Power Wagon Gooseneck Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2fastlx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have a 2018 Power wagon. I can't seem to find a for sure answer. I know the power wagon is not suited for heavy towing and I'm good with that. I have a F-350 powerstroke for towing. But I want a gooseneck ball in the pw for moving trailers around the yard. I don't want to tow with it, just want to move trailers around when the 1 ton is hooked to another. The pw has the factory plate that the b&w gooseneck will bolt to. Am I missing something or will the hitch install on the pw like the other 3/4 tons?

Jeep946

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
It will install just like the rest. I work at a dealer and have done a few power wagons. Most of the time we also install the factory 2500 rear coils with a 2 inch spacer. Then you can tow at the regular 2500 ratings.

holmessquad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does the rear truck height change with the different rear springs and spacer. Do you know if handling is changed? Thanks

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Does the rear truck height change with the different rear springs and spacer. Do you know if handling is changed? Thanks

Putting in shorter, progressive rate springs and a 2” spacer is going to change the ride. If you only drive the truck on the street, you may not notice the difference, especially with a load in the back. If you off-road the truck the difference will be very noticeable, and not in a good way.

If you want to tow heavy without ruining the way the rear handles rough terrain, airbags and Daystar cradles is the way to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TalonChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It will install just like the rest. I work at a dealer and have done a few power wagons. Most of the time we also install the factory 2500 rear coils with a 2 inch spacer. Then you can tow at the regular 2500 ratings.

Do you happen to have the part number of the springs you use? I’d assume it’s the ones for a similar cab/bed config, but I can’t find a good xref on the web.

Thx.
Tim

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you happen to have the part number of the springs you use? I’d assume it’s the ones for a similar cab/bed config, but I can’t find a good xref on the web.

Thx.
Tim

I believe the AEV website has the part numbers for the rear springs, and front too, as this is basically the rear setup for their kit.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep. Heres what they say to use...

“Installation of this suspension system on a 2014+ Ram Power Wagon truck will require the purchase of new front and rear coil springs, Mopar PN: 68172091AA (front) and 68091216AA (rear)”

TalonChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yep. Heres what they say to use...

“Installation of this suspension system on a 2014+ Ram Power Wagon truck will require the purchase of new front and rear coil springs, Mopar PN: 68172091AA (front) and 68091216AA (rear)”

Copy; thanks.

Tim

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye