Ohms of Alpine speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stepbill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know what Ohm speakers the Alpine 9 speaker setup is? I want to replace my 3 dash speakers and the rear door speakers. I was reading on a Ram diesel forum and it appears the older models were like a 2.3 ohm and then way later on in the post someone said that they were ordering 8 ohm speakers. Hope that someone can help!

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Does anyone know what Ohm speakers the Alpine 9 speaker setup is? I want to replace my 3 dash speakers and the rear door speakers. I was reading on a Ram diesel forum and it appears the older models were like a 2.3 ohm and then way later on in the post someone said that they were ordering 8 ohm speakers. Hope that someone can help!

I actually just replaced mine and while they were out I took a reading. I got 2.7 on the three in the dash and 2.5 on the front doors.

The dash replacements were 3.8 and the front doors were 4.6. I ordered the mopar kicker upgrade speakers just to try it out.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I actually just replaced mine and while they were out I took a reading. I got 2.7 on the three in the dash and 2.5 on the front doors.

The dash replacements were 3.8 and the front doors were 4.6. I ordered the mopar kicker upgrade speakers just to try it out.
When in doubt,
Get the multi meter out.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
as I only have limited knowledge of electronics I am curious that if you replace 2.5 ohm speakers with 3.8 ohms wont you have to turn up the volume to get the same amount of sound out.

ErnieBoling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
as I only have limited knowledge of electronics I am curious that if you replace 2.5 ohm speakers with 3.8 ohms wont you have to turn up the volume to get the same amount of sound out.

Yes, my volume is much different with the Kicker aftermarket speakers I installed, but the sound clarity is absolutely amazing.

DanBen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There may be a difference from the reply with the 2014 Ram vs the 2019 Ram speakers? You may want to get your information from a 2019 owner if the speakers have changed over the years - or they may still be the same.

DanBen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There may be a difference from the reply with the 2014 Ram vs the 2019 Ram speakers? You may want to get your information from a 2019 owner if the speakers have changed over the years - or they may still be the same.

tastysuds

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just go get speakers made by Infinity, fit great, sound great, approx. 2ohm speakers. Most people just replace the front dash speakers and that helps alot.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie Crew Cab - Flame Red
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Just go get speakers made by Infinity, fit great, sound great, approx. 2ohm speakers. Most people just replace the front dash speakers and that helps alot.

The 3.5" infinitys that fit the dash are 3 ohm. Infinity doesn't make a 2 ohm speaker....after speaking with Crutchfield, no aftermarket manufacturer seems to. The closest were the JBL GX302's, but they don't make them anymore.