Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Underground Lighting

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bump. Looking to see how everyone's doing and how they like the leds. I wanna pull the trigger but I read about other leds and having to do this and that to make it all work. These seam to be a true plug and play and good output.
We had only 1 ram that didn't like leds and was turning off while driving. It was a 2015. We had plug and play decoders to up the canbus strength and it corrected the issue. As much as I want to say its 100 percent problem free its not. Since we had only 1 issue out of about 40 customers here. We were able to fix and solve the issue with plug and play add ons. So i guess you can say it is in fact plug and play and will work.

What year and style headlight do you have?

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Bump. Looking to see how everyone's doing and how they like the leds. I wanna pull the trigger but I read about other leds and having to do this and that to make it all work. These seam to be a true plug and play and good output.
I have @Underground Lighting LEDs in my Quad headlight low and high beams. The only thing I did is set the lows to HID with AlfaOBD. Mine is a 15 and so far no issues. I did need to readjust the aim lower than the halogens had but I can see a decent cutoff and not blasting the rear window of cars in front.

Yaple57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We had only 1 ram that didn't like leds and was turning off while driving. It was a 2015. We had plug and play decoders to up the canbus strength and it corrected the issue. As much as I want to say its 100 percent problem free its not. Since we had only 1 issue out of about 40 customers here. We were able to fix and solve the issue with plug and play add ons. So i guess you can say it is in fact plug and play and will work.

What year and style headlight do you have?

Mine is a 17 with non projector

Tl806

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

Zero issues at all! Absolutely plug-n-play. Worth every penny!

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hikari 2020 LED headlight bulbs installed on a 2009. Plug and play, no errors... no longer vastly inferior to HID IMO, although verdict is still out on longevity (2 year warranty at least). Plug and play though which is nice. Low beams only:

XoGmMWA.jpg
Vid: https://imgur.com/1rvd0ml

Sadly, based on the success in projectors I bought a set of 9005 Hikari's for the foglamps, and while the light output is simply amazing, the light is so out of focus that its splashing light everywhere like highbeams. So they have to go back, and I'm on the search for 6K fogs that can maintain the crisp cutoff of the factory incandescents.

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Sadly, based on the success in projectors I bought a set of 9005 Hikari's for the foglamps, and while the light output is simply amazing, the light is so out of focus that its splashing light everywhere like highbeams.

Did you have issues with the Hikari backing out of the housing? Mine keep backing out, no matter how I adjust them.

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you have issues with the Hikari backing out of the housing? Mine keep backing out, no matter how I adjust them.
Just checked, and nope the fogs are flush as far as they will go in. Because they are only held in by o-rings though, they can be wiggled slightly unlike the OEM incandescent.

I'm wondering if perhaps the problem is because the Hikari 2020's have that dome to try and create 360o of light, that too much light is being directed straight forward since it has no forward cap on the front. After all, the incandescent have a solid cap on the bulb to prevent light coming straight out the front of the bulb probably for that reason.

I'm going to return the Hikari 2020s in 9005 for the fog, and place an order for these Nineo IIs instead: https://www.amazon.com/NINEO-9005-Headlight-Bulbs-All/dp/B07JCSRS7H/

Supposedly the Nineo's do really well in reflector, and the Hikaris in projector, so we'll see. The Hikari Ultras might be an option too since they don't have that dome over the LEDs, but at nearly twice the price I'm not sure that's worth it for mere foglamps.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Sadly, based on the success in projectors I bought a set of 9005 Hikari's for the foglamps, and while the light output is simply amazing, the light is so out of focus that its splashing light everywhere like highbeams. So they have to go back, and I'm on the search for 6K fogs that can maintain the crisp cutoff of the factory incandescents.
Throwing light everywhere is why I switch over the the Morimoto XB fogs on mine. I had Opt7 LEDs in the fogs and they where like having another set of driving lights. The Morimotos are a projector style LED and keep all the light below the bumper level.
I'm considering switching to Rigid SAE fog pods as they street legal beam pattern and the output is awesome but $$$

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Throwing light everywhere is why I switch over the the Morimoto XB fogs on mine.
I do like those, but I don't think the reflector design is inherently problematic, as the incandescent factory bulbs produce a very nice cutoff on my truck and are even quite bright. Heck, if they weren't so yellow, I'd actually be fine with them, so here's hoping a LED that is a better match will work. They are scheduled to arrive Sunday for install.