's matted to pin 11 and new fob's

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Cillys....yes, and that would be sweet for those who have a 2017 or newer Ram and want to add remote start. It all depends on "if" all the RFH hubs have the remote start antenna. Did you try going into your RFH hub with the Alpha program yet? You should be able to "see" what options are available in your hub now and will probably answer if keyless start and the remote start is supported.

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cillys....yes, and that would be sweet for those who have a 2017 or newer Ram and want to add remote start. It all depends on "if" all the RFH hubs have the remote start antenna. Did you try going into your RFH hub with the Alpha program yet? You should be able to "see" what options are available in your hub now and will probably answer if keyless start and the remote start is supported.

Not yet I will in a bit. Tablet is charging. Ha

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Well that's interesting. Btw it's 02/17. Connected to the rfhub and did a remote start antenna test. Failed. Locate learned keys. Detected none. I can't access the rfhub as yet because my c&c was heavily unfitted modified and the rfhub isn't where I was told it should be. But I'm going to see him tomorrow to find out for sure where it's at. I have remote entry so I know I have one. Ha ha

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well that's interesting. Btw it's 02/17. Connected to the rfhub and did a remote start antenna test. Failed. Locate learned keys. Detected none. I can't access the rfhub as yet because my c&c was heavily unfitted modified and the rfhub isn't where I was told it should be. But I'm going to see him tomorrow to find out for sure where it's at. I have remote entry so I know I have one. Ha ha

Go on the alfa again and connect to the radio frequency hub. After connected, select the battery icon on the bottom right. Select read system ID. Where it says ECU part number, that’s the part number of the rf hub in your truck.

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go on the alfa again and connect to the radio frequency hub. After connected, select the battery icon on the bottom right. Select read system ID. Where it says ECU part number, that’s the part number of the rf hub in your truck.

IMG_8972.jpg

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That RF hub part has these sales codes:

[AHB], [GXM]
[AHB], [GXM], [XBM]
[GXM]
[GXM], [XBM]
[SER], [GXM]
[SER], [GXM], [XBM]

The ones to note are XBM, which is remote start, and GXM which is remote keyless entry.

I do NOT see a separate RF hub part for trucks with those + Enter N Go. That tells me a new RF hub, at least for 2017, should not be required. It does look like you still need the antenna(s), 2 of them per the diagram I am looking at. It is unclear to me if one is already in the truck or the one in the hub counts....if anyone has a better pic of a 2017 rf hub, maybe we can see if there are ports for the antenna to plug into?

The WIN module is also surprisingly inexpensive.

Do we need new key fobs? The diagrams Im looking at make it seem like any remote-start keyfob should also work for Keyless Go. EDIT: yes, new fobs are necessary.

Overall, though, the kits seem quite high priced. I know there is wiring to be made, but the individual parts (even brand new OEM) are not overly expensive. I would ask, but I doubt they would, if they could sell just the harnesses, since that will be the most work other than installing everything.

Last edited:

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did a little more looking.

It seems to add this to a 2017 that already has keyless entry and remote start, you WONT need the RF hub.

You WILL need at least 2 antennas, but the RF hub has provisions for connecting 4. 2 of the antenna are connected with an inline connector, to me that means they are coming from the front. The other 2 antenna connect directly to the RF hub (no inline connector in between) so Im guessing that is the rear 2 antenna and they hang from the back wall of the truck or in the rear pillar posts.

You will need the push button module, of course.

For proximity use you will need the door handles. There are also jumper harnesses for the door handles that connect between the handle and another inline connector.

What I find interesting about the "kits" they are selling is the REAR door handles....at least in my diagrams, there is no provision for the rears to input into the system.

Also a bit disappointing...I dont think there are *chrome* handles that work for the passive entry. Or if there are, I do not know what the color code is. if anyone knows, please let me know....I kinda like chrome door handles on my white truck.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
When I did this mod I installed 2 antennas for the KEYLESS GO function. One antenna went on the back wall and the second one goes up front under the dash. When you get in the truck with keyless go the antennas look for the FOBIK being located between the 2 antennas. I believe the FOUR connections in total on the RFH hub are to account for the two proximity handles for the 2 front doors. So you have 2 connections for the antennas that locate the FOBIK and 2 connections for the proximity handles.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7

It seems to add this to a 2017 that already has keyless entry and remote start, you WONT need the RF hub.

You WILL need at least 2 antennas, but the RF hub has provisions for connecting 4. 2 of the antenna are connected with an inline connector, to me that means they are coming from the front. The other 2 antenna connect directly to the RF hub (no inline connector in between) so Im guessing that is the rear 2 antenna and they hang from the back wall of the truck or in the rear pillar posts.

For proximity use you will need the door handles. There are also jumper harnesses for the door handles that connect between the handle and another inline connector.

What I find interesting about the "kits" they are selling is the REAR door handles....at least in my diagrams, there is no provision for the rears to input into the system.

Also a bit disappointing...I dont think there are *chrome* handles that work for the passive entry. Or if there are, I do not know what the color code is. if anyone knows, please let me know....I kinda like chrome door handles on my white truck.
You can get the handles n chrome .
I purchased mine from the dealership when I added the handles with key sense

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is what im seeing, note the 4 passive entry antenna (2 with inline connector and 2 without)

The "premium" pre-made kits come with 4 antennas.

Also note the lack of connectors for *rear* door handles....maybe my AllData only shows standard cab config, but Im not sure what the pre-made kits connect to with the rear door handles.

upload_2019-1-6_20-27-10.png

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I did this mod I installed 2 antennas for the KEYLESS GO function. One antenna went on the back wall and the second one goes up front under the dash. When you get in the truck with keyless go the antennas look for the FOBIK being located between the 2 antennas. I believe the FOUR connections in total on the RFH hub are to account for the two proximity handles for the 2 front doors. So you have 2 connections for the antennas that locate the FOBIK and 2 connections for the proximity handles.

What year is your truck. What's the RFHUB part # and did ya get a kit or buy the parts yourself after researching

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Depends on which RFHUB you have. I have 68319677AC non keyless go capable. I will get the 68319680AC tomorrow. It's MY17 1500-5500 specific and is remote entry remote start and keyless go capable.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Depends on which RFHUB you have. I have 68319677AC non keyless go capable. I will get the 68319680AC tomorrow. It's MY17 1500-5500 specific and is remote entry remote start and keyless go capable.

True. However, its still only an 80.00 part.

I think the "cost" in the kits is that they pre-program everything for you, along with the wiring harnesses. AlfaOBD can handle the programming part for us, though.

The wiring is what Im hung up on. I want it to be factory but not sure how. The jumpers from handles are easy, but the actual main wiring harness is different for trucks with and without proximity.

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
True. However, its still only an 80.00 part.

I think the "cost" in the kits is that they pre-program everything for you, along with the wiring harnesses. AlfaOBD can handle the programming part for us, though.

The wiring is what Im hung up on. I want it to be factory but not sure how. The jumpers from handles are easy, but the actual main wiring harness is different for trucks with and without proximity.

Yeah the "kits" are just overly priced and I had called a certain company doing those kits and I had programming questions ... once they realized I had programming experience and engineering experience they stopped answering my calls. Phfft. Then I found this site. Ha ha who had last laugh now. There's some cable guys on here. That particular company from my understanding only exists because they began copying their wiring harnesses too. In one of these threads I saved someone else posted the connectors and pins for the proximity antennas. Also I'm sure the guys here can build ya a decent harness. All you gotta do is ask.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah the "kits" are just overly priced and I had called a certain company doing those kits and I had programming questions ... once they realized I had programming experience and engineering experience they stopped answering my calls. Phfft. Then I found this site. Ha ha who had last laugh now. There's some cable guys on here. That particular company from my understanding only exists because they began copying their wiring harnesses too. In one of these threads I saved someone else posted the connectors and pins for the proximity antennas. Also I'm sure the guys here can build ya a decent harness. All you gotta do is ask.

Haha nice.

I have no problem asking, just not sure what is needed. It looks like the door harnesses are different with proximity too, not just the jumper from the door handles. So maybe instead of a jumper its one long wire, which sounds like what the kits come with. Or you add the necessary wires and connectors to the existing door harness. Sounds more of a PITA than I want to deal with, at least right now :)