power fold mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rocky472

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Service parts I ordered:

MODULE. Left. Door. 04602911AK
MODULE. Right. Door. 04602910AK
SWITCH-FRONT DOOR 68148895AA (2 door version)
Pair Chrome mirrors from a 2014 Laramie (used)

The cost for the modules was $36 each.
The switch was $55

The drivers door switch is for a 2door std. cab. If you have a 4 door you will need a different part. I purchased the mirrors from eBay. The seller was Highway Auto Parts in Roseville, MI. The pair cost about $445. They are local to me and I have used them for other components. Never had a bad experience.

You must get your TIPM reprogrammed for the feature to work.

jasonLmarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd be interested in the details. I'd really like to convert my 2011 with the towing mirrors. TIA
Are you ready to give up your towing mirrors? To my knowledge there are no towing mirrors with power fold option available yet. I had to switch from the Tows to get this option on my 2011 Ram... boo

Links

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered 2015 Sport with all the bells and whistles including trailer tow mirror pkg not thinking about the mirrors being Big and Not Power Folding. I have decided to order the factory "Sport Body Color" power folding mirrors but before I do, What do I need besides the mirrors and the door switch panel? The tow mirrors are heated with the puddle lamp and I believe turn signal so I am hoping its a bolt on swap. Anyone with info would be Greatly Appreciated.

Thanks

jasonLmarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered 2015 Sport with all the bells and whistles including trailer tow mirror pkg not thinking about the mirrors being Big and Not Power Folding. I have decided to order the factory "Sport Body Color" power folding mirrors but before I do, What do I need besides the mirrors and the door switch panel? The tow mirrors are heated with the puddle lamp and I believe turn signal so I am hoping its a bolt on swap. Anyone with info would be Greatly Appreciated.

Thanks
You might need door modules and/or a programming change. Your current modules are already setup for the heat and lights, so those will automatically work, but they might (or might not) be setup for power-fold. One way to know is to check the module and see if it's pinned for the power-fold wiring, there's just 2 pins on each door module for this, but I can't remember exactly which ones (those dont exist in my truck). Your new mirror plugs will have 2 extra wires that dont exist in your current mirror plugs. I believe they were yellow & blue. Check the module in those positions to see if there are existing pins that would line up with those wires.

Links

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cool, Anyone want tow mirrors? Truck has 175 miles on it. I would say they are Like New. VIN LAST 8...FS579923

hangac1093

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thanks

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it will not work. I just went through this. Here is what went down. The dealer accidentally ordered my truck with tow mirrors. So they said no problem we will just swap out mirrors for you. They put the mirrors, door module, and door switch on it and then needed to flash it with the correct sales code to allow the power folding. But the truck will not except the sales code. They tried everything for me and then gave me the choice of ordering another truck, which I did. It was a long process but I am happy I waited. Good luck.

Links

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is your truck the Sport model? I may be wrong but I was told the Sport comes std with the power mirrors and I am being told because of this it is already programed and wired for the folders. Thanks

hangac1093

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes mine is a Sport. And the wiring is all there because power folding is a standard option on the Sports. But in order to allow the power folding, it needs the correct sales code flashed. And my dealer tried everything, but the truck wouldn't accept it. Maybe they were doing something wrong, but I doubt it, because there weren't exactly enthused about ordering another $52k truck.

93stpd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo Diesel
Ok, so I'm picking up my 2014 Ram 2500 diesel on Monday. Dodge Dealer said I can't put tow mirrors on because it will mess up the computer. ( I find that hard to believe). It has a sales code of GT6 and a part number of 6814786AH and 68147863 AH. This is my first 2500. I've always had 1500. What should I do?
PS I'm new to the forum so please be gentle.

Links

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, so I'm picking up my 2014 Ram 2500 diesel on Monday. Dodge Dealer said I can't put tow mirrors on because it will mess up the computer. ( I find that hard to believe). It has a sales code of GT6 and a part number of 6814786AH and 68147863 AH. This is my first 2500. I've always had 1500. What should I do?

My tow mirrors will be for sale as soon as my folding sports come in.

Links

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking for tow mirrors that will fit on my 2014 Ram 2500 with current power mirrors. What are you asking?

All I can tell you is they are off a 2015 Ram, heated with puddle lamps and turn signals. With all this back and forth about what works and what doesnt, You buy them as is, Your on your own. The truck has 248 miles on it and has been sitting in the garage. They are just like new. Make me a offer.

jasonLmarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are full of crap. You can change out the mirrors without issue. If the new mirrors have the same features as your original mirrors, those features will continue to work. If your new mirrors have more features than the original mirrors, then the extra features may not work without some programming (and possibly replacement of the door modules). Be sure the new mirrors you install have the temperature probe on the drivers side mirror.

Links

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Whats Retail price on heated tow mirrors with puddle lamps and turn signals ?

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
I'd trade my tow mirrors for mirrors with turn signals/puddle lights for my 2014 1500.

corey0928

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Anyone know where to get a cheap set of stock mirrors, heated power with puddle and turn signals? I just need the right side and got outbid on eBay with 5 seconds left. I don't want to spend $500 for one mirror

chrisjohn09

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Auto power folding?

Hey guys,

I read through most of the threads and didnt see anything about the power folding mirrors being automatic...meaning instead of manually pushing the button by the mirror adjustment buttons, is there a way of controlling them so when you lock and unlock your truck the mirrors would fold in or out?

I mean this guy made it work somehow but these are custom made mirrors.

Has anyone attemped this with the oem style ones?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9hpXROXhsg0

jasonLmarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys,

I read through most of the threads and didnt see anything about the power folding mirrors being automatic...meaning instead of manually pushing the button by the mirror adjustment buttons, is there a way of controlling them so when you lock and unlock your truck the mirrors would fold in or out?

I mean this guy made it work somehow but these are custom made mirrors.

Has anyone attemped this with the oem style ones?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9hpXROXhsg0
There's really no scenario where that's a good idea. Maybe if you have a show car that only sees the inside of a trailer and car shows. You don't want the mirrors automatically open/closing every time the doors lock and unlock.
Anyone know where to get a cheap set of stock mirrors, heated power with puddle and turn signals? I just need the right side and got outbid on eBay with 5 seconds left. I don't want to spend $500 for one mirror
try Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market