Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigTxPowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm the proud owner of a new Power Wagon. Wanted to know what you guys are using to clean/wax/seal your decals.

I've read some guys use spray-on wax and not to use paste wax. How about the Adams VRT cleaner?

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Honestly, I would only use Adams Detail Spray on it and call it a day. You get gentle cleaning, nice lubrication and a shiny finish.

m25443

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Either spray on or paste/liquid/semi-solid wax should work just fine. The spray on will probably have less build up around the edge of the decal. When I took my decals off the 2015 PW I bought used there was a definite build up of wax around the edges of the decal. Part of the slight ridge that remained around the edges of where the decal had been were probably adhesive from when they were put on, but some areas had more buildup than others, which led me to believe it was residual wax build up around those edges. Spray was would have less of that issue. If you plan to leave the stickers on forever, I', mot sure it makes any difference.

-Mike

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I cleaned my 2016 "graphics package" one time the day I took her home and it still looks great today. I used a plastic razor blade. Took me a minute and my fingers hurt but it was worth it. I had to, she looked like a cheap ****** with the splash graphic covering up her granite crystal metallic skin tone.
Your graphics are worth caring for, mine were worth removing. be2a52b775154b760a5590f625debc82.jpg

2016 RAM 2500 pw | 392ci w 6spd | CAI w ARH long tubes & Solo | Diablo T2 w HF tune | 5.13 AAM w 35" Mickey MTs | Custom Graphics w illegal tint | Dodge Off-Road

Last edited:

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
My 2016 PW had the name spelled out in
red hot flames on the rear tailgate. I removed it.

Last edited:

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
My 2016 PW had the name spelled out in
red hot flames on the rear tailgate. I removed it.
Yeah, I'll admit I left mine on my tailgate an extra 30 days or so but only because my wife called it a ***** stamp. How does one remove the last ***** stamp that'll ever be in one's garage? But in the end, ugly ass graphic won the decision and the ***** stamp came down.

The dealership was all shocked when the they saw the "flame delete" job, and when I walked in they were all saying " you removed the graphics package".
Um, is that what you call it?

2016 RAM 2500 pw | 392ci w 6spd | CAI w ARH long tubes & Solo | Diablo T2 w HF tune | 5.13 AAM w 35" Mickey MTs | Custom Graphics w illegal tint | Dodge Off-Road

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
I'm rebooting this thread for a couple of reasons. Firstly, a product I've used that doesn't build up on the edge of decals, or discolor plastics is Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish (G18309). The stuff is an aerosol that literally is wipe on, wipe off. Not really durable, but very fast and easy.

Now the second reason is I'm looking for thoughts on whether or not to strip all the decals off. I just spent the day cleaning and detailing mine (Granite Crystal) and I found the edges of the decals are a potential eyesore. They were trapping bits of clay bar and making white strips along the decals. Not a good look on a dark paint job. I was planning to use NuFinish because it's so durable, but scratched that idea as soon as I saw what the decals were doing with the clay. I'm sure NuFinish would leave a bunch of white chalky edges.

On the dark gray metallic, the decals are barely visible anyway... so I'm thinking of peeling them all off. What say ye? How many people are peeling the decals, or ordering trucks without them?

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I'm rebooting this thread for a couple of reasons. Firstly, a product I've used that doesn't build up on the edge of decals, or discolor plastics is Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish (G18309). The stuff is an aerosol that literally is wipe on, wipe off. Not really durable, but very fast and easy.

Now the second reason is I'm looking for thoughts on whether or not to strip all the decals off. I just spent the day cleaning and detailing mine (Granite Crystal) and I found the edges of the decals are a potential eyesore. They were trapping bits of clay bar and making white strips along the decals. Not a good look on a dark paint job. I was planning to use NuFinish because it's so durable, but scratched that idea as soon as I saw what the decals were doing with the clay. I'm sure NuFinish would leave a bunch of white chalky edges.

On the dark gray metallic, the decals are barely visible anyway... so I'm thinking of peeling them all off. What say ye? How many people are peeling the decals, or ordering trucks without them?
Pictures??

I like mine. I think it looks really good on a black truck too.

4A6DA4DF-C316-4E57-8C66-B41A2D4B0A5E.jpeg

1CF6299F-BC12-49BC-877E-214CCE700506.jpeg

6F0FEB93-9177-4871-8792-C7C9CB8EF615.jpeg

HB hellcat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I debadge and remove the graphics from all of my vehicles. I think it makes them easier to clean as well as cleans up the overall look.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Pictures??

I like mine. I think it looks really good on a black truck too.

Agreed, especially on a black truck. I've had people come up and ask what all I've done to it, and I just tell them 'nothing' and point to the badge that they didn't even see at first.

The black on black doesn't stand out until you notice it, and I love subtlety.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Heres pics of a granite one with the all black wheels and no graphics...

D498CA8B-4838-4978-AC36-A68F78FC8140.jpeg

B9E40289-1CB2-4695-8A0E-CF9CD6B441E6.jpeg

02A9BEA0-E32E-4B76-A9E9-D138158514B0.jpeg

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Heres pics of a granite one with the all black wheels and no graphics...

Hey, thanks to you and to @Trailmaker for sharing those pictures. I have a hard time visualizing what a change will look like without actually seeing it. Those pics have convinced me to keep the decals intact. I'll just stay away from waxes that leave white deposits. I've been considering the ceramics, which seem to be all the rage these days, but I'm not yet convinced. Mainly because there's no undo button on that process.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey, thanks to you and to @Trailmaker for sharing those pictures. I have a hard time visualizing what a change will look like without actually seeing it. Those pics have convinced me to keep the decals intact. I'll just stay away from waxes that leave white deposits. I've been considering the ceramics, which seem to be all the rage these days, but I'm not yet convinced. Mainly because there's no undo button on that process.

you dont want an undo process. Thats why they are so durable.

Just gotta make absolute sure the paint is ready and its done right!

Rated R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
On and around the decals I've been using Meguiars Ultimate wax and Meguiars newer ceramic spray wax. Neither leave any white residue.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
High five!

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The '17 and newer graphic packages are much more subtle than the crazy flame/splash on the '13-'16 models that cover the entire bedside. I have a white '16 that has the flames on the bed sides removed but still have the Power Wagon along the sides and flame tailgate decal. Definitely planning on removing the tailgate decal and would like to replace it with a normal black Power Wagon version. Still debating on the side Power Wagon decals. I personally like the '17 and newer style much better but found a great deal on a '16 that I couldn't pass up.

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
^^^^^^What he said. Here's a granite Crystal metallic w 2016 decals, and the same truck with that crap removed, and chrome delete.

It seemed to lack being "edgy" of any sort with nothing but badges even tho it has two tone paint. So I did the subtle graphics with similar color but different finish. So the vinyl is matte and truck is original gloss. Sometimes you can't even see it.

I like something on the bed surface covered, just not with the world's ugliest splash or flame. if I had a '17 or newer I wouldn't have touched the bed graphic, at least not nearly as fast as I did.

Same truck below in all 4 pics, crazy difference.

Oh key point - mine was done before the '17 was out. Basically I didn't poach the blackout on all the chrome, at least not from the '17s.

I really like the new style grill too, any of you guys driving a '19 - if you come out the restaurant and your grill and 8-speed are missing. Gimme a shout, I won't give em back but I'll trade you my better half, she's cool.[emoji1787] f31c4ec8b5e922298a047fcb4ba23ac5.jpg0d93b3d0061b8ea35e2cfded6485496e.jpg7bfd5ef506f90146e9bfcd304ab957e5.jpg06726a1de8e11f1879701e822c6b3fb8.jpg

'16 RAM 2500 pw with a badass Greene tune feed'n & Fire'n the 6.4L w 6spd / 5.13 AAM / 37" KM3 at -25mm / DOR / Alfa / Purple Cranium / z36 PowerStop / Custom Graphics / AVS / Diode Dynamics / 4% VLT Tint

Flea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

Some shots of my Granite Crystal 2017 Rebel stripped ...

68E66B58-D7D1-4B1E-8421-996F85022ED9.jpeg

D71FBF53-9E8A-4B26-AF52-8D4EA8822F0A.jpeg

2C5E69F8-ED76-4CC2-BA7F-A05411514842.jpeg

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Some shots of my Granite Crystal 2017 Rebel stripped ...

View attachment 191831

View attachment 191832

View attachment 191833
DAMN! One good looking gcm Rebel right there. '17 and she looks perfect. Well done.

Is she as perfect as she looks in the photos? That's has got to be a straight up joy to walk up on.

Very nice

'16 RAM 2500 pw with a badass Greene tune feed'n & Fire'n the 6.4L w 6spd / 5.13 AAM / 37" KM3 at -25mm / DOR / Alfa / Purple Cranium / z36 PowerStop / Custom Graphics / AVS / Diode Dynamics / 4% VLT Tint

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn