"Optimal" Detailing Recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AzRamLover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seeking some advice on the '14 Laramie, Black Gold color. There are a *LOT* of posts on this and it seems like y'all are at least as OCD about your paint as I am.

Background:
- Parked outside, all day, every day in AZ (no snow/ice, but occasional rain)
- Limited off roading
- Light swirl marks already present due to some ******* running it through an automatic wash despite instructions otherwise (don't get me started)

Goals:
- Remove swirl marks
- Minimize time, money, and effort (yeah, this is the kicker - part of the optimization tradeoff)
- Obtain and maintain a near dealer level finish (the other half of the optimization tradeoff)

Questions:

1) Is this realistic? If not, what parts need to be changed in order to be realistic?

2) What should I expect to pay a detailer (no more automatic car washes) to get this done? I don't want to be ripped off on a consistent basis. Any recommendations to a Phoenix-area detailer would also be appreciated. :)

3) Should I just do this myself?

3a) If doing it myself, what do you recommend in terms of products & techniques to optimize the results vs cost/effort tradeoffs?

parttimer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get a detailer to coat it, I'm guessing 7-800 for a light correction and coating.

parttimer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you're doing it yourself get a DA unit, a medium and fine polish and pads, some microfibers and a coating. Opti coat, Cquartz or something similar.

hardcore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Opticoat would also be a good product to protect your paint. They claim its permanent.