oh...decisions, decisions....looking @ a 2500 w/cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Decent price on that Laramie. FWIW you could could probably get that same truck brand new for low 40s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep. I bought my 2015 bighorn 6.4l new for right at 40 with only 2500 in rebates.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
thrashie

thrashie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Laramie
Engine
6.7l cummins turbo diesel
hmm...
i'm trying to stay @ or below 40 figure out the door, maybe 42 max out the door, and really want another Laramie, since that's what I have now.. I already know what my payments would be at the
different prices (already financed for much more, but don't want that huge payment), lookin like i'll wind up pretty even on my trade.

Last edited:

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You should be able to find 20% off or so with rebates and discounts if a dealer wants to deal.

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
so, still doing some searching, and I have come across this one, in that awesome blue streak color. they are askin $38k for it, only has 9000 miles, and is a 2014 and it's the hemi 6.4l not a cummins..

I don't *need* the cummins, at least not yet, would be nice if I could get them down more on the first one, but man, they seem like they are holding fast on it.

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=3C6UR5FJ0EG114143

(fwiw, I found out some good info in this thread even if theres a lot of back and forth going on)

akDr9ZhDWlme2fEsno8HaRrrY586XZUKQSYtkQIZWHU

I'd need to see the condition, a 2017 version of that truck would run you $42K to $43K from Dennis Dillon.

OP
OP
thrashie

thrashie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Laramie
Engine
I'd need to see the condition, a 2017 version of that truck would run you $42K to $43K from Dennis Dillon.

heh, yeah, clear across the country almost as far away as it could possibly be, i'm in florida. gas/hotel/ a weeks vacation..but, I've actually called them, yesterday I think, gotta go by sale price, not the as low as price. that's a more for the locals kinda thing as she explained (military/farming discounts).

I'm goin to go look at it tomorrow...I've looked and looked, theres not too many 2016 laramies left in the 150 mile range that I've looked.

Last edited:

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
heh, yeah, clear across the country almost as far away as it could possibly be, i'm in florida. gas/hotel/ a weeks vacation..but, I've actually called them, yesterday I think, gotta go by sale price, not the as low as price. that's a more for the locals kinda thing as she explained (military/farming discounts).

I'm goin to go look at it tomorrow...I've looked and looked, theres not too many 2016 laramies left in the 150 mile range that I've looked.

The laramie is a pretty popular package, they sell like hot cakes and with the '17s rolling out it's no surprise they're about gobbled up. The right truck is out there, you'll find it :happy107: I hunted for about 6 months before I found the truck I bought. Wildly enough a used vehicle dealer about 6 blocks from my apartment got it from a fleet reduction auction in Texas. I was there to test drive another truck when it got unloaded off the hauler, test drove it the next day, and wrote the check out 5 days after that lol

OP
OP
thrashie

thrashie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Laramie
Engine
OP
OP
thrashie

thrashie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Laramie
Engine
About to get a cpo 13 laramie 4x4 ctd 20k miles 40k otd w/ trade

perk7089

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Gota get the Cummins!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
thrashie

thrashie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Laramie
Engine
got a cummins! way overkill for my needs, but I gots it!

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
got a cummins! way overkill for my needs, but I gots it!

Congrats!

And if anybody tells you it is overkill then I would stop hanging out with them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life. :happy107:

OP
OP
thrashie

thrashie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Laramie
Engine
Congrats!

And if anybody tells you it is overkill then I would stop hanging out with them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life. :happy107:

Thanx!

ha! that's me saying that, I just gotta get used to the whole idea of it, it's a new world for me..

time to bust out an owners manual to find out what the little button with the **** of smoke is and the tire light load inflation button. I didn't have those before

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cpo? Good luck!

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Tire light load is so you can run your rears down to 45 psi unloaded and not set off the TPS light. Much smoother ride and doesn't prematurely wear the center tread of the tire.

The "**** of smoke" button as you call it is your exhaust brake, you'll learn to love that thing. I know I do!

Last edited:
OP
OP
thrashie

thrashie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Laramie
Engine
Cpo? Good luck!

Thanx!

certified pre owned

Tire light load is so you can run your rears down to 45 psi unloaded and not set off the TPS light. Much smoother ride and doesn't prematurely wear the center tread of the tire.

The "**** of smoke" button as you call it is your exhaust brake, you'll learn to love that thing. I know I do!

sweet! I'm gonna have to try it. thanx!

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Stop being so SENSATIVE. Anyone can half ass anything and save money, CUMMINGS!!
Can we just ignore this OBVIOUS TROLL please? This went from an otherwise decent thread into a ******* contest over the correct way to spell Cummins. I can't believe anyone is actually taking the time to respond to this clown, which in turn is dragging this thread into a tailspin...

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
Can we just ignore this OBVIOUS TROLL please? This went from an otherwise decent thread into a ******* contest over the correct way to spell Cummins. I can't believe anyone is actually taking the time to respond to this clown, which in turn is dragging this thread into a tailspin...

One of the main reasons I'm glad I don't have a Cummins. All the ctd threads get ruined by southtexan taking the troll bait hook line and sinker. If I had a Cummins I would most likely not be a member of this forum just because of this behavior.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
One of the main reasons I'm glad I don't have a Cummins. All the ctd threads get ruined by southtexan taking the troll bait hook line and sinker. If I had a Cummins I would most likely not be a member of this forum just because of this behavior.

Likes I said before. I rather like putting trolls in their place.

AND another thing that I have said is that I will never chastise others for putting Danno in his place either. When people like Hootbro, Drittal, or Theviking were going back and forth with Danno when he was trolling the 6.4L threads you did not hear one peep out of me for them doing it and you never will mainly because I think he deserved it. I never seen you tell those guys anything about taking the troll bait.... in fact you actually joined in some instances.