Power Wagon 18’ or 19’!!??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, I don't see the difference in badging or the difference in the back people are talking about, except of course of the tail lights.

Although subtle, the back is completely different. Taillights, tailgate, and bumper are all different.

And with just a few millimeters of lift, I wouldn't count on much of an approach angle upgrade.

OP
OP
C

Chris76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is better to ask for forgiveness then permission?!
I’m not a marriage counselor (though I made it 15 years so far) but that has been my approach on vehicle purchases. “I work hard” Is what I tell her.
Even if you find a cheaper used one, I say go for it! I’m coming from a Raptor and I have 0 regrets.
Wow!! Raptor to PW!! Tell me more!! I get it two totally different trucks.. do you care to elaborate why? I’m curious

OP
OP
C

Chris76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I posted a new thread this morning to include GPM in my adventure to the mountains this weekend. If you have not made up your mind, follow my tread this next 7 days and I will keep you informed.
Link?

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Wow!! Raptor to PW!! Tell me more!! I get it two totally different trucks.. do you care to elaborate why? I’m curious
The Raptor was my first love. It came out in 2010 and their was not a lot of them on the road so when I saw one :banana-mario: it made me dream. I was 27 and just bought my first home and was driving a TJ. I flipped 3 houses and was able to afford my first one. I chose the 13. I dove it till 120k and wanted a new one but they all went to the ecoboost and drop the 6.2 option. I started looking for a bigger truck and came across the Tremor (Ford f250 ) saw a video comparing it to a 19 PW and I was hooked. My wife has a Durango with the 5.7 and it is a beast, so bigger is better right? This can be a very long reply...it’s your thread so ask more or less and I will feel you in. Gpm was the same but the Raptor governor let you go 110 as opposed to the 97 with the PW ( y’all try to refrain from betting me up over the danger and recklessness of those speeds please)

B3C86903-7CBB-4E7D-A817-66AFB54CB0DB.jpeg

F1EAC133-091D-4199-9736-1E4B0C53A86F.jpeg

6024CE3F-BE6A-45FD-A8AB-AED3591DC0EB.jpeg

5D92CA9F-CCFC-46F9-B0F7-3902F67CC4BA.jpeg

DAF951A0-8A60-43E7-8186-6C2E7A4447F9.jpeg

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is better to ask for forgiveness then permission?!
I’m not a marriage counselor (though I made it 15 years so far) but that has been my approach on vehicle purchases. “I work hard” Is what I tell her.
Even if you find a cheaper used one, I say go for it! I’m coming from a Raptor and I have 0 regrets.
It is indeed, though she makes just as much as I do (which is NICE!) so I try to pick my battles. I’ll have my PW sooner or later, pretty stoked they finally put the 8spd behind the 6.4. I honestly prefer the 19, it’s essentially a 4th gen with a 5th gen front interior and front body work so it not totally new. I’m a big fan of the 4th gens.

Last edited:

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
It is indeed, though she makes just as much as I do (which is NICE!) so I try to pick my battles. I’ll have my PW sooner or later, pretty stocked they finally put the 8spd behind the 6.4. I honestly prefer the 19, it’s essentially a 4th gen with a 5th gen front interior and front body work so it not totally new. I’m a big fan of the 4th gens.
Haha. My wife is a stay at home mom with my 3 boys so that could be the difference on why I did not sleep on the couch when I came home with the new PW

The sun roof is lame in my PW. I understood that the 1/2 tons have the full ones that Ford has had out since 2015. I love to open all the windows and sunroof in the 2 nice months we have in east Texas so I opted to get one again but if you are 6’2 plus and riding in the back seat, the sunroof impends on your head room. I’m considering a roof rack too so I’m 2nd guessing my decision on the sun roof. I’m heading to the smoky mountains and will be there in 7 hours so I might need to repost if it is not raining and I can open it.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
...Gpm was the same but the Raptor governor let you go 110 as opposed to the 97 with the PW ( y’all try to refrain from betting me up over the danger and recklessness of those speeds...

Trailmaker,

You might want to reverify that the governor on the PW is 97. Truck length in Wyoming can be legally with permits up to 120 feet and those triple trailers rigs are common out here. That is super long to pass. In passing two 120 feet rigs back to back I exceeded into the triple digits the 97 MPH with my 2016 PW. Speed limits near here are 80 MPH.

My 1998 Chevrolet K1500 has a 98 MPH governor and it will leave you out with the on coming traffic quickly approaching. Its fuel pump will shut off the engine when passing at just 18 MPH above the posted speed limit. That I can verify to. It still has brown stains on the passenger seat from the day the speed governor kicked in.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/any-idea-of-top-speed.64070/

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Trailmaker,

You might want to reverify that the governor on the PW is 97. Truck length in Wyoming can be legally with permits up to 120 feet and those triple trailers rigs are common out here. That is super long to pass. In passing two 120 feet rigs back to back I exceeded into the triple digits the 97 MPH with my 2016 PW. Speed limits near here are 80 MPH.

My 1998 Chevrolet K1500 has a 98 MPH governor and it will leave you out with the on coming traffic quickly approaching. Its fuel pump will shut off the engine when passing at just 18 MPH above the posted speed limit. That I can verify to. It still has brown stains on the passenger seat from the day the speed governor kicked in.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/any-idea-of-top-speed.64070/
I peg the limiter at least once a week. A governor my not be the correct word for what I’m trying to convey but my buddy with a 18 said it’s the same speed limiter on his PW he now has 35” tires so it’s 107 or something like that.
Definitely need the Tazer!

OP
OP
C

Chris76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Raptor was my first love. It came out in 2010 and their was not a lot of them on the road so when I saw one :banana-mario: it made me dream. I was 27 and just bought my first home and was driving a TJ. I flipped 3 houses and was able to afford my first one. I chose the 13. I dove it till 120k and wanted a new one but they all went to the ecoboost and drop the 6.2 option. I started looking for a bigger truck and came across the Tremor (Ford f250 ) saw a video comparing it to a 19 PW and I was hooked. My wife has a Durango with the 5.7 and it is a beast, so bigger is better right? This can be a very long reply...it’s your thread so ask more or less and I will feel you in. Gpm was the same but the Raptor governor let you go 110 as opposed to the 97 with the PW ( y’all try to refrain from betting me up over the danger and recklessness of those speeds please)

View attachment 179389

View attachment 179390

View attachment 179391

View attachment 179392

View attachment 179393
Thanks for the info.. really been sweating PWs lately.. been shopping around & kicking tires.. i absolutely love it.. it’s honestly more appealing to me than a raptor (although I’ve never owned one) for a number of reasons:

1. V8 naturally aspirated too
2. Solid front axle (no CVs to break)
3. Aesthetics (subjective I know)
4. Solid boxed 3/4 ton frame
5. Normal PW stuff (lockers & sway)
6. it’s just a sexy beast through and through

Based on what I’ve read in this thread I’ll more than likely wait till i can get a deal on a 19’ probably have to wait till the 2020s are released..

Thanks for the input all

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Thanks for the info.. really been sweating PWs lately.. been shopping around & kicking tires.. i absolutely love it.. it’s honestly more appealing to me than a raptor (although I’ve never owned one) for a number of reasons:

1. V8 naturally aspirated too
2. Solid front axle (no CVs to break)
3. Aesthetics (subjective I know)
4. Solid boxed 3/4 ton frame
5. Normal PW stuff (lockers & sway)
6. it’s just a sexy beast through and through

Based on what I’ve read in this thread I’ll more than likely wait till i can get a deal on a 19’ probably have to wait till the 2020s are released..

Thanks for the input all
Yes sir glad I could help, though you might be waiting till March for the 2020 to hit the lot my source told me. Most states did not see the 19 till March and April.

OP
OP
C

Chris76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes sir glad I could help, though you might be waiting till March for the 2020 to hit the lot my source told me. Most states did not see the 19 till March and April.
March & April it is then. I knew the 19s got there late

HM_SanDiego

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Hydro/Laser Blue CC Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What did you pay?? I’m looking at one now for 51k$ sticker is 62k$

Honestly you should be able to get it close to $50k out the door, depending on what your sales tax is, on a left over 2018 Ram.

If you like that particular truck I would be hard nosed with em - $46.5 + tax

Go get em!

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
That sounds about right. Glad that the Power Wagon has enough power and speed to pass these big rigs when it's needed.

View attachment 179421
Wow. I have never seen that on the road before... yes the little eco sign disappears when you take the skinny pedal to the floor, but your smile does not go anywhere!!

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Wow. I have never seen that on the road before... yes the little eco sign disappears when you take the skinny pedal to the floor, but your smile does not go anywhere!!
When one of those trailers drifts over into your lane you take the fat pedal to the floor too.

Last edited:

Yukonbill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Guys I’m debating on selling my built Tacoma in and joining the mopar clan!! Im trying to steal a leftover 18’ off of a dealers lot.. There are quite a few left over in my area.. that being said, I’m hearing a lot of chatter about the 19s with the ZF trans!! I am not one to buy anything on in its first year (usually wait a couple years for them to iron the bugs out) question is: what’s the consensus on the new ones?? Should i wait a few moths and get a leftover 19’ or try to scoop up an 18’ on the cheap?? I’m leaning towards the 18’ b/c that configuration has been around for a bit.. anyways lemme Mukknow

Thanks
Mile High Dodge In Christiansburg VA has and awesome deal on 2018 Dodge Ram 2500 under $60,000. If I was in the market for a 2500 I’d jump on that deal. Beautiful Truck. I’m waiting until 2020 3500 hit the dealers.