power fold mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TW15TD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Did you read siruls experience on page 5 of this thread? I am doing the same thing switch from tow to regular size power folding, I printed siruls post along with the invoice from the dealer. I will be showing it to service manger at my local dealer when I get everything installed. Just a thought.
I will post my outcome once its done. probably in 2 weeks. I finally found 2 mirrors at good price but one was damaged in transit. Looking for one now or someone that can repair it (plastic trim cracked)
I did. I referenced the post in detail with the dealer and RAM Bodybuilder engineering. I've talked to customer service many times. I've spent 30 hours in the phone. Everyone says it can be done but no one will do it for fear of losing their job. The engineer in Michigan said he spoke with one of the fleet engineers from Texas that did this back in 2014. He was not willing to do it again.

If you are able to pull this off please let me know. I'll do whatever I need to get this handled.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Pace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did. I referenced the post in detail with the dealer and RAM Bodybuilder engineering. I've talked to customer service many times. I've spent 30 hours in the phone. Everyone says it can be done but no one will do it for fear of losing their job. The engineer in Michigan said he spoke with one of the fleet engineers from Texas that did this back in 2014. He was not willing to do it again.

If you are able to pull this off please let me know. I'll do whatever I need to get this handled.

What area are you in?

Pace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm in Maine.

Nice, love Maine. I am in Ontario, I'll post as soon as get them on and let everyone know what happened, good or bad.

TW15TD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I have a 2011 With 2014 mirrors. I didn't want to spend the money on the modules and switch then find out later that they wouldn't be able to program it into my truck. so I took the safer and cheaper route and just wired them up myself.
Jason, do you think it's possible to wire them to the OEM switch? Just wondering if there might be a way to wire it directly to that switch similar to how you wired it.

bhfear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2013 Ram Outdoorsman, It came with lighted/turn signal mirrors, I swapped those mirrors for ones with power fold. bought new mirrors & new door modules/switch, I have taken the truck to two different ram dealers, one small one, and a very large dealer, Both gave up trying to add sales codes. The larger dealer contacted chrysler and said they cant do anything apparently. They Tried all the sales codes available apparently. LER code was never an option. I see that code being used alot on the forums. I am out of ideas at this point. If anyone has any ideas let me know. Just sharing my experience with a 2013, My truck came with, Manual fold tow mirrors, with Puddle, ambient temp, turn. I also printed out the thread Sirul stated on page 5 and brought that to the dealer with me.

Part Numbers Added to Truck to Add power fold:

New LH Door Module Installed: 68155773AB
Original Removed p/n: 68155771AD

New RH Door Module Installed: 68155772AB
Original Removed p/n: 68155770AD

New Driver Door Switch Installed: 68110867AB
Switch Removed p/n: 68110866AD

New LH Mirror Installed: 68231241AA
New RH Mirror Installed: 68231240AA

VIN: 1C6RR7GT5DS623797

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2013 Ram Outdoorsman, It came with lighted/turn signal mirrors, I swapped those mirrors for ones with power fold. bought new mirrors & new door modules/switch, I have taken the truck to two different ram dealers, one small one, and a very large dealer, Both gave up trying to add sales codes. The larger dealer contacted chrysler and said they cant do anything apparently. They Tried all the sales codes available apparently. LER code was never an option. I see that code being used alot on the forums. I am out of ideas at this point. If anyone has any ideas let me know. Just sharing my experience with a 2013, My truck came with, Manual fold tow mirrors, with Puddle, ambient temp, turn. I also printed out the thread Sirul stated on page 5 and brought that to the dealer with me.

Part Numbers Added to Truck to Add power fold:

New LH Door Module Installed: 68155773AB
Original Removed p/n: 68155771AD

New RH Door Module Installed: 68155772AB
Original Removed p/n: 68155770AD

New Driver Door Switch Installed: 68110867AB
Switch Removed p/n: 68110866AD

New LH Mirror Installed: 68231241AA
New RH Mirror Installed: 68231240AA

VIN: 1C6RR7GT5DS623797

IM going to attempt to do this on my truck. It has been done before so I am going to try to do it.

So I seen those modules that you bought.
But I called a dealer on monday with a VIN off a 14 Ram R/T and they gave me these numbers for the modules,
Module Left: 68225103AC
Module Right: 68225102AC

any idea what these are for?

Thanks

TW15TD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I decided to order the harness from 1A Auto to add the switch. I'm trying to figure out if it will connect to the OEM mirrors because 1A Auto has their mirrors in production with no idea of when they might be in stock.

Here is the wiring diagram that came with the harness.

IMG_20160406_203015.jpg

TW15TD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
The 1A Auto wiring harness is not plug and play with the OEM power folding tow mirrors.

Not sure what to do now. Back to square one.

rocky472

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There are 2 wires in the mirror harness the power the power fold motors. Reversing the polarity changes the fold vs unfold function. The 1A harness may work but will require rewiring. Their switch probably senses the stall current in the motors and turns off. I have seen postings on the Jeep forums where someone added a momentary contact switch. I tried the to add power folding mirrors to my 2015 Grand Cherokee and got shut out by FCA. Spent a lot of money and got nothing in return.

TW15TD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
There are 2 wires in the mirror harness the power the power fold motors. Reversing the polarity changes the fold vs unfold function. The 1A harness may work but will require rewiring. Their switch probably senses the stall current in the motors and turns off. I have seen postings on the Jeep forums where someone added a momentary contact switch. I tried the to add power folding mirrors to my 2015 Grand Cherokee and got shut out by FCA. Spent a lot of money and got nothing in return.
The switch is either on or off. My guess is the motor shuts off once the mirror is completely open or closed. I've seen a couple threads where someone added a switch to the mirrors and it works. I'm waiting on someone on another thread to post pics of how he made it work.

Pace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Bad news, I could not get the power folds to work, They (my dealer) tried everything to make them work, I showed them Siruls post on page 5, they also called dealer tech support for me. Bottom line is only an engineer can do it, the dealers do not have complete access to the computer. And they have no idea how to get me an engineer to look at it. the mechanic working on my truck said in all the years he has been at the dealership they have never had an engineer come around.
It is dumbfounding that they have no easy fix for this, I never would have bought this truck if I knew this beforehand. Who would have thought? totally defies common sense, even my build sheet says standard equipment is "power folding mirrors" then further down it says tow mirrors as changed option.
Obviously Ram/ Chrysler have realized the issue, 2015 and up they have a fix or kit or something so guys can change mirrors anything before 2015 we are out of luck, unless you know a hacker or engineer, Siruls got lucky by the sounds of things.

I am now going to start research at wiring them on another switch so if anyone has any info on that please let me know.

Pace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The switch is either on or off. My guess is the motor shuts off once the mirror is completely open or closed. I've seen a couple threads where someone added a switch to the mirrors and it works. I'm waiting on someone on another thread to post pics of how he made it work.

Please update me if you get them to work.
Thx

TW15TD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Please update me if you get them to work.
Thx
Another forum member already has them working by wiring them with a dpdt switch. I'm working on the same solution now. Seems pretty simple. I'll link that thread when I get home.

Pace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another forum member already has them working by wiring them with a dpdt switch. I'm working on the same solution now. Seems pretty simple. I'll link that thread when I get home.

Thanks!

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
Obviously Ram/ Chrysler have realized the issue, 2015 and up they have a fix or kit or something so guys can change mirrors.....

Where did You hear this?

Pace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where did You hear this?

My dealer here in Brampton Ontario, He spent a lot of time speaking to tech support trying to figure this out for me, when I was picking mine up he told me that they have a fix or kit or something they can order for 2015's. I did not ask anymore about it as it did not help me.

TW15TD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Thanks again, sounds like the way to go, even better than factory, wish I wouldn't have spent all that money on modules and at the dealer.
I personally would like it as it should have been from the factory but it is what it is. As long as I can get it to work I'll be fine. Just need the switches.