PLug and play LED headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAM HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Instead of opening new thread for my question, is there anyone tried vleds headlight bulb?

zavaral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would recommend the headlights for sure. I love the way they look and how bright they are. The fog lights on the other hand. I think I just got the wrong bulb. From what I can see they are useless, but I haven't used them in actual fog. I just use them for looks.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I purchased 4 LED bulbs from Aliexpress, they're working pretty well and were plug and play in the fogs, and took a little finagling to fit in the lows. I did not better with the highs, I usually find I don't need the highs that often.

Here's a album with titles
very nice. Do you have links to the bulb you purchased or know the brand?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ruraldodge607

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ED
Thanks.

This is what I bought. Right now there's a link there for the most recent posting, for a while they didn't have them again. I saw a lot of similar bulbs on ebay but for about 2X more, if you don't mind waiting a 2-4 weeks to get them these look to be the same.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thanks.

This is what I bought. Right now there's a link there for the most recent posting, for a while they didn't have them again. I saw a lot of similar bulbs on ebay but for about 2X more, if you don't mind waiting a 2-4 weeks to get them these look to be the same.

Thanks, I just ordered them. For $44 I'll give it a try. The description says H8/H9/H11. I'm guessing they are all compatible? Did you ever select H11 in the checkout process?

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Thanks.

Aliexpress is a whole seller that sales stuff from Japan/China. That's why it takes so long to get them.

With your pics, I think the 09-12 fog lights throw of more light than the 13+.
Those look good though. There is a few around that price on ebay but of course they come from overseas.

ruraldodge607

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ED
Thanks, I just ordered them. For $44 I'll give it a try. The description says H8/H9/H11. I'm guessing they are all compatible? Did you ever select H11 in the checkout process?

When placing an order there's a way to drop the seller a note to say what bulb you need. I ordered two so I'm told one of each for the fogs and lows (forgot the numbers).

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
When placing an order there's a way to drop the seller a note to say what bulb you need. I ordered two so I'm told one of each for the fogs and lows (forgot the numbers).
Awesome! That's exactly what I did. Thanks for the reply! You prevented weeks of worrying about receiving the wrong bulb.

How long have you used these bulbs?

ruraldodge607

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ED
Awesome! That's exactly what I did. Thanks for the reply! You prevented weeks of worrying about receiving the wrong bulb.
How long have you used these bulbs?
Had them in since Mid-March. Pretty good so far, I have noticed at idle every so often one of the lights flickering but it's hard to see/notice. Once I hit the gas it stops.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Had them in since Mid-March. Pretty good so far, I have noticed at idle every so often one of the lights flickering but it's hard to see/notice. Once I hit the gas it stops.
Interesting, that sounds like you might benefit from the Big 3 audio upgrade (possibly). I'll post up my findings after I get them. Thanks again!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
You shouldn't have to worry about that with LEDs. They will run much cooler than halogens. If it's not too much to ask would you mind taking a picture in a place absent street lights, one with foglights on and one without?

So I need to correct this statement. After further research and following the links posted here, LED headlights actually put off a lot of heat.

I had never seen these OPT7 type bulbs before with fans and heatsinks. The bulb itself does not get hot, but the base of the units do. I'm wondering if this could actually be a good thing in a sealed enclosure assuming it doesn't damage it.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Recieved them in the mail today. Not bad for coming from China. I'll have an update as soon as it stops raining long enough for me to disassemble the front end to install these bulbs.

moledodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
DAT HEMIIIIIII 5.7
I'm actually not very impressed and will probably just go with the hid's

Jeff816

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
So are the LED bulbs a decent upgrade to the stock quad low beam headlights? I understand HIDs are better, at least in the opinion of a majority of this forum's members. Obviously adding a lightbar or other auxillary lights will increase output also. Are you happy with the LED buld as a low beam replacement on its own and is it an improvement when compared to the stock quad low beam?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So are the LED bulbs a decent upgrade to the stock quad low beam headlights? I understand HIDs are better, at least in the opinion of a majority of this forum's members. Obviously adding a lightbar or other auxillary lights will increase output also. Are you happy with the LED buld as a low beam replacement on its own and is it an improvement when compared to the stock quad low beam?
Here's my take on it. If you have a quad setup I would say go for LEDs in the low beams and leave halogens in the high beams. I say this because the kind of light that is put out by each is different. The led light is much "cleaner" and brighter then the factory bulbs and it's difficult to describe, but the light reflects back to you much better. It's almost as if the objects glow with their own light as opposed to the LEDs lighting them.

The perfect combination (to me) is running the foglights with brighter than factory halogens and get the best of both worlds. I have lamin-x yellow tint in my fogs to change their optics. For some reason, the human eye is much better at picking out detail (contrast) in low light situations with yellow light than it is with blue or white light. Don't believe it, but on a pair of yellow safety glasses and go for a ride at night sometime ( it's what I use on my motorcycle).

With no experience with HIDs, I will have to different to others opinions on those, but if I were a betting man, I would put my money on LEDs becoming the go to technology for automotive lighting and HIDs slowly losing favor.

zavaral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love the LEDs in my truck. The only issue i have is since i tinted my headlightsthey are dimmer than when i bought them. But still brighter than stock.
With out projectors in the lights, LEDs there suck.....a lot. They just scatter light. I agree a brighter halogen would perform much better.

For the money i would go with LEDs over HIDs. But im a huge LED fan.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

zavaral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So 2 months into using my LEDs.
13feda408164f1bc0c55038093126e8b.jpg

WTF!!!!!!!
I emaled OPT7 to look into a warranty. I was reading the instructions and they say due to the amount of air flow these lights need the dust cover is not recommended to be reinstalled. So im wondering if that cap made the light overheat and burn up like i initially thought. Tomorrow morning im putting in my OEM lights so i dont get pulled over since I work and mainly drive at night.

Still. A little miffed its burnt up.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
anyone try em on the 2015's?
The 2015s have a whole new set of complications when it comes to lighting modifications. If you are interested in upgrading I would consult with JJRetroShop before purchasing anything. He'll be able to point you towards what works and has most of what's needed on hand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357