Power steering not working right 2014 6.7L 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

us1985mc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
This is my first post. I just got a used 6.7L 2500, 145k miles. I feel like I have two issues with the steering right now:

1. I’ve noticed that the steering seems to be loose going dow the road, it will be fine then the slightest bump/dip it veers off course.

2. The second is while turning, when I turn the wheel to either side, it feels like the power steering is turning off or almost fighting me to go the other way. Happens at all speeds. But even in a long turn in order to correct a turn it almost feels like I have to break the steering free to get some correction in the other direction.

I really appreciate any advice about this.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Might want to look into a steering box brace, might help with the wandering. As for the actual steering, you may need to do a steering angle reset. Shops may have done an alignment and not performed one.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Internet flopped while posting, sorry for the double post

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It almost sounds like a failed (seized) ball joint. I would check it out right away w/o driving it anymore. Check out the intermediate steering shaft, and other recommendations (suggested by others, above).

Last edited: