Ra4 update question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sdpadrez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry for being naive as I didn’t find my answer searching through forums. I see people talk about updating their Ra4 radio firmware. What are the benefits and how would I know if I need to update. I originally had a ra2 and recently purchase a Ra4. Thanks in advance.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
It's most likey the Software Version, go in the Settings menu, System Information, the Software Version should be 18.45 or 18.50 for the latest

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If everything is working don't worry about it. Sometimes upgrading breaks things.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Sdpadrez

Sdpadrez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If everything is working don't worry about it. Sometimes upgrading breaks things.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
That was my thinking as well. It’s just with my navigation when it redirects me it wants to me constantly do a u-turn but on my iPhone it provides me with a different route. I’m wondering if my maps isn’t updated and if my firmware is a result of that.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If that is all it's doing I think you are good. The navigation was completely useless when I was on the old software version. No joke, leaving work it would show I was driving through the middle of Tempe Town Lake. Saw you are in Az too.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The software update has nothing to do with the map revision. Whatever year truck the RA4 is out of, the maps are probably a year or two older.
Unconnect has the 2019 map version on sale right for $100, you have to have the latest radio software installed to upgrade them.

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The software update has nothing to do with the map revision. Whatever year truck the RA4 is out of, the maps are probably a year or two older.
Unconnect has the 2019 map version on sale right for $100, you have to have the latest radio software installed to upgrade them.
Where can one get this map update? And just to be clear, it works on all RA4's?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where can one get this map update? And just to be clear, it works on all RA4's?
Go to the Uconnect website and click on map updates. All RA4's will take the same update. Type in the info and order it. Note: whenever it asks you for the vin# of the truck use yours not the Vin# of the truck it came out of. You will need the latest firmware version 18.xx.xx in in order to update the maps. It's free on the Uconnect site but you would need to use the vin# of the original truck in order to check for updates. If you don't have the original vin# you can download the firmware from Mpgrimm2's thread on the 8.4 upgrade. I have the 8.4 conversion and have updated my maps several times because I use my Nav a lot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go to the Uconnect website and click on map updates. All RA4's will take the same update. Type in the info and order it. Note: whenever it asks you for the vin# of the truck use yours not the Vin# of the truck it came out of. You will need the latest firmware version 18.xx.xx in in order to update the maps. It's free on the Uconnect site but you would need to use the vin# of the original truck in order to check for updates. If you don't have the original vin# you can download the firmware from Mpgrimm2's thread on the 8.4 upgrade. I have the 8.4 conversion and have updated my maps several times because I use my Nav a lot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thank you.