Pictures need of Rebel seat mounting points

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Need some help from anyone who has Driver & Passenger front electric seas from a 2016-2017 Rebel

I'm bouncing around a few ideas, and need a some pics of the front seat mounting points.

Not sure if there is a difference in Rebel years, so if they are standard then any Rebel year works of course with a 4th gen..

Thanks in advance :waytogo:

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an express and at one point i was going to purchase a set of rebel seats and was told all 4th gen ram seats fit as long as its the same body style(CC, QC or RC) Of course i didnt have power before but was able to purchase the harness from @Mpgrimm2. I instead purchased seats from a sport instead. Everything fit fine including the harness.

OP
OP
Socalramfan

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Good info.

I've been reading as much a I can in previous Posts in the forum, and have a pretty good feel for the wring adjustments I may need to make.

Also read where 4th gens bolt right up, but I'm not certain about the seat base frame bolting right upon from a Rebel. Front bolts look like a match but need a better view of the rear mounts from the front seats.

Might need to exchange mounting frames, but thats what brings me here.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
On the fronts, seats from any rig between 2002-2021 classic 1500s and 2003-present 2500 and 3500s will bolt up fine regardless of trim level.

Of course I doubt you’d want 2002 seats in your truck, but they WOULD physically bolt up lol

The main thing I’d be worried about is the wiring, of which only 2013+ trucks would come close to matching. I think you should be fine doing what you’re doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Socalramfan

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Appreciate the inputs so far.

Still in need for a pic(s) of the Front seats aft mounting points. Not the holes with the seats removed.... but a pic showing the seats mounted (both Drivers side & Passenger side). :waytogo:

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Appreciate the inputs so far.

Still in need for a pic(s) of the Front seats aft mounting points. Not the holes with the seats removed.... but a pic showing the seats mounted (both Drivers side & Passenger side). :waytogo:
Take a picture of your seats, and that’s what the rebel seat mounts will look like. Lol.

Literally the only thing different in any of the trim levels is the covers and foam shape. Mounting,slides etc is all the same. Nothing has changed from 2009-current 4th gen mounts.

OP
OP
Socalramfan

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Take a picture of your seats, and that’s what the rebel seat mounts will look like. Lol.

Literally the only thing different in any of the trim levels is the covers and foam shape. Mounting,slides etc is all the same. Nothing has changed from 2009-current 4th gen mounts.

That was my understanding, however........ I've a speculation that a passenger seat from a Rebel I have come crossed may be missing a mount.

By comparing another pic would confirm this or not.

OP
OP
Socalramfan

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Heres a shot to compare..... (best one I have for now).

This is the Rebel passenger seat in question. Outlined is the area that is in question to be missing a part or not, but I'd like to confirm that be comparing another seat.

IMG_7305.JPGIMG_7306.JPG

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
That was my understanding, however........ I've a speculation that a passenger seat from a Rebel I have come crossed may be missing a mount.

By comparing another pic would confirm this or not.

I work on these trucks daily, it’s all the same. The only seats that have a slightly different mount is if you have the base front seats with the middle seat. I don’t think it was even a option for a rebel to have the bench front seat. Pretty sure they all have the big centre console.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Heres a shot to compare..... (best one I have for now).

This is the Rebel passenger seat in question. Outlined is the area that cooers to be missing a part, but I'd like to confirm that be comparing another seat.

View attachment 239912View attachment 239913

Ya that seat in the picture is missing the rear mount. It’s not supposed to look like that.

Tell ya what, if I see a rebel in the shop tomorrow I’ll try to get a picture for your piece of mind.

Last edited:

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I even checked the part listings and there’s no changes between a rebel or other models.

Brian2081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I work on these trucks daily, it’s all the same. The only seats that have a slightly different mount is if you have the base front seats with the middle seat. I don’t think it was even a option for a rebel to have the bench front seat. Pretty sure they all have the big centre console.
Hello Tach_tech, I have a 16 Outdoorsman with the front middle seat. Manual passenger seat, swapped in a power passenger seat from a 15 Longhorn. Bolts right up to the middle seat ( 4 10mm nuts).

OP
OP
Socalramfan

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Ya that seat in the picture is missing the rear mount. It’s not supposed to look like that.

Tell ya what, if I see a rebel in the shop tomorrow I’ll try to get a picture for your piece of mind.

That would be great.

Next hurdle will be acquiring the missing mount piece. There's no visible damage, nor indication that anything was "cut" or "forced" off.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
That would be great.

Next hurdle will be acquiring the missing mount piece. There's no visible damage, nor indication that anything was "cut" or "forced" off.

Im fairly certain they just bolt on.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
watch this video, the guy removes the front passenger seat
You can stop the video at the point where he pulls it out

Start watching this video at about the 4 minute & 30 second point

You can see the seat bases in both videos

You are missing a seat mount
Each seat mount looks to have a different shape, i believe the mounts nearest the center floor hump are designed with an offset so they can bolt to the flat part of the floor

If you find the right part at a vehicle dismantling yard, you will likely need the bolt, if you don't already have one

Last edited:
OP
OP
Socalramfan

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
watch this video, the guy removes the front passenger seat
You can stop the video at the point where he pulls it out

Start watching this video at about the 4 minute & 30 second point

You can see the seat bases in both videos

You are missing a seat mount
Each seat mount looks to have a different shape, i believe the mounts nearest the center floor hump are designed with an offset so they can bolt to the flat part of the floor

If you find the right part at a vehicle dismantling yard, you will likely need the bolt, if you don't already have one

Thanks brother.

I wasn't sure if for some reason the "Rebel" seats had different mounts, which would be odd, but nonetheless. The videos you shared certainly show that mine is missing the leg mount. Thought they would have been welded, but guess not.

Yes, I'll be searching yards for one. Fontana seems to have most of the trucks out there.

Thanks again :waytogo:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Down here close to San Diego, there is an area called Otay Mesa
It is right on the Border & i would guess that there are 30 Auto Dismantling Yards packed together in a bunch.

There is almost no part that can't be found.

Up your way, you have close by

https://www.longbeachhiposwapmeet.com/
its happening next weekend

& this one would be a bit of a drive
https://www.pomonaswapmeet.com/event-info/car-show-hours-dates/
Today's event was cancelled, so it's happening next month

Only take enough money with you, that you can honestly spend for parts

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Socalramfan

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Down here close to San Diego, there is an area called Otay Mesa
It is right on the Border & i would guess that there are 30 Auto Dismantling Yards packed together in a bunch.

There is almost no part that can't be found.

Up your way, you have close by

https://www.longbeachhiposwapmeet.com/
its happening next weekend

& this one would be a bit of a drive
https://www.pomonaswapmeet.com/event-info/car-show-hours-dates/
Today's event was cancelled, so it's happening next month

Only take enough money with you, that you can honestly spend for parts

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the San Diego reference.... I'll have to dig deeper on whats there.

Have been to the Long Beach Meet in the past, as well as Pomona. definitely leave your wallet of extra money at home !!! and take a wagon to haul everything around :waytogo:

Chaplain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On the fronts, seats from any rig between 2002-2021 classic 1500s and 2003-present 2500 and 3500s will bolt up fine regardless of trim level.

Of course I doubt you’d want 2002 seats in your truck, but they WOULD physically bolt up lol

The main thing I’d be worried about is the wiring, of which only 2013+ trucks would come close to matching. I think you should be fine doing what you’re doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just to confirm: I have a 2006 quad cab 3500 and want to put seats from a 2020 in it. They will all but right up? How about seats from a 1500?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk