Please help water pump issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93ramguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So started the water pump on my 93 d150 and i cant get the fan clutch off of the old water pump i guess some special tool is needed to hold the pulley . 1 i dont have that tool 2 i dont have a ride to get said tool is there anyone around merrimack nh that has the tool or any ideas on how to get it off with out the tool the water pump is out of the truck already so kinda screwed here. btw its a 3.9 engine thanks guys

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
you require a certain large wrench and a spanner wrench or something like that. if you at least get the pump swapped out you should be able to drive it without the mechanical fan. just keep an eye on the temp gauge.

OP
OP
93ramguy

93ramguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks gonna try to find a spanner wrench tomorrow any ideas they dont sell them at any auto parts stores around me

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
could maybe see if there is a shop that has the tools to do it. with the pump off the engine it might be easier to remove or it might be harder. i have never taken one off so don't know. i just know they looked like a pain to removed when i was looking to swap to electric fans.