oh...decisions, decisions....looking @ a 2500 w/cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
Danno, we get it. You hate Ram. Go hang out on the Ford forum since you like them so well.

To the OP,
Yes. Maintenance on a cummins is about double a gas rig. Change intervals are 2x as long but take 2x the oil. Add in fuel filters every 15k. As stated, $100 online $150-180 at your parts store.

They require draining those filters as they have water separator built in.

Also be aware of poor quality DEF.

DPF cleaning 350 per ST, I've read as high as 700... and that's if they can be cleaed. Sometimes they can't.

If you live in cold weather climate a diesel can add in more issues.

DPF and EGR delete with tune and exhaust can cost a pretty penny, even more if you can't do it yourself at $90+ per hour labor.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Watch out, speaking the truth about the maintenance. I don't hate Ram just the owners story of a friend of a friend of a station clerks, newspaper guys, neighbor's, cousins BS.... CUMMINGS

Last edited:

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
Watch out, speaking the truth about the maintenance. I don't hate Ram just the owners story of a friend of a friend of a station clerks, newspaper guys, neighbor's, cousins BS.... CUMMINGS

I guess you hate the truth then. I provided proof that it doesn't cost $2,500 to delete like you claim.

You want some more proof? Here is a screen print of his original email receipt. Since then he took the 5" exhaust with a muffler off the order and went with a 4" without because they were out of order making the total about $1,700. Hell, even with the more expensive 5" w/ muffler exhaust it isn't even the $2,500 that you claim.

Capture.jpg

So where is your receipt showing that it cost $2,500 like you claim? Put up or shut up.

Maybe it cost that much to delete your GM DURACRAP and you are getting confused.

Last edited:

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
I guess you hate the truth then. I provided proof that it doesn't cost $2,500 to delete like you claim.

You want some more proof? Here is a screen print of his original email receipt. Since then he took the 5" exhaust with a muffler off the order and went with a 4" without because they were out of order making the total about $1,700. Hell, even with the more expensive 5" w/ muffler exhaust it isn't even the $2,500 that you claim.

View attachment 78358

So where is your receipt showing that it cost $2,500 like you claim? Put up or shut up.

Maybe it cost that much to delete your GM DURACRAP and you are getting confused.

That verified what I was saying about it will cost several (more than two but not many) thousand, or $1973.03 as you have shown in parts. Toss in over larger injectors and EGR delete and I'm at $2500. $1973 just to have a system overridden to maintain a vehicle in a operational condition is a good chunk of change. Paying someone to install or doing it yourself, it cost either way.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
That verified what I was saying about it will cost several (more than two but not many) thousand, or $1973.03 as you have shown in parts. Toss in over larger injectors and EGR delete and I'm at $2500. $1973 just to have a system overridden to maintain a vehicle in a operational condition is a good chunk of change. Paying someone to install or doing it yourself, it cost either way.

You don't need larger injector to delete nor do you need to take off the EGR.

If you can't afford to maintain such a vehicle then I would suggest you not own. Better yet, I would suggest not to own your favorite DURACRAP either because many owners are spending up to $10k replacing fuel systems due to grenading CP4 pumps.

You specifically said it would take several thousand (meaning more than two but not many) to delete a Cummins and then you gave a specific number of $2500. I then proved that it doesn't even take "more that two thousand" (aka several) to delete with a receipt of all you would need to delete a Cummins for less that two thousand. Now your backtracking on your words and adding other performance parts that are not needed to delete a Cummins just to get you over the "several thousand" or "more than two thousand" mark because now you know your words are BS and have been proven wrong.

So put up or shut up and show us some form of receipt backing up your claim that it cost $2500 to delete a Cummins...... Well, on second thought it may take "several thousands" for you since you like giving your money away paying the dealer over $415 to do an oil a fuel filter change when a 5 year old with a socket and wrench set could have at least changed the fuel filters in 20 minutes.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

View attachment 78358

You are right on the deleting a cummins part, but duramax are actually much cheaper to delete since you don't need the unlock from the bully dog. The locked pcm on cummins is what really blows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
You are right on the deleting a cummins part, but duramax are actually much cheaper to delete since you don't need the unlock from the bully dog. The locked pcm on cummins is what really blows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, I just wanted to get in the "DURACRAP" somewhere in my response to ruffle his feathers since he is a GM fanboy.

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
This was all about the OP and the question. Try to be honest and tell the truth and you see what you get. Good luck OP, Theres some good forums out there that's not full of all the BS.

Splitting hair when one is $27 from being at $2k and the grand total wasn't shown, but then again: "Please read and repeat after me", CUMMINGS.....

Me thinks......

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
Try to be honest and tell the truth and you see what you get.

Then why don't you try and start doing that for a change.

Splitting hair when one is $27 from being at $2k and the grand total wasn't shown, but then again:

I guess you completely missed that link to diesel Power Product that I posted earlier showing that it is only $1,730 for an EFIbyRian, CSP4 switch, Bully Dog, and 4" exhaust. Here let me pst it for you since you are too lazy to click the link.

Capture.jpg

Have fun in your DURACRAP. Maybe you can get another 100k miles out of it before you have to spend another $10k to replace the fuel system again.

Last edited:

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
Then why don't you try and start doing that for a change.

Have fun in your DURACRAP. Maybe you can get another 100k miles out of it before you have to spend another $10k to replace the fuel system again.

Coming from you the my friend has a colleguge that knows a guy who... Thats a compliment. I try to speak from experience and not though hear from say, get your friend to join the forum so he can tell us his experience with the CUMMINGS. Please read and repeat after me, me thinks CUMMINGS....

Last edited:

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
for the record, it doesn't cost anywhere near that to delete a cummins. You can buy an egr kit for 200 bucks, you can buy a SINGLE TUNE for like 1k dollars, theres no reason to over pay for a CSP and all that bs if you aren't going to use it. And throw in a delete pipe, factory dpf back exhaust, and boom under 1500 bucks. So that's 40% less than the 2500 number you gave.

Also, theres literally no reason you would ever run over injectors on a stock turbo cummins (13+ anyways). So that's just stupid.

Last edited:

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
Coming from you the my friend has a colleguge that knows a guy who... Thats a compliment. I try to speak from experience and not though hear from say.

From experience? That is funny coming from you that says he has all these different trucks. All you do is talk smack about engines that many of us doubt that you even have. You trashed the 6.4L over and over again in this forum yet you don't have one so how can you say that you talk from experience? You never even deleted this supposed Cummins you have so how can you say you talk from experience of how much it costs?

Although, one question that has been bothering me for a while. If you love GM's so much with their DURACRAP and 6.slow, then why do you drive Rams? Apparently they are not as good as you like to make them out to be if you are driving Rams and are here on a Ram forum. Kind of an oxymoron, don't you think.....

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
From experience? That is funny coming from you that says he has all these different trucks. All you do is talk smack about engines that many of us doubt that you even have. You trashed the 6.4L over and over again in this forum yet you don't have one so how can you say that you talk from experience? You never even deleted this supposed Cummins you have so how can you say you talk from experience of how much it costs?

Although, one question that has been bothering me for a while. If you love GM's so much with their DURACRAP and 6.slow, then why do you drive Rams? Apparently they are not as good as you like to make them out to be if you are driving Rams and are here on a Ram forum. Kind of an oxymoron, don't you think.....

Don't be jealous... I beleive I said I'm going through this right now. A. I'm not a GM fanboy, I'm a whats the cheapest-RAM B. Ram fanboys are SENSATIVE, as we have seen with just the word CUMMINGS, please read and repeat after me. C. Revert back to B.

Did you see the 6.slow spank the 6.4 up the Ike. It was hilarious! A truck at max capacity smoked a truck well under its capacity.

By the way you can do really cheap deletes by knocking the guts out of the filter and just buying a programmer. Well under $1k, but who wants to half ass it? Ok apparently many....

Who said anything about stock.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
Don't be jealous... I beleive I said I'm going through this right now. A. I'm not a GM fanboy, I'm a whats the cheapest-RAM

So you say you went with the cheapest yet you say you have all these different trucks. A smart person who wants the cheapest route would just buy one. You say you want cheapest, but you give the dealer over $280 to do something that a 10 year old could do in 20 minutes and would cost only $85 in parts. You say you want cheap yet you say you neglected maintenance on your supposed DP filter which would cost you more in the long run? You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you...

B. Ram fanboys are SENSATIVE, as we have seen with just the word CUMMINS, please read and repeat after me.

Says the man who gets so butt hurt when proven wrong and continues to try and say the he is right page after page even when everybody is telling him he is wrong. Yeah, talk about sensitive.

Did you see the 6.slow spank the 6.4 up the Ike. It was hilarious! A truck at max capacity smoked a truck well under its capacity.

Yes, and I also saw the 6.4L spank the 6.0L in all the other tests that most people here would actually do in real life.

By the way you can do really cheap deletes by knocking the guts out of the filter and just buying a programmer. Well under $1k, but who wants to half ass it? Ok apparently many....

What, wait? You just said you went with Ram because it was the cheapest. Oxymoron......

Although I would not recommend punching out your DPF and go with a straight pipe instead, thanks for finally admitting that I was right in that it doesn't cost "several thousands" or $2500 to delete a Cummins.

Now go enjoy that DURACRAP, because me thinks you don't have a Cummins, 6.4L, or 5.7L that you claim you do.

Last edited:

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
Stop being so SENSATIVE. Anyone can half ass anything and save money, CUMMINGS!!

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
Anyone can half ass anything and save money, CUMMINGS!!

And you being here is proof of that going by what you stated.

Enjoy your DURACRAP!

Last edited:

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Danno currently has a 6.4l power wagon, or claims to, yet he ***** all over it still and he bought long after trashing it. Says the only reason he drives Ram is because he gets pricing he can't pass up.

Danno = Troll.

ST and I most often don't see eye to eye, but at least he has actual knowledge to share and isn't here for the sole reason of trash talking Ram.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
thrashie

thrashie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Laramie
Engine
6.7l cummins turbo diesel
so, still doing some searching, and I have come across this one, in that awesome blue streak color. they are askin $38k for it, only has 9000 miles, and is a 2014 and it's the hemi 6.4l not a cummins..

I don't *need* the cummins, at least not yet, would be nice if I could get them down more on the first one, but man, they seem like they are holding fast on it.

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=3C6UR5FJ0EG114143

(fwiw, I found out some good info in this thread even if theres a lot of back and forth going on)

akDr9ZhDWlme2fEsno8HaRrrY586XZUKQSYtkQIZWHU

Last edited: