P0750 code - Swapping Trans Shift Solenoid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After a few hours of researching, I've discovered the reason my 2014 1500 is locked in 4th gear is due to the Transmission Shift Solenoid. I've also found there to be a few other causes for this based on other reports, but it seems this is mine due to the code read (P0750 I believe). After spending 331$ on the Solenoid and filters today, going to grab fluid and pan seal tomorrow, anything crazy I need to know before I rip this baby apart tomorrow night?

Transmission parts sales guy printed me a nice picture of the inside of the trans, where the plate is that slides back and forth and showed me the importance of making sure I put it back on where I took it off, Just making sure that's the only big "watch out" of this job. If this isn't the fix to my problem I'm probably going to have a stroke because I cannot afford to be dealing with this right now.

Last edited:

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Valve body has to come out then remove the solenoid pack from the top of the valve body.

OP
OP
mpicc84

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Valve body has to come out then remove the solenoid pack from the top of the valve body.

That much they explained to me, as "involved" as this seems it really doesn't look too bad once I get it opened up. We will see.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
It’s not that bad other than getting ATF dripped on you. Make sure you have a torque wrench.

OP
OP
mpicc84

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s not that bad other than getting ATF dripped on you. Make sure you have a torque wrench.
I'd add + a Inch Pounds Tq wrench. We converted for the pan bolts because out inch pounds tq wrench only went to 60, but the job was fairly simple. Clearing the code was the worst part haha