Power train warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shmelton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So 2 days ago I hear my my driver side rear brake squalling on my 2016 2500 Cummins at the same time the ABS light and traction control light cane on. This all happens as I’m passing my brake/tire shop. I pulled in and noticed what I thought was brake fluid all around the rim and wheel well. The tech I deal with thought the same so he put her on the rack to diagnose, and figured out the leak was the rear seal. Long story short I got it towed to the Dodge deal in my home town, and the wheel bearing, seal, 4wd actuator, abs sensor, and a few other parts I can’t remember are going to have to be replaced.

I am being told all of this is covered under the power train, but the ABS sensor. If the exploded wheel bearing, and by exploded I mean nothing but the outer cage was left when the hub was pulled off, was the culprit of all of these problems shouldn’t the ABS sensor be covered under warranty to since it was collateral damage?

My share is only $200, but I paid my tire guy $119.00 for taking everything apart, and putting it back together. I also paid $150 tow so to get it to the dealer. Now I have to pay another $200 for a part that wouldn’t have broke if the wheel bearing hadn’t gone bad. All of that adds up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8732cuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So 2 days ago I hear my my driver side rear brake squalling on my 2016 2500 Cummins at the same time the ABS light and traction control light cane on. This all happens as I’m passing my brake/tire shop. I pulled in and noticed what I thought was brake fluid all around the rim and wheel well. The tech I deal with thought the same so he put her on the rack to diagnose, and figured out the leak was the rear seal. Long story short I got it towed to the Dodge deal in my home town, and the wheel bearing, seal, 4wd actuator, abs sensor, and a few other parts I can’t remember are going to have to be replaced.

I am being told all of this is covered under the power train, but the ABS sensor. If the exploded wheel bearing, and by exploded I mean nothing but the outer cage was left when the hub was pulled off, was the culprit of all of these problems shouldn’t the ABS sensor be covered under warranty to since it was collateral damage?

My share is only $200, but I paid my tire guy $119.00 for taking everything apart, and putting it back together. I also paid $150 tow so to get it to the dealer. Now I have to pay another $200 for a part that wouldn’t have broke if the wheel bearing hadn’t gone bad. All of that adds up.

Escalate the problem to Ram the they should fix it for you. Hell the service manager should step in, did you complain

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

shmelton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I called RAM and they weren’t to helpful. I pretty much the same answer I got from the dealer. I’ll try to get in touch with the service manager.

OP
OP
S

shmelton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Went to pick up my loaner, and had a face to face with the service advisor. She said she understood my side and would take it up the ladder. We will see.