Pedal Commander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cereb6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Been looking at buying one. Not sure if it is worth it or not. Anyone have experience with pedal commander? I have heard mixed reviews about it. Is there anything else you would need to run it? Thanks.

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've ran mine for about a year. Well worth it in my opinion. This is the first drive-by-wire vehicle I've owned and the PC is exactly what was needed. It makes it feel more responsive and removes the hesitation/lag that I felt.

Search for PC31 on the forum because someone is selling one right now for $150.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No better time to buy a new one than now. We are offering the lowest pricing of the year on PC units right now. Message me if you like a quote on one. We have them in stock and ready to ship!!

Flame Red Rebel

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
Hemi Hybrid
Pedal monster's is WAY better IMOP.

64311-2T.jpg

KnurledNut

SemperFi
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A throttle controller is an amazing mod to add to our Ram's. I was a doubter, not only in the concept but in the pricing. The name brands are expensive but do not provide any extra benefit over the much less expensive generic versions.

I've had no issues with the generic controller I purchased. I did a cheeky review earlier this year.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/generic-throttle-controller-review.160337/

El_Lobo_Gris1500C

Reaction score
I was skeptical about the Pedal Commander before I got my Ram 1500, but after some YouTube review watching and internet searches, I decided to go for one to try it out.

very glad I did, it removes the lag from stepping on the gas and the truck actually moving, as well as you don’t have to put your foot down 50% to the floor hunting for that response, fees much more like an old school throttle cable feel now, which I prefer.

Once in a while I will turn it off just to see if I have been biased or to compare the feel and stock is now horrible feeling lol! Much less sensitive, longer throw of the pedal to achieve ANY reaction or response by the truck and engine.

I typically run it in sport mode, sometimes plus 1, sometime minus 1 off sport.

just remember to only change it when you are stopped and not on the throttle pedal at all, or parked.

Some have had engine light issues from changing the setting (eco/city/sport/sport plus) while driving along, basically drastically and suddenly changing the voltages the truck is reading from the pedal, which triggers the error in the computer and resulting dash light.
I say go for one, they’re fun!

0605657A-E6E3-4430-99B8-49ECFA5BC7AF.jpeg

B938275B-C32F-451F-9417-9E28A279753F.jpeg

94D7D606-CA58-4D98-BA66-A1A07B532A01.jpeg

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I love mine.
Just be sure to turn it off or down when on slippery surfaces.
I just broke a (old) tow strap pulling a van out of my neighbor's driveway because I thought I turned it off, instead I turned it up to Sport+. Gently touched the gas and oopsie.

Makes the truck WAY more fun to drive. Plenty of threads on this forum, search around for more info about the different choices. I don't think you'll regret getting one.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone interested we still offer the Pedal Commander and we also offer the Banks Pedal Monster. Contact me for pricing on either

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Pedal monster's is WAY better IMOP.

64311-2T.jpg

What is better about it? How much are they?

PC will not disappoint!
Use it on Sport 4 +4. No it doesn’t add HP, just uses what’s there and gets your launch off faster.

That's debatable. I had mine throw my truck into limp mode 3 times. The first was on the highway at 75 mph while in the left (3rd) lane, NO warning. VERY dangerous situation, lucky I didn't get in an accident. Same thing has happened to others in the forum. I wouldn't recommend it.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had no problems with mine been on about 18 months, really like the response.

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No problems. Had it for about 18 months as well. I have the older non bluetooth version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El_Lobo_Gris1500C

Reaction score
I’ve had my PC31 on the truck for months and not one issue.

One important thing to note, do NOT change or adjust the settings while you are driving or touching the accelerator pedal. Only change the setting or turn it on when stopped and not moving, or in park.

I think many people who end up having engine check lights come on, or worse have tried to change the settings while driving along, change it to sport plus when they want to show off or start ‘racing’ someone on the fly. This changes the voltages the controller/computer in the truck sees and triggers an error in the system, causing problems.

I have ONLY changed settings on mine while parked or stopped and have had not one engine light, limp mode, or any other issue what so ever, so far after installing my PC and I have it on every single day to and from work, casual drives, it makes the truck feel so much more responsive, and I personally am completely satisfied with it.

This is why you should always read the manual, understand how things are supposed to be used, and not go off half cocked like a cowboy and just ‘figure it out’ as you go.

BBhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve had my PC31 on the truck for months and not one issue.

One important thing to note, do NOT change or adjust the settings while you are driving or touching the accelerator pedal. Only change the setting or turn it on when stopped and not moving, or in park.

I think many people who end up having engine check lights come on, or worse have tried to change the settings while driving along, change it to sport plus when they want to show off or start ‘racing’ someone on the fly. This changes the voltages the controller/computer in the truck sees and triggers an error in the system, causing problems.

I have ONLY changed settings on mine while parked or stopped and have had not one engine light, limp mode, or any other issue what so ever, so far after installing my PC and I have it on every single day to and from work, casual drives, it makes the truck feel so much more responsive, and I personally am completely satisfied with it.

This is why you should always read the manual, understand how things are supposed to be used, and not go off half cocked like a cowboy and just ‘figure it out’ as you go.
Same here..no issues at all.:cheers:

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe that any pedal response to if used while on the fly may have negative effects throwing codes. I haven’t since I first installed and tried to switch while driving. Read the code with my tuner and cleared my t. Never tried again and no issues. I leave it on one setting as it fits my preferred driving style. Honestly, any device that will remove the lag in these trucks, especially if running a larger than stock tire, is great! I only have positive personal experience with the PC is why I commented. I’m thinking of trying out the Roar pedal.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have had mine for 2.5 years on 2 different trucks with NO issues at all.
Non blue tooth and periodically change settings from say plus 1 to plus 4 while driving but NEVER while on the gas!
I Never never never change eco, city, sport, sport+ while driving

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
What is better about it? How much are they?

That's debatable. I had mine throw my truck into limp mode 3 times. The first was on the highway at 75 mph while in the left (3rd) lane, NO warning. VERY dangerous situation, lucky I didn't get in an accident. Same thing has happened to others in the forum. I wouldn't recommend it.
I just saw an interesting video on Pedalmonster that, if correct, would explain my PC's failures. Granted its a commercial for their product but it makes sense that the PC powering itself off of the 5v from the gas pedal circuit could be forcing the 5v to drop by overloading it.

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ever ride a dirt bike with a 1/4 turn throttle? Same thing. Makes the throttle more touchy, that's all.