Project: Handle Like a Porsche!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Trupiano

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
But like I said, I'm gonna go about an inch lower. Shorter shackles in the back, and loosening the torsion bars in the front. But just for one more inch of drop. Then Im golden!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can get you some measurements and some stock shackles when I add the drop next month.

OP
OP
Trupiano

Trupiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Thanks teach! I just bought silverbullets stock shackles for $35. I could still use the measurements though!

Your dropping yours too! SWEET! How low you gonna go? Lol

DROP FEVER IS CATCHING ON!!!!

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
thats amazing trup. post the picsin the lcc so they will be archived. im glad you arent getting **** for dropping a 4x4 i caught all kinds of hell. you would have thought i was punching babies. i want to go lower too, i need to remove my ol spring

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks teach! I just bought silverbullets stock shackles for $35. I could still use the measurements though!

Your dropping yours too! SWEET! How low you gonna go? Lol

DROP FEVER IS CATCHING ON!!!!

Just dropping the rear. After I took off the bumper and hitch off the rake got to be too much.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Drop them bad boys.....
I took a lot of inspiration from a lowered 4wd when I was figuring out what I wanted.

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
if you dont go offroading and you like the look of a lowered truck, im all for it. I personally prefer the functionality of being able to go through really deep snow and curb hob, not to mention run over cars that are in my way, so i wouldnt own a lowered truck. That being said, they are faster (more grip than 2wd lowered), more stable than a big truck, better on gas, and all around more efficient than a lifted one, so props to you guys :)

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have never had anything lowered or even low for that matter. This is going to be a new experience for me. I will say that all the times the truck has been loaded down I have liked the way it looks sitting level.

OP
OP
Trupiano

Trupiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
thats amazing trup. post the picsin the lcc so they will be archived. im glad you arent getting **** for dropping a 4x4 i caught all kinds of hell. you would have thought i was punching babies. i want to go lower too, i need to remove my ol spring

Thanks Okla! I get plenty of **** from the locals, and the guys in my shop. But Im glad you guys don't harass me too much lol. Went by the shop today, and everyone was like "Whoa! That looks good!"

Just dropping the rear. After I took off the bumper and hitch off the rake got to be too much.

I love the look of a roll pan. I'd like to do that in the not so distant future. But I'd have to get the hidden hitch, with the moveable license plate. Cause I still wanna be able to tow.

if you dont go offroading and you like the look of a lowered truck, im all for it. I personally prefer the functionality of being able to go through really deep snow and curb hob, not to mention run over cars that are in my way, so i wouldnt own a lowered truck. That being said, they are faster (more grip than 2wd lowered), more stable than a big truck, better on gas, and all around more efficient than a lifted one, so props to you guys :)

No offroading for this truck! AF, I'd be honored to be run over in your truck if I was in your way!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love the look of a roll pan. I'd like to do that in the not so distant future. But I'd have to get the hidden hitch, with the moveable license plate. Cause I still wanna be able to tow.

It is a nice mod that goes on easy and really cleans up the back of these trucks.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Trup, here's my 2cents on the flip down license plate. Don't waste your money. Just install two nylon license bosses in the roll pan and when you want to tow just remove the two screws and the license plate. IMO, the flip down is a POS. They don't fit cleanly and stick out more than they should. But if you need one I still have one I bought when I did my pan. I installed it and immediately removed it. I also added a 3/4" piece to help fill the gap between the pan and bottom of the tailagate.

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The day time pictures are sick man. I still say that if I didn't have holes drilled in my roof that my truck would be lowered by now.

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cab lights. I don't want to deal with the hassle of getting the roof redone.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Oh ok I understand now. Yeah I guess cab lights wouldn't quite look right on a lowered truck.

Wait a minute....
Cab lights on a Ram might just have the look that is unique enough to be very cool. I seen several laid out dually's with cab lights and they looked good. Saw an early Chevy slammed with lights that was sweet. I think it would be very cool with a 4/6 drop. I think you might have something. And if you don't think it has the right look when you are done then pull the lights. I'm liking the idea.....