Pin Pulling - 2018 RAM? Dealers in Australia won't give me my PIN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Armando Sgroi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.9L Diesel
Apologies if this is the wrong place to post - new user joined today.

Wondering if anyone has had success in extracting the PIN of a 2018 either with AlphaOBD and ODBLink MX+ or using the Chrysler Pin Puller App on Android

I have the necessary bypass modules for the security gateway Both the KOADtech and the one that TAZER RAM recommends

New to all this stuff so would appreciate any advice

cheers from OZ

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Hey welcome to the forum. I'm not sure if Oz is the same way but here in Canada if you show you are the owner and prove the truck is yours they pretty much have to give it to you.

There is also a pin puller app (forget the name) I think it costs something like $50 in credits to pull it though. I'd go try again and if they don't give it up I'd make a call to fca head office. You own the truck and the code well it's technically your property as well.
Hope this helps.

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had no trouble getting mine from the local ram dealer in West Australia....

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Armando Sgroi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.9L Diesel
Thanks Hoe - it seems to be hit and miss - the dealer I bought my Ram from have said they don't want to give it to me because i might "Tweek the Engine" ???!!!!
I paid $A150,000 for it!! btw is yours an ASV conversion?

OP
OP
A

Armando Sgroi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.9L Diesel
One larrikin on the local OZ forum said that trying to get the PIN here is "like trying to pull a tooth out of a fast moving white pointer"

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pin is nothing to do with ecu tuning....

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Armando Sgroi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.9L Diesel
well happy to report that I got the pin and Ignition code from the dealer yesterday - I showed them this image from another thread on this forum and pointed to the last paragraph which implies they do have the right to give the codes to the owner of the vehicle FCA Pin Policy.jpg