Old age and detailing.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Nice! .... how often do you replace the resin ?
Found it locally on CL for less than $100. Guys wife bought it for his 57' Chevy as a gift. Seeing as he only takes it out once a month to a local meet, and then covers it once home... just didn't find the use for it.

Has a meter displaying a containments value (think thats what its called) and still haven't needed to replace it. So for me, thats a year of use. I'll budget to replace them this Spring. About another $100 for replacement filters. For me, even if I only wash the cars twice a month.... thats' @ 50 cents a wash to get a spotless finish over a years time frame.... or longer :waytogo:

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
If we ever decide to do an extension / mod to the house, I'll likely add a similar system dedicated for a line by the garage just for simplicity, but then I do loose the mobility.

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
geez lol I am 63yoa and feel 30yoa.. I hand wash a couple times a week and fully wax a couple times a month...mine rarely is parked for a day at at time...I clay bar couple times a year.
I need some of what you’re doing to feel 30. When I hit 50 I really started to creak, groan, and find that it takes more to get going each day. It was that year when the dr. told me Arthur Itus was getting to know me. I have since found foods and supplements that seem to be helping. I still go, go, go........just not as fast.:)

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You’re welcome to do mine.......
That’s what guys keep telling me here at the over 55 campground we’re in. Between waxing and pickle ball most mornings my rotators are hurtin’ !

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I need some of what you’re doing to feel 30. When I hit 50 I really started to creak, groan, and find that it takes more to get going each day. It was that year when the dr. told me Arthur Itus was getting to know me. I have since found foods and supplements that seem to be helping. I still go, go, go........just not as fast.:)
I have been lucky so far no doubt, I was a fairly serious distance runner, cyclist/racer and triathlete and now I do a lot of speed hiking. A buddy and I do a 16 miler once a week at fairly good pace. I try to average 50 miles a week hiking some weeks I do more some less a few weeks I ago I had a 67 mile week. I am lucky I live in a place where a 20 minute drive any direction puts me in good hiking country. I am sure one day it will come to an end but so far so good.
3B5EBBF2-B987-4D03-95B7-10EA4EC4DBE1.png

Cableram05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500,V8,Laramie edition. It has paint on the hood that is flaking off.When I take some of it off ,it's clear.Was there a recall at 1 point for this issue.

glengarryGR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
...I am not inclined...
I am 61 and I look at it as I do other chores: a workout. My 2010 "Tango Mango Ram" looks amazing because I did a paint correction and ceramic coating. What do you think? Here are my steps below. I learned by watching "Pan the Organizer" on YouTube about how to properly do these techniques like a pro. It worked!

DETAILING STEPS

Tar/bug remove
Wash w/Clean Slate Wax Stripping Wash
IronX wash
Clay bar w/lubricant
Rinse
Sweege to dry
Air Dry w/compressor
Waffle towel dry
Paint correction
Buff using Compound
Wash
Polish (Finishing polish)
Isopropyl Alcohol
Apply Ceramic coating (this was quite simple...the hard part is prep work)

Attachments

• 3386BFF1-0214-4216-B468-4B2D26D2C197_1_201_a.jpeg
    3386BFF1-0214-4216-B468-4B2D26D2C197_1_201_a.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 21

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
I hate dirty vehicles and used to wash mine at least once a week when I was younger and had the time and energy. I'm 52 now and maybe wash them once every few months. Now that the kids are grown and out of the house I have enough time, just not the energy or have other priorities. I still hate dirty vehicles but it is what it is living here in western PA. I think in the spring I'm gonna take my truck and my wifes car in for full professional detailing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I am 61 and I look at it as I do other chores: a workout. My 2010 "Tango Mango Ram" looks amazing because I did a paint correction and ceramic coating. What do you think? Here are my steps below. I learned by watching "Pan the Organizer" on YouTube about how to properly do these techniques like a pro. It worked!

DETAILING STEPS

Tar/bug remove
IronX wash
Clay bar w/lubricant
Rinse
Sweege to dry
Air Dry w/compressor
Waffle towel dry
Paint correction
Buff using Compound
Wash
Isopropyl Alcohol

Good job ! a lot of people are intimidated about doing this to their own vehicles, what ceramic coating did you use? Armor Shield? I use it a lot myself

mudrockatc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agree with Irishthreeper, have a 42 ft fifth wheel that is tough to keep clean!!! I am 75, just got my special ordered 2022 Ram 3500 dually, black no less, took it right from dealer to detailer and had it ceramic coated, try to give it the foam gun, two bucket wash every two weeks!!

steveTS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 2500
Engine
cummins Diesel
I'm 42, and it took me 2 days to do all that with the install of a graphene ceramic coating. Detailing is alot of work!!!
LOL pay 150.00 to a good detailer and get a life... whats 2 days of your life worth to ya?

Moose2

Military
Reaction score

DETAILING STEPS

Tar/bug remove
IronX wash
Clay bar w/lubricant
Rinse
Sweege to dry
Air Dry w/compressor
Waffle towel dry
Paint correction
Buff using Compound
Wash
Isopropyl Alcohol
You’re hired!

craiger4233

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
To the guy that is in his 60's feeling 30.
I am 62 and definitely want some of what you are on.

demonram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I do the clay bar maybe once a year or every other year. Also try to wax a couple of times a year. Just recently tried the ceramic wash. It makes it shine a little more. I also bought the ceramic detailing products but I'm gonna wait till winter is over and we are in the new house with the bigger garage before I do any more ceramic stuff. Oh, I will be 69 in June if the Lord leaves me here. Still have a lot of energy, thankfully.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LOL pay 150.00 to a good detailer and get a life... whats 2 days of your life worth to ya?
I was already off of work those days anyway!! There is no way a detailer would charge only 150 bucks to do what I did!!! Plus, I am a bit **** and no way would a detailer have done as good of a job as I did. My sister had her durango ceramic coated by a professional she knows well at the same time. Hers was $899 to do. Trucks are more through him. Mine looks way better. They advertised full paint correction, but I think to them that means just buffing out any light scratches because hers has way more orange peel...mine has very little to none after polishing it!!!