power fold mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Disturbed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Hey lizardking that is the one on Rt. 309 buy the Target isn't it? I drive past there going to my daughters school alot. Maybe once I get all my stuff put on I could take it there to get one big flash of my pcm. Most dealers around here are lost in lower bucks.

Calvinmx48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone

Anyone get a Canadian (ontario) dealer to do this flash yet ??
My dealer is having a hard time understanding

shaner82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone get a Canadian (ontario) dealer to do this flash yet ??
My dealer is having a hard time understanding

I've completely given up on Canadian dealerships. They are staffed by people who have no clue what they're doing. I called several and asked for them to activate Nav on my 8.4a radio and they all said it can't be done. When I explained the process they quoted me a price of $99. Knowing that was too cheap, I asked them to look into it further and get back to me. They had to call head office or some regional rep just to figure out what to do even though I explained it to them.

I also asked about the parts for the fold flat floor. They didn't even know what that was and couldn't find the parts in their computers. I could go on with examples of their stupidity.

I have talked to a few US dealerships and they seem much more informed about our trucks.

I would gladly do this swap because I want power mirrors, but I don't have any faith in dealerships to be able to flash anything on these trucks. Most Canadian dealerships don't even know how to update the Uconnect system (been having problems with mine and asked them to update to the newest firmware and they looked at me like I was talking in Spanish).

A trained monkey could do what these guys at the dealership do. It's pathetic

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Calvinmx48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yessum

Ya that's what I'm finding
Although I have found all this information on this forum ( that is from an American dealer) they just won't listen to it or read it

shaner82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya that's what I'm finding
Although I have found all this information on this forum ( that is from an American dealer) they just won't listen to it or read it

No they really don't listen. I'm having problems with my Uconnect radio so I asked a few dealers to update it to the newest firmware that is known to fix some of the issues. They all told me they can't do it. I explained that of course they can as they often have to flash the computer when repairing our trucks. Then they suddenly came up with a $99 figure for them to do any kind of flashing of the trucks computer. Apparently it doesn't matter that I'm having problems, according to them it's $99 to do any updates or flash.

I called an American dealership and he said if I'm having problems it's a warranty issue and to bring it down and he would update the Uconnect for me.

So if any Canadians decide to go through with this, be prepared to take your truck to the US to get them to flash the computer. The service guys up here are uneducated and refuse to consider that perhaps customers know what they're talking about.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

lears

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
Have 2014 need to swap out chrome tow mirrors for chrome power folding mirrors. Dealer can't figure which part due to ambient sensor in tow mirror causes check engine light when swapped
vinEG175409

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
any idea on where I can find some true blue power folding side mirrors with puddle lamps that won't cost me $1000 USD? Having no luck so far.

jasonLmarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So can this be done on a 09-12 RAM?
Old post, I know... But to answer your question, Yes. I just added 2013 power folding mirrors to my 2011. It's really very easy if you don't mind running a little wire and adding a switch somewhere on your door or dash. I put mine on the side of the steering column right near the adjustable pedals button.

yodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500 hemi
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can 2012 passenger chrome tow mirror work on a 2013 ram? I know the driver side has a ambient temp sensor which I accounted for but did they change anything with the passenger side from 12-13?

jasonLmarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can use any 09-14 mirror on the passenger side, but if the new mirror has more features than the one you remove, you will only get the features you had before the swap.

yodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500 hemi
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can use any 09-14 mirror on the passenger side, but if the new mirror has more features than the one you remove, you will only get the features you had before the swap.

Thank you for the reply. As far as features go that's only Unless you get It Flashed correct?

jasonLmarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That depends upon the modules in the doors. If your original modules have the programming for the potential new feature, then yea, you just need a flash.

yodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500 hemi
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That depends upon the modules in the doors. If your original modules have the programming for the potential new feature, then yea, you just need a flash.

I'm hoping my express has the wiring for the puddle and turn signal lights. Otherwise that is the only Function my current mirrors do not have.

rocky472

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Adding to the thread.

I have successfully upgraded my 2011 and got the power folding mirrors to work. From what I can tell the 09-12 door modules never had the capability to use the feature. They are missing the pins in the connector. What I ended up using were modules from a Grand Cherokee, mirrors from a 2014 Laramie and a 2013-15 style window switch. Additionally I had to send my TIPM away from reprogramming. No new options show up on the EVIC but the mirrors will fold/unfold with key on. If anyone is interested I can post P/N's for the modules I used.

The backlighting color in the new switch was blue. I was able to swap the PCB from my current switch and retain my green backlighting. The old switch has the internal contact and software logic but the button is nonoperable.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Adding to the thread.

I have successfully upgraded my 2011 and got the power folding mirrors to work. From what I can tell the 09-12 door modules never had the capability to use the feature. They are missing the pins in the connector. What I ended up using were modules from a Grand Cherokee, mirrors from a 2014 Laramie and a 2013-15 style window switch. Additionally I had to send my TIPM away from reprogramming. No new options show up on the EVIC but the mirrors will fold/unfold with key on. If anyone is interested I can post P/N's for the modules I used.

The backlighting color in the new switch was blue. I was able to swap the PCB from my current switch and retain my green backlighting. The old switch has the internal contact and software logic but the button is nonoperable.

Where did you send the TIPM to get programmed?

jasonLmarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Adding to the thread.

This is awesome info! Anyone looking to add power fold and stay on the cheap, you can skip all the door modules, switches and programming. You can add a toggle switch wired to the mirrors as I did. This allows you to open/close the mirrors and stop them anywhere in between. Then if you want one-touch open/close, you add a $20 power window roll up module like they use on high end alarm systems.

RAMeister

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Adding to the thread.

I'd be interested in the details. I'd really like to convert my 2011 with the towing mirrors. TIA