P0304 nightmare....what are we missing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

threethirtyone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
long story, please forgive me....

my husband works out of town. he left for work with a half tank of gas, truck was running fine, no check engine light anywhere in sight. he stops on his way to top top tank off and 25 miles later, at 70+ mph, truck began to stall out. he made it to a friend's house that night and rode the rest of the way to work with him.
fast forward...after sitting for 3 weeks, truck cranked, drove up the rode fine, engine light was on and showing code p0300.
almost immediately afterwards, truck started running rough again.
changed all 16 spark plugs and coil packs. no longer showed p0300, but now p0304. changed #4 injector. fuel pressure is 60psi. no change. still showing p0304... what are we missing?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
What year ram and how many miles? That is mis fire yes? Would likely be a cam lob wiped. Switch coils packs with 4 see if the code travels. Was there ever hemi tick?

veritasaequita

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P304 u ready for this? Here is the fix. Order or obtain a factory replacement gas cap and replace yours. Reset your codes and boom your welcome

Bills86e

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi Longbed
I replaced my cam position sensor mine went bubeye. Was on pass side of front timing cover.

Last edited: