Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deppaz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there any way to program your own OEM LED bed lighting for 2016 Dodge ram Laramie? All of the installation information I can find says you have to take it to the dealer for them to program it and it costs over a $100. I believe that to be a bit excessive and was wondering if there's any way we can do it ourselves at home?

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I believe you would be able to program it with the AlphaOBD Program. Huge thread on it over in the DIY section.

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
+1

Spud2388

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
When do you want them to come on? There is always some wire somewhere that, with the use of a relay, can make then come on whenever. My personal opinion would be to wire them up with the cargo light in the 3rd brake light. I believe the wires are on the drivers side that feed it, so a simple tap and a relay would get you up and running and when it’s on, the bed lights are on.

OP
OP
D

Deppaz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for the suggestion, but I want to keep things oem and not use the cut and splice technique.

I bought the oem RAM LED kit and the instructions have us inserting a female pin into the c1 connector in the firewall body harness. It then instructs us to enable the lights by taking it to the dealer.

I am not looking for alternatives, I really just want to have some specific instructions on how to enable the output using alfaOBD. If i must take it to the dealer, then i will, but I really want to pursue the programming myself so i can do other things in the future without having to pay the dealer each time.

Again, thank you. I really appreciate your help.

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
From the shared google file in the first post of the AlphaOBD thread:

Truck Bed Lighting Feature:

Select “yes”

Reefer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From the shared google file in the first post of the AlphaOBD thread:

Truck Bed Lighting Feature:

Select “yes”
Can you tell me where to find this setting? I've looked and don't see "truck bed lighting"

JMod45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Thank you for the suggestion, but I want to keep things oem and not use the cut and splice technique.

I bought the oem RAM LED kit and the instructions have us inserting a female pin into the c1 connector in the firewall body harness. It then instructs us to enable the lights by taking it to the dealer.

I am not looking for alternatives, I really just want to have some specific instructions on how to enable the output using alfaOBD. If i must take it to the dealer, then i will, but I really want to pursue the programming myself so i can do other things in the future without having to pay the dealer each time.

Again, thank you. I really appreciate your help.

Which part number kit did you get for the truck?
I see two kits on the Mopar website, looks like one is tapped into power with a switch on it. Other has more wiring, not sure what turns it on.

Do these come on with the cargo light button, or somewhere else? Also, did you get any pictures of the lighting yet?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat