Pulled The Trigger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats on the new ride, looks nice in PICS< be even better when U got yer backside in the driver's seat, Just a Saying, lol

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thanks Guys.. Too bad that the current 8.4 wont do Android.. And I wont spend the $$ to buy a new unit. Well, I say that now lol. I had an aftermarket 10" Android in my wrangler that I was pleased with and had the ability to run off my phones Hot Spot. Kinda spoiled me having Google Maps, Spotify etc right in the radio

I put a JVC touch screen in my wife's 4Runner with Maestro module and it still won't do Android Auto even with her new Galaxy S9. That really pissed me off. At least in the Ram it will read you text messages. My buddy has iPhone nonsense and it doesn't do that in his 2015 Sport.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Bought my last 3 the same way. One for my wife, son and my own.

I was in Juneau, Alaska and in 2004 bought my wife a '99 Chevy Silverado Reg cab/short box 4x4 with the 4.3 V-6 on-line out of Texas. It looked cherry in the pics and was bright shiny red with nice rims. It had low miles so I figured odds were it's in good condition and the guy gave me a 30 day warranty. Shipping company took 33 days so he wouldn't honor any warranties. When it showed up it was all scratched up. He blamed the shippers, but they documented all the scratches upon receipt of the truck. The fuel gauge didn't work ($900), the fuel injection system had to be replaced ($1800), I had to lube the damn driveshaft slip yoke at least every month or the thing clunked when you stopped and started and as far as power, it was an absolute dog. My wife loved that thing, but it was a full time job and any savings we got on the good deal was gone with repairs. No more sight unseen for me unless it is new.

OP
OP
Dantra

Dantra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was in Juneau, Alaska and in 2004 bought my wife a '99 Chevy Silverado Reg cab/short box 4x4 with the 4.3 V-6 on-line out of Texas. It looked cherry in the pics and was bright shiny red with nice rims. It had low miles so I figured odds were it's in good condition and the guy gave me a 30 day warranty. Shipping company took 33 days so he wouldn't honor any warranties. When it showed up it was all scratched up. He blamed the shippers, but they documented all the scratches upon receipt of the truck. The fuel gauge didn't work ($900), the fuel injection system had to be replaced ($1800), I had to lube the damn driveshaft slip yoke at least every month or the thing clunked when you stopped and started and as far as power, it was an absolute dog. My wife loved that thing, but it was a full time job and any savings we got on the good deal was gone with repairs. No more sight unseen for me unless it is new.
Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. One time like that will sour future long distance buys for sure. I've been lucky so far.. even bought a 05 Magnum RT back in 07 that was a Flood car off of an insurance site. It was everything I expected tho.. Motor was shot (hydrolocked) and I had to completely strip and reassmble everything. Gave me an opportunity build as I wanted.. Was running 12s in the 1/4 and getting milk and eggs on the drive home.

Anyway "most of the time" you can get an agreement that you won't sign or take possession until after inspection.

8732cuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh.. And I have ocd and this is my way gambiling. Roll them dice!!

Got confirmation that it will be here Thursday!
Did you get it yet

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

8732cuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I suspect it will be late this afternoon. It's about a 7 hour drive.. Hate waiting haha
Right the anticipation!!! Like Christmas in August.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love that Delmonico Red color. Next truck will be that same color in a few years.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Oh.. And I have ocd and this is my way gambiling. Roll them dice!!

Got confirmation that it will be here Thursday!
Sweet!-I pretty much bought mine the same way-I knew the dealer for years and trusted him-and if I dragged my feet I would have lost it-The used rams fly out the door if they are real nice and taken care of. They often get shipped south for more money. I told my long time dealer what I was looking for and he called me and sent pics before it was advertised. My mechanic checked it over and was impressed. Buying from a dealership gives you a warranty-as opposed to a private sale-which could have you taking over someone elses nightmare.

DWarner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just installed a Rough Country 3 inch lift on my 2017 1500 and am very pleased with it. It raised the front about 3.5 inches and the rear about 1.5 inches. So now it sits level and higher.